Sponsored

How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds?

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
If you tow and want a gladiator, only buy the Mojave, one frame shop in Az has already straightened 3 of the early JT frames were bent from towing trailers. There is a lot of overlay steel welded to the weak points on the Mojave, way stronger frame.

bent from towing trailers....that surprises me, the frames on these look like 1/2 ton frames and I had a Taco that didn't even have a full frame in the back (2016, current body style and had basically just the c-channel frame) that had similar tow ratings so I can't imaging the stout frame under the stock JT would have a problem towing within the proper weight range.
Sponsored

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
bent from towing trailers....that surprises me, the frames on these look like 1/2 ton frames and I had a Taco that didn't even have a full frame in the back (2016, current body style and had basically just the c-channel frame) that had similar tow ratings so I can't imaging the stout frame under the stock JT would have a problem towing within the proper weight range.
I agree, these frames certainly look tough enuf to tow recommended weight!

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
If you tow and want a gladiator, only buy the Mojave, one frame shop in Az has already straightened 3 of the early JT frames were bent from towing trailers. There is a lot of overlay steel welded to the weak points on the Mojave, way stronger frame.
Calling BS, JT is SAE J2807 rated, whatever model JT it can handle towing it's rated capacity.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Which shop and what were they towing? This would be all over the news. I call BS on this one. 😁

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I get why a serious rock crawler would want a rubicon(but why a JT??).
I don’t consider myself a serious rock crawler, but then again it’s only been 3 months, but this past week in Moab I believe I made some true believers in the JTR.

Every trail we ran, I had plenty of folks in JK/JLs come up to us and say “damn nice rig....I never would have thought it could do what you did”. Every trail.

Nothing cooler than climbing a huge hill or 5 and then sitting at the end on your tailgate to watch.

👍🏻👍🏻🇺🇸

Sponsored

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds?
Nothing is impossible, Question is how much time do you have in your hand and what's the budget?
1. Get'em both
2. Get JT-392 when it comes out.
3. DYI Build your own, better, faster/slower, stronger, rock crawler, desert runner, sand dune basher, mall crawler.

Mojave parts
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-mojave-part-numbers-list.34668/

Just weld'em for Chassis/Suspension enforcement
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-pics-and-chassis-suspension-breakdown.27544/

Pick a shock any shock & hydraulic jounce bumper
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Jeep&model=Gladiator+JT&year=2020&position=ALL

Factory electronic sway bar disconnect
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-electronic-sway-bar-disconnect.30764/

$5 Pushpin sway bar disconnect
https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/J131621?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.8,1,10,0

AIR LOCKER DIFFERENTIAL
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/lockers/rd117-arb-dana-44-air-locker-differential-and-accessories

e-Locker
https://www.amw4x4.com/product-p/77072405.htm

HEMI swap
https://www.amw4x4.com/category-s/960053.htm

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Last edited:

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Rubi diesels do have the cast iron knuckles. (Like the Mojave)

I think the other (lesser) option is aluminum knuckles.

I used a magnet. It stuck to everything.

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Love to see you try the Rubicon trail with no front locker, no swaybar discount and no extra skid plates.

Point_over_your_head.jpg
I've installed many lockers, nothing prevents me from installing a front. Getting out of my rig to disconnect my sway bar prevents me from nothing and skid plates lol. You are just parroting what you heard from others. If I was building a rock crawler this time, it would be a Wrangler not a JT. A JT would not be optimal. You mention the rubicon trail....Come to Az and I'll show you some rocks.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I've installed many lockers, nothing prevents me from installing a front. Getting out of my rig to disconnect my sway bar prevents me from nothing and skid plates lol. You are just parroting what you heard from others. If I was building a rock crawler this time, it would be a Wrangler not a JT. A JT would not be optimal. You mention the rubicon trail....Come to Az and I'll show you some rocks.
Like Table Mesa...yikes!!!

Sponsored

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
Something that wasn't addressed was the Mojave can lock its rear locker in 4Hi.

Believe it or not, the 2021 JTR can do it to WITHOUT a taser. Once in 4hi, go to offroad+, the press and hold traction control button for five seconds till it says turned off on the dash, then engage rear locker. I HAVE DONE IT while driving on 4x4 beach in coralla.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Something that wasn't addressed was the Mojave can lock its rear locker in 4Hi.

Believe it or not, the 2021 JTR can do it to WITHOUT a taser. Once in 4hi, go to offroad+, the press and hold traction control button for five seconds till it says turned off on the dash, then engage rear locker. I HAVE DONE IT while driving on 4x4 beach in coralla.
How fast can you go like that?

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So I found a hell of a deal on some Mojave take offs.. Springs and shocks all for $450.
So I said what the hell.. let's try it!!
Springs and rear shocks are direct bolt on.. Rides like a dream!! Got an extra 3/4" lift on front.. Put the rears on and got my rake back! lol So may install my leveling kit later..
Now to figure out how to mount the front shocks.. The upper Rubi shock bushing fits the Mojave shock so to either drill out the upper mount to fit the bigger bolt or find a new bushing that will fit the smaller bolt..
The lower Rubi bushing is smaller.. so either drill out the lower hole for the bigger bolt or find a bushing with a smaller bolt hole..

So I got the ride quality of the Mojave with the prowess of a Rubicon.. :rock:
I know it's not all that the Mojave has like bumpstops and all that crap.. But not going to do high speed washes anytime soon.. ;)
Fun fun!

Jeep Gladiator How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds? 20210407_140648

Jeep Gladiator How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds? 20210409_153116

Jeep Gladiator How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds? 20210409_153141