First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I just spoke to the tire guy about the BFGKO2 tires he told me that the general grabber ATX is the same tire he can’t even tell them apart and they’re a lot less expensive anybody wanna weigh in on that they look similar
Similar but look closer at the lug pattern
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I just spoke to the tire guy about the BFGKO2 tires he told me that the general grabber ATX is the same tire he can’t even tell them apart and they’re a lot less expensive anybody wanna weigh in on that they look similar
Tread design is similar, if he can't tell them apart you need a new tire guy or he needs some glasses. No they are not the same tire.

I ran a set on my Ram 2500 6.4l 4x4, they were smooth, quiet and got 50k miles with 4/32" remaining. They however were hard to roll and clipped me for about 1.5mpg.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Although the Milestar Patagonia is classified as an M/T tire, I think it is more of an aggressive leaning hybrid. I am running them in 37s and they seem to be great so far, not loud at all on the highway/street and seemed to do ok in the snow and ice earlier this week. The center is more of an AT type tread with the outer edges being more aggressive MT style lugs. I think their intention is to be a more "crowned" tire that uses the center 2/3 of the tire for quiet daily driving and then you can air down on the trails to take full advantage of the MT lugs to the outside. I am running full tire pressure (35-37) lbs of air and have zero harshness issues on the 37s like I had running anything above 28-30 on the normal MT tires I've run in the past. You cant go wrong with the Patagonia pricing either, my 37 were $244 per tire.
You still like the Pats?

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
I run Federal Xplora RT, they are quiet on road and have been great off road. Good in dirt, mud and rain. They balance good, 3 used 3-4 oz and one was more like 6-7, can’t really tell while driving even at highway speed. There isn’t much rocks or snow in South Texas so I can’t comment on that. But they look great and I got the for about $175 each.

35x12.50R17

Jeep Gladiator Hybrid Tires? What are you running? 29F9A620-2CAD-405C-95F8-C24C54AA5E9F

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So what makes a tire loud? My old km2 howled from the beginning. But their tread blocks especially large. The void weren’t either. My Kelly spring field safaris started out quiet bu by 10 k they were getting loud. My really old falken had a deceptively mild tread. But were great in the snow and light mud and quiet. The BFG ko early version were pretty loud after a while. So what do you think?

Sponsored

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Got them put on. Toyo RT 35x12.50. Love them so far. Super quiet and ride as well maybe better than the factory Falken AT3W.

4C76ED3A-1F37-43A8-A98E-F29DFC00EE20.jpeg

7870CBD6-B28D-4BD8-AB19-C8C2C6980A5B.jpeg

A202F100-D3B1-4D60-8030-3E2702BAFC88.jpeg

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
How does everyone feel about Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? I never see them mentioned but online reviews are pretty good. My dad has had a few sets of these over the years on his Durangos and seems to love them.

I'm heavily considering them in either 295/70r18 or 285/75r18 when I cross that bridge. They are aggressive looking, have gone 50k+ miles for my dad each time, and haven't been too noisy when I ride with him.

I assume they are a hybrid. I never can seem to find how they are classified when searching online.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
How does everyone feel about Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? I never see them mentioned but online reviews are pretty good. My dad has had a few sets of these over the years on his Durangos and seems to love them.

I'm heavily considering them in either 295/70r18 or 285/75r18 when I cross that bridge. They are aggressive looking, have gone 50k+ miles for my dad each time, and haven't been too noisy when I ride with him.

I assume they are a hybrid. I never can seem to find how they are classified when searching online.
Duratracs are great tires. They probably started the “hybrid” classification in all honesty. While I haven’t personally ran them as I’m not a fan of their appearance, several friends have with great reviews. They do great in just about everything besides heavy mud where they perform solid still. Lots of Jeep guys I ran with up in NY/PA run them year Round due to their performance in snow. Don’t think you can go wrong with them if you’re happy with their looks

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
I ran Venom Power hybrids on my F150 and loved them. I'll likely run them on my JT also.

IMG_20200521_164605.jpg

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
You still like the Pats?
Yeah, only been on for a month or so but they are quiet and comfortable on the highway. They did ok in the icy weather the other day too. I have not been Offroad at all because the lift just went on and I finally won’t tear up the fenders now.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

metalry101

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '18 JK Rubi, '17 Sienna, '89 Burb
Occupation
Like a job? What's that?
I agree w/ @Andrew05LJR. I had a set of Duratracs on my previous truck and they worked great everywhere and in all weather. My only complaint was that after 20K miles or so they started cupping and were loud at certain speeds. Those tires had 34K miles on them when I traded the truck in on my Gladiator and they still had another 1/3 or more of the tread left. If I could survive the noise, they would have gone 40K, maybe 45 or 50K even. I'll take that all day long out of a performance oriented tire.

Cransom73

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Salon Owner & Cosmetology Teacher
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is a very popular Hybrid tire that does well. It's not a mud tire so it depends on your needs. If we can help please let us know.
What is your take on the Nitto's vs the Venom Terra Hunter XT's ?