Sponsored

I just installed a lift and this is the Alignment report that was given to me. Is this correct?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
What lift? Makes a difference what parts were used as some offer more adjustability.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
+1 what lift.

Solid axles front and rear means there isn't much adjustability, but an aftermarket lift could mean adjustable control arms or track bars.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
So, they just changed the toe to zero. The caster around 5deg is good for highway. Camber is way out.
Was this alignment from a separate shop, or just part of the lift install? They corrected the steering being off-center. I doubt they touched the caster. The camber issue isn't from the lift, so if an alignment was part of the install, I would say it's fair. there are camber sleeves involved in fixing that. If this was a full alignment performed by a 2nd shop, ask if it was supposed to include a camber correction, and your's is way out.

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
If this was a TJ, (and the suspension setup is fairly similar), you need adjustable control arms to fix the castor and judging by the fact that front camber is out in the same direction (right tire leaning left and left tire leaning left) you probably need an adjustable track bar. The track bar being too short can do this wacky thing with the measurements.

This is why I bought toe alignment plates from Amazon and do it myself. All alignment shops do anymore is fix toe and center the steering wheel and charge you more than $100, which is a joke level easy on any jeep from the past 50 years.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
If this was a TJ, (and the suspension setup is fairly similar), you need adjustable control arms to fix the castor and judging by the fact that front camber is out in the same direction (right tire leaning left and left tire leaning left) you probably need an adjustable track bar. The track bar being too short can do this wacky thing with the measurements.

This is why I bought toe alignment plates from Amazon and do it myself. All alignment shops do anymore is fix toe and center the steering wheel and charge you more than $100, which is a joke level easy on any jeep from the past 50 years.
What's wrong with the caster? The only thing that's jacked is the camber, and the only way to get that is camber bushings.

GoDucksJR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
Electrician
What's wrong with the caster? The only thing that's jacked is the camber, and the only way to get that is camber bushings.
Ideally you'd like the caster higher, higher than 6 degrees will give you better return to center and highway handling. Did you get adjustable LCAs? If not, you should at least get the mopar lift LCAs

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Ideally you'd like the caster higher, higher than 6 degrees will give you better return to center and highway handling. Did you get adjustable LCAs? If not, you should at least get the mopar lift LCAs
I agree. Caster is low. You can go half a turn to one turn longer on the lowers and half a turn or one turn shorter on the uppers. This will give you a better ride.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's what my buddy says, he gave me Hell for taking my new Jeep to have the alignment checked. "What's wrong with your tape measure, you break it?" I just wanted info I trusted vs dealer BS, and they didn't even charge me after driving it - "come back in 10,000 miles and we'll look at it again, the factory caster is way under what it should be."

I fixed it temporarily with longer LCA's and then the steering box TSB cleaned it all up.

When you get BS camber results from undertrained "techs" what are you actually paying for?

My suspension shop does the alignments for my 4x4 shop, small town networks, and THAT kind of expertise is worth paying for. They know how to adjust all the control arm and Panhard rod bits and pieces for optimum performance.

A regular old toe alignment on a SFA? NOPE.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
5deg is spec, so there's not much to complain about what the shop did there. Did I miss where the OP talked about how the adjusters were set? Sure, more caster will have more on-center feel, but I'm not sure if I'd go throwing parts at 1deg of caster before the camber is fixed. Until then, expect banana handling.

GoDucksJR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
Electrician
5deg is spec, so there's not much to complain about what the shop did there. Did I miss where the OP talked about how the adjusters were set? Sure, more caster will have more on-center feel, but I'm not sure if I'd go throwing parts at 1deg of caster before the camber is fixed. Until then, expect banana handling.
1 degree of caster makes a big difference in these jeeps, it's all over the forum. Spec is low from the get go. Adding $70 mopar lift LCAs is a good way to do it. It definitely wouldn't hurt.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The Jeep JT specs are a joke, 4.5 deg +/- 1.0 degree is in spec.

The YJ spec says 7.0 to 8.0 and my '93 is in spec, not sure WHAT precisely though, and it steers a whole lot straighter than my '20 JTR when I picked it up from the dealer.

1 degree of caster makes a big difference in these jeeps, it's all over the forum. Spec is low from the get go. Adding $70 mopar lift LCAs is a good way to do it. It definitely wouldn't hurt.

OP
OP
Gladiator2021

Gladiator2021

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Flooring
What lift did you install? Most decent lift manufacturers will give alignment specs for their lifts.

Below is a thread showing a picture for the factory alignment specs

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-your-jt-some-info-for-you.20702/#post-317328
It was the Clayton Off-road Jeep Gladiator 2.5” Ride Right + Lift Kit originally but I also purchased LCA Front and Rear and Fox 2.0 Shocks . I had a different garage do another alignment but I’m still getting a vibration in the front. I think it’s coming from the driver’s side but I’m not sure. I attached a copy of the new alignment
What lift did you install? Most decent lift manufacturers will give alignment specs for their lifts.

Below is a thread showing a picture for the factory alignment specs

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-your-jt-some-info-for-you.20702/#post-317328
Jeep Gladiator I just installed a lift and this is the Alignment report that was given to me.  Is this correct? 2395BB9D-2AD8-4519-ADC9-7118C94E59FD
Sponsored