Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Not under-cooked, uncooked. Yep, raw chicken.

I rarely eat fast food any more and this will probably be the last time in my life unless I find myself on the road with no alternative. I contacted the store and as you probably guessed, they offered to give me 2 new sandwiches for "free". If I had a lifetime of free food from this location I'd never use it. Is this something I should contact the health department about? I'm not looking to be compensated and I don't even care about the 6 bucks they owe me as much as I'd like for this this to not happen to anyone else. I've put the sandwiches in the freezer for now in case I need more evidence than this photo taken after I bit into it.
RQCMQC5.jpg
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I post that pic to googl map reviews for sure. That's crazy. I had an experience like that at McDonald's over a decade ago but the nuggets were not that raw.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Cā€™mon now, you sure thatā€™s just not their new extra moist recipe???

Stephen21

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2014 Wrangler
Occupation
Still looking
I have not eaten a fast food chicken sandwich in many years. Some years ago work had me spending some time in their kitchens. Ever since, I rarely eat any fast food and never chicken.

I keep a couple of "meal replacement" bars in my rig in case I am caught out and about and get hungry.

I have worked around the entire process from the farm to the processors to the supermarkets and restaurants. That experience has definitely changed what and where I eat. I love all sorts of food, liver & onions, sushi, raw oysters etc. I am not "food picky". I am "handling and preparation picky".

Ignorance is bliss :LOL: Prior to my time around those industries, I would eat pretty much anything and not think twice about it.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Sarge Mojave, ā€˜21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
As much as I hate most social media, if you want this to get attention then post it to Twitter and tag Wendys.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Call a lawyer, 2 free sandwiches is NOT compensation for the Salmonella you got and almost died from. šŸ¤«

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have not eaten a fast food chicken sandwich in many years. Some years ago work had me spending some time in their kitchens. Ever since, I rarely eat any fast food and never chicken.

I keep a couple of "meal replacement" bars in my rig in case I am caught out and about and get hungry.

I have worked around the entire process from the farm to the processors to the supermarkets and restaurants. That experience has definitely changed what and where I eat. I love all sorts of food, liver & onions, sushi, raw oysters etc. I am not "food picky". I am "handling and preparation picky".

Ignorance is bliss :LOL: Prior to my time around those industries, I would eat pretty much anything and not think twice about it.

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, well, that didn't work.

I'm listening if you want to let us in on your insider knowledge.

O-Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Biltmore or Black Mtn.? I only ask because I heard one of them has gone downhill really bad and it isn't the Biltmore location.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Call a lawyer, 2 free sandwiches is NOT compensation for the Salmonella you got and almost died from. šŸ¤«
Youā€™re right. Not getting sick is no excuse for someoneā€™s mistake. That low temp grease might not hurt someone else. Huh? Nevermind.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If you really want anything of consequence and action, call your local health department and make a complaint. That will usually get a health inspector up their ass to get that place checked out.

I believe your story but also believe it is more of a rare event localized. I have eaten many hundreds of that exact same sandwich from Wendy's over the many years and other than getting a cold one that was still cooked throughly, never had an issue.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I called the health department and was given the email of who to send my complaint to. I sent her the photo and told what happened but never heard anything back. I'm floored at the email from the district manager. At this point I just want a refund out of principle. I think I'll Google review that location with the picture. I did Tweet it to Wendy's who responded immediately put me in touch with the district manager.
Biltmore or Black Mtn.? I only ask because I heard one of them has gone downhill really bad and it isn't the Biltmore location.
Black Mountain. They have a history of rarely getting my orders right but they had never sold me anything like this. They recently had a remodel and I made the mistake of trying them again. As I said earlier, I'm pretty much done with fast food after this experience.

Lake Miller

First Name
Lake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Web Developer
You should air fry it, geez I wonder why the inside is still raw while the outside looks crispy enough.
Sponsored