Sponsored

I raced a Taco this morning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anything over about 55 MPH, mine goes to shit with the 4.10's and 37's... Even with the ECM reprogrammed. I think it drops the engine RPM's too low in 8th, but it's still too high when running in 7th constantly. I'll probably end up doing a 4.88 swap in the near future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice the Gladiator gets better MPG if you push it a little? I goes down if I baby it.
I guess it gets up into a better hp/gear ratio.
Mines just the opposite, in town I seem to do better than if I'm constantly on it. If I stay between 55-70 with little stopping I can maintain above 19 MPGs. On the interstate 70-75 is about the sweet spot for mine and that will get me closer to 20 depending on how long I drive. Anything over 80 and I lose MPGs pretty quickly.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
With the 35" Falken's and the 488 gearing, the acceleration in this Jeep is impressive. Maybe even more than the 6.2 Sierra I traded for it.....between stop lights. :))

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

These dodge Rams are dying to make a fool out of you guys . Don't take the bait. Use your truck for what it was designed to do.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, them and the super duties and the F150’s and numerous other much faster trucks. But off road..... they are in trouble. Just enjoy a good laugh when you are wenching them out of somewhere your Jeep goes without issue and make the comment, “that thing sure is fast”

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Don’t worry team, I got your back!

I do my part to make Raptors and Rams look foolish. So far, I’m batting 1000. My gps says my 0-60 is 5.8 seconds, but it seems faster. Perhaps that’s just the sensation of this brick coming up to speed! Anyway, I make sure they almost catch up, before I leave them, but I ALWAYS do it safely and respectfully.

Sponsored

Tacobuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2020 LT1 Camaro
Every Taco I have ever lined up next to has tried to race me. Or maybe they are just embarrassed to be seen in them and just want to run and hide.
Either way I assumed they were faster and never tried to race them back.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Every Taco I have ever lined up next to has tried to race me. Or maybe they are just embarrassed to be seen in them and just want to run and hide.
Either way I assumed they were faster and never tried to race them back.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
What a funny commercial. Even more so in relation to the context of this thread.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I traded a 2018 Tacoma in for my 2020 Gladiator. I haven’t raced in Tacos in the off-road vehicle, but when I drove the Tacoma it felt slow, felt hard to get out of the way and didn’t move, slowest vehicle I’ve ever driven. The Gladiator feels a lot faster to me, not based on anything other than how it feels.
Sponsored