Sponsored

If I add lift, do I have to also buy new tires?

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The only reason I did mine so quickly was because after the JKU, 7rs about 5 different setups, I pretty much knew what I wanted to do with the JT. Buy once Cry once
Same here. After researching and looking at JTs on dealer lots I knew I wanted 35s and at least a 2 inch lift. I almost went with a smaller lift and tires to save $$, but of all people my wife encouraged me not to do it haha She said “Don’t waste our money on something you aren’t going to be happy with and change later!”
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
To the OP, it's YOUR Jeep. You DON'T have to do ANYTHING to it you don't want.

You will get opinions on this, that or the other. But in the end, it is YOURS, so make it YOURS any way you want.

OP
OP

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
That was quick haha Looks good! Factory steel wheels or did you paint the aluminum wheels black?
Yea these are the rims it came with. One of the reasons for me choosing this truck. The granite color with black sort of ghosted throughout does it for me.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. After researching and looking at JTs on dealer lots I knew I wanted 35s and at least a 2 inch lift. I almost went with a smaller lift and tires to save $$, but of all people my wife encouraged me not to do it haha She said “Don’t waste our money on something you aren’t going to be happy with and change later!”
Yeah i started with a 2in spacer lift and 35's. I now have a 3 in with 37's...get what you want the first time! You have a very smart wife!

Sponsored

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I just put rubicon shocks and springs on my sport s with no spacer lift and added 35x10.5x17 kenda klever rt's. No rubbing so far but I havnt flexed it.
I am interested in these tires and would love to see pictures. I like the narrower tire. I installed the Rubicon shocks and front springs along with 3/4 Daystar spacer up front. Leveled it perfectly and let me keep my Max Tow capability by keeping my rear springs. Have 255/80/17’s on now which are true 33’s but want to go a little bigger.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am interested in these tires and would love to see pictures. I like the narrower tire. I installed the Rubicon shocks and front springs along with 3/4 Daystar spacer up front. Leveled it perfectly and let me keep my Max Tow capability by keeping my rear springs. Have 255/80/17’s on now which are true 33’s but want to go a little bigger.
I'll have to get some pics but until then you can check out this thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/kenda-klever-r-t-kr601-35x10-50r17.28656/

I like them so far. I checked the height of the tire before and after they were under the truck and they measured 35" before and 38.875" after they were mounted.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Texas Cajun..... You know larger tires affect your speedo and odometer. Ya might want to change the settings.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'd argue go the reverse route. Tires first then lift. Pretty much every vehicle I have ever built, tires have the bigger impact. You can run a 33 or even 35 without a lift.
Sponsored