Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Wrangler/Gladiator halogens are notoriously crappy. Like, to the point where I wonder how they're even legally passable. A birthday candle reflecting off a brick wall produces more light than those halogens.

In my JKU, I often had to flip on my high beams just to verify I even had my lights on. So many other people do the same. I eventually upgraded to JW Speaker LEDs and it was honestly the best upgrade/"mod" I made.

Headlights are one of any vehicle's most important safety feature. I'll never buy another Jeep again unless I get the LED package or I have upgrades waiting at home on day 1.

At least you can easily remedy the lighting situation!
I'll check those lights out.

Thanks for advice.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
- Remote start (an unused luxury feature that isn't safe to use in garages)
The exhaust from my running truck escapes the garage as soon as I open the garage door.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Proximity locks. I had 2 orders, first was the 3.6 which I cancelled for the diesel. On the second order I obsessed over every option not realizing how used to proximity locks I had become. Now, I walk up to the truck and attempt to open the door 90%+ of the time with no result and only then remember to pull my fob out to unlock it.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had to buy off the lot and got more then I would have is I ordered my Max Tow stripped down, for 5% under invoice no less. But I didn't get Sirius on that fancy UConnect3. Just bought a 6 mo. old used one. Good to go. ( Premium soft top, BedLiner, Heater mirrors, power windows and locks, MaxTow, 8 speed auto, Aux Switch package, tint)

Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
If I have to flick my high beams on or flip my headlight on/off switch just to verify I have power/functioning lights, then that's a problem. If I'm only one of countless others that do the exact same, then that's a massive problem.

If you trailer your Jeep to the trail then that's fine, but the vast majority of us drive ours on the road as well as off.

I drive 4k+ miles a month so the Gladiator has never been trailered anywhere lol. The lights on the Gladiator are pretty good compared to say.. my 63 Impala, or my old CJ7, XJs, etc.

I've never once had to turn my highbeams on, or flip my headlights on/off to verify they're on. Maybe you prefer the bright white LED look but the stock halogens are far from unsafe. Certainly a far cry from being a massive problem but again forum hyperbole is hilarious so you do you.

I can say that I personally witnessed stranded motorists in far west Texas that had their LEDs freeze over last winter. Their cars were useless in the storm. The HIDs in my Navigator, and the other trucks with halogens were the only ones with functioning headlights. I'm sure the LED owners have a great time in good weather comparing their light output on well lit city streets lol.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had to buy off the lot and got more then I would have is I ordered my Max Tow stripped down, for 5% under invoice no less. But I didn't get Sirius on that fancy UConnect3. Just bought a 6 mo. old used one. Good to go. ( Premium soft top, BedLiner, Heater mirrors, power windows and locks, MaxTow, 8 speed auto, Aux Switch package, tint)
Oh yeah, before installed in the used UConnect w Sirius I install mopar remote start).

So really only 2 things missing from my original almost perfect JT.

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
I did get to do it again! I went from a fully loaded gasser rubi to a more slimmed down diesel rubi. I changed the color from black to blue and now I kinda miss having the safety groups and trail rail system. I will be adding the proximity door handles soon though

BB833813-E7AD-4E96-B83F-CDAC9CE333BF.jpeg

23C8C7A4-5430-4F4B-BBB0-A3A893FC549C.jpeg

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
100% wish I had gotten the auxiliary switches and trail rail management system, particularly for the 115V bed outlet.

I’m very satisfied outside of that.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Honestly, not a damn thing. I can add the few things I decided I didn’t need from the factory.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got exactly what I wanted when I started looking at JT's, and that was a Sport S in Gator with a tow package that would pull my trailers without exceding its limits. I can say with a straight face that I would make exactly the same decision all over again, and I've owned it for well over a year now.

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Like many others responding to this question, I wish I had the Auxiliary Switches on my Mojave. I am probably going to end up having them installed by the dealer (so they are covered by the warranty). Other than that, I am 100% happy with mine.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I'll check those lights out.

Thanks for advice.
They're up on the expensive end of options, so just know there's a lot more than those at more affordable prices, depending on your budget.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I drive 4k+ miles a month so the Gladiator has never been trailered anywhere lol. The lights on the Gladiator are pretty good compared to say.. my 63 Impala, or my old CJ7, XJs, etc.

I've never once had to turn my highbeams on, or flip my headlights on/off to verify they're on. Maybe you prefer the bright white LED look but the stock halogens are far from unsafe. Certainly a far cry from being a massive problem but again forum hyperbole is hilarious so you do you.

I can say that I personally witnessed stranded motorists in far west Texas that had their LEDs freeze over last winter. Their cars were useless in the storm. The HIDs in my Navigator, and the other trucks with halogens were the only ones with functioning headlights. I'm sure the LED owners have a great time in good weather comparing their light output on well lit city streets lol.
It's a battle of anecdotes, but one would hope to side with caution and take my anecdote seriously no matter the flare I've added for dramatic effect.

As for snow melting, they make LED lights with heating elements for those who may need it. There's also HID retrofits that naturally eliminate this concern while also boosting overall safety.

I'm in Oklahoma and my non-heated JW Speakers never left me desiring more during the winter.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
As the title says - If you could redo your purchase - what would you change?

To answer my own question - I wish I would have gotten the Diesel. Strictly for the torque and economy. I'm not unhappy with the V6 gasser (Livernois has a great tune!), however with the Banks tuner or potential upcoming tune from GDE I wish I would have gotten my truck with the different power plant.

How about you?
I DID do it over. I special ordered a loaded sting grey gladiator gasser April 2020. I regretted not waiting for the diesel and hated I chose the black hard top instead of body matched. April 2021 I ordered a new fully loaded Rubicon, this time with the Diesel and body color matched hard top and I could NOT be happier! FYI I will be getting the GDE tune! More torque/HP, better gas and better on the engine = Even More Fun.
Sponsored