First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
I’m pretty jealous of the GTD…. I’m getting ready to put a gtb2265vk in our mk6 sportwagen- waiting on a cp3 pump to ship…. Canadian customs or something 🤷🏽‍♂️😢. Wish we got the GTD or the 4motion tdi’s on this side.
I bought a GTD 4 motion for my sister with ABT tune … 230hp almost 470nm . With the dsg it’s pretty impressive and … damn this car is like a camel 😂😂😂 less than 5l/100km if you drive on highway on long distance . People loves or hates but a fact is … VW they knows how to make cars
Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
It's doing exactly what it should be doing to prevent lugging or over-loading the engine. The thing knows the torque output.
People need to get over the engine revving for HP. Don't sweat it when it's cranking 2500 RPM or better. No big deal. Hell, these are still in economy mode - low lift intake valve mode up to 2800 RPM.
We were on the FLAT in Florida and there was a head-wind and my truck never left 7th gear, running in the lower 2,000s much of the time were were on that highway. It's normal.
LET IT WIND UP!
I'm talking about where it's in the 3-4k range and just hangs there for a few seconds after you've crested the hill. It eventually upshifts, but it's a long enough delay to be annoying.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Drive a ford 10 speed, and you’ll wish it had a ZF. Absolute garbage ;) One of many reasons I ditched my Raptor. ZF makes fantastic transmissions, have had ZF in almost every car over the past 5 years and they rock. Even the ZF in two BMWs were fantastic.
My daily is a Ford 10 speed and my ZF 850 died at 22k. I'm liking the Ford 10 speed better at this point.

The Ford 10 speed occasionally does weird things in regular drive mode, but it's a blast to drive in sport mode.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
ah ... thats an helpfull and bad news answer.... i'm an european guy ... raised with fully torqued low rpm turbo diesel engine... and i really dont like when it's shift up than 2000 -2500 rpm.
now i have the confirm that i need to adapt my driving style and learn about how to drive with naturally aspirated gas engie. thanks for the answer i appreciate
Yeah, when the 3.6 needs power it will hold gears but even over 4k rpm it is smooth and doesn't sound like it wants to eat itself. My old 2.5l boxer would make me cringe at 4k, vibrating and groaning. This engine has a very broad, flat torque curve but if you need speed it takes RPMs.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Wow! I’d kill to even get 93 octane here. 91 is the best swill I can pump.
EU 93 is equivalent to US 91. Difference Engine: Who needs premium? | The Economist The EU uses the RON number while the US utilizes the RON/MON average. Unless an engine is designed to take advantage of the higher octane there is no benefit. Our engines gain nothing from premium other than potentially lower ethanol content and/or better additive packages. Given the choice I choose 'real gas' every time.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
EU 93 is equivalent to US 91. Difference Engine: Who needs premium? | The Economist The EU uses the RON number while the US utilizes the RON/MON average. Unless an engine is designed to take advantage of the higher octane there is no benefit. Our engines gain nothing from premium other than potentially lower ethanol content and/or better additive packages. Given the choice I choose 'real gas' every time.
Good info. I used to put 87 in mine, except when towing. I started to notice it run a bit rough on it. I’m at high altitude, so there may be some differences without as much combustible oxygen, but mine runs better on 91. So it’ll get it forever now.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
about 1800 at 70mph in 8th gear
I usually set the cruise on 78 and the tach is reading somewhere in the 2000-2100 range. this is the diesel w 3.73 gears. The trans is good, rugged for the little truck
Sponsored