Sponsored

Ineligible for TSB because of Mopar lift...

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
they claim they get paid, but at a decreased preagreed rate. So if they are busy and have lots of work they will put you off to the back burner.
That has nothing to do with your lift though. Maybe I didn't read through this thread closely enough.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Following this thread. I sincerely hope the OP finds a decent dealer. Like others I have several suspension upgrades and my dealer did the work with no complaints. I did pull the synergy brace before the TSB work. Honestly i dont feel the need to put it back on now that its done.
If you’re ever in DE, ill point ya to a good dealer shop!

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Mine was ok with the mopar lift and bigger tires, but wanted to deny me for the heavy duty steering rods. Since mopar doesn't make such thing, they'd deny it. However, they have to prove that is the case. I'm shocked yours says to go that route. Also mine got approved, they had to call headquarters, but got approved from them. So dealers are full of shit and don't know what theyre talking about. Fight it

GladiatorNate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Video Producer
My local dealer approved the TSB, but my aftermarket warranty denied it, claiming that the wandering and pull to the right is from my 33"x12.5" tires. They suggested I buy stock wheels and tires, and then they would look at it again.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
My local dealer approved the TSB, but my aftermarket warranty denied it, claiming that the wandering and pull to the right is from my 33"x12.5" tires. They suggested I buy stock wheels and tires, and then they would look at it again.
what does the after market warranty have to do with it? They shouldn’t be involved at all? This goes through the dealer and the TSB is from FCA. It’s not a warranty claim on something that failed that wasn’t supposed to.

The TSB is a fix for a wide spread issue that FCA has acknowledged and agreed to pay for, and the work is done by the dealer, who is reimbursed by FCA.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I posted this in the other steering thread.

There seems to be some confusion here. The bulletin states that the customer may describe either steering wander or a pull left or right and if the customer does PERFORM THE REPAIR PROCEDURE. Bulletins can be performed without verification of the complaint. No need to test drive. Basically what that means is that if you come in complaining of either issue they can perform the bulletin. Bulletins are symptom based. As far as lifts are concerned the only thing that the bulletin says is that if it's lifted beyond the limits of factory alignment specs, the bulletin MAY not repair your concern. One alignment spec that will probably be out with a lift is curb height. Basically you jacked your Jeep up, you're on your own. There's nothing that says that they can't perform the bulletin due to your lift. If they say that there is, ask them to show it to you.

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
Just curious what the cost of the parts are IF you decided to do the steering box replacement yourself? I am not advocating letting any dealership off the hook but if you had more money than time I wonder what it would set you back to just do it yourself instead of playing games with a D-bag dealer.
I saw one post that stated the parts were less than $600.....

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
My dealer did my Mopar lift and TSB at the same time. It's still pulling to the right but I just haven't had time to take it back.

GladiatorNate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Video Producer
what does the after market warranty have to do with it? They shouldn’t be involved at all? This goes through the dealer and the TSB is from FCA. It’s not a warranty claim on something that failed that wasn’t supposed to.

The TSB is a fix for a wide spread issue that FCA has acknowledged and agreed to pay for, and the work is done by the dealer, who is reimbursed by FCA.

My understanding was that a TSB is still a warranty claim, or customer out of pocket expense - not like a recall. My dealer took it straight to my warranty company (which isn't FCA unfortunately). Should I go to a different dealer?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
My understanding was that a TSB is still a warranty claim, or customer out of pocket expense - not like a recall. My dealer took it straight to my warranty company (which isn't FCA unfortunately). Should I go to a different dealer?
the steering gear swap if approved is covered by FCA.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I recommend posting on the long steering thread to ask which dealership in the DFW area has done the steering gear swap under warranty.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to entitle this post "ineligible for tsb because of mopar lift, or complete incompetence by stealership." I took my jeep to the stealership today to get it checked out for the TSB. I drove it back from west texas this weekend and it was unbearable to drive. White knuckle driving the entire trip. Every bump at 60+ felt like I was going to swerve into the other lane.

When I took it to the stealership the suit at the desk told me that he checked out my problem and that he recommends a track bar and a steering stabilizer (which I intend to do down the road, but I am not placing a bandaid over jeep's broken leg). He told me that the only problem with the steering is that I have 35s and only a mopar lift. I asked him several times why the mopar lift doesnt come with these components if these are potential problems. He had no answer. I walked to the parts desk and asked the parts guy if this was a potential problem (I approached him as if I were a prospective customer). He thought it was a ridiculous question and of course you shouldn't compromise drivability by installing a mopar lift kit and the 35 inch tires which the kit states it is capable of running. So these two gentlemen were on completely different pages.

I went back and talked to the suit behind the desk about the TSB. I asked him if the steering box in my truck is steel or aluminum. He stated that the TSB states that the steel and aluminum parts are for different vehicles. My gladiator doesn't have such a part available, according to suit.

Quite frankly, I have no idea what is going on with Huffines if DFW. I am pretty forlorn about the whole situation. I have wanted a jeep for a very long time and saved up to buy one, and now it is extremely unenjoyable to drive. Not only is it a very unpleasant driving experience, but the people at the dealership who are supposed to help me fix my $45k truck seem to lack the knowledge requisite to fix my problem, and the ambition necessary to at least be of some modicum of help.

What would you guys say the next step for me is? Do I take it to another stealership? Do I just buy the trackbar and steering stabilizer and install myself? Do I go trade the gladiator in and go with the Chevy Bison that I was thinking about? I really wanted my wife's next vehicle to be a grand wagoneer when they come out, but if this is how service works with Jeep then I can't imagine spending that much for an SUV. @JeepCares

Here's the paperwork:

IMG_20200930_172337_2.jpg

IMG_20200930_172321_2.jpg

Really? Just go to a different dealership. One that wants your business and will work with you.

Ever stop to think how you can negotiate the price of a new car/truck but you can't negotiate the price of a roll of toilet paper? :surprised:

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
This should not come from the warranty company but FCA. My guess is maybe it has something to do with your warranty paying more for the repair than FCA does....

why would the warranty cover cover something that the manufacture admits needs to be replaced and said they would cover it?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Are you the one with the Canadian Import truck? If so, you won't get FCA warranty coverage from any USA dealer. The coverage provided by your warranty company will be the same, regardless of where you take the truck for service. No warranty company will pay for work that should be covered by the factory warranty.

DanHillAK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 92 BMW M5 Touring, 2017 Volvo XC90
I have Mopar lift and 35s, dealership did mine no prob.
Sponsored