Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
This and make it metal. If the center console locked down like a small gun safe with the push of a button, many of us would probably dig that.

Power lock. Would be nice for the glovebox too for doors off days.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I am happy with my console, the mirrors which are useless on the best in class towing vehicle need to be updated. If I tow my boat I can not see to back up. If the mirrors were 4 inches wider it would be a big help.

Last edited:

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
How would you put the contols on the windows? Also if you could even lower them, how would you roll them back up once the controls are inside the door?šŸ˜‰
Thats not my problem. Iā€™m the consumer not the designerā€¦. šŸ˜‰

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I love the interior of my Gladiator except for three things. One, I HATE that the windows donā€™t have an auto up. Second, I need a safer place to put my phone than between two wet drinks maybe a wireless charger option. Last, have an option for no carpet AT ALL, and full rubber floors for easy clean up.
āœŒ

Add another request for the all rubber floors -- this should be standard IMHO. We don't need no stinkin' carpet.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a thing. It's in just about every other car on the market. I had one in my ZR2, and it was great. Jeep doesn't have some special flying cellphone liability problem.

UConnect 5 supports wireless CarPlay. You'll want that wireless charger, especially on long trips.

How would it add weight? It's a different switch and a line of code in the BCM or something. The window regulator motor is the same regardless. Auto up/down on all windows would be excellent. Not sure why it's not standard across the industry.
I don't have anything to use carplay. And I plug my phone in. I can plug it in right at the dash. No biggy.
And on the doors/windows - SAFETY measured. You can't allow a window to auto-up and not detect obstruction. Kids - and adults - have been hurt.
There's a thread here on how to add the auto-up function but I'd never use it if there was a kid in the passenger seat. Granted you can control the window function so stuff will be less likely to happen, but let a kid stick their head or hand out the window and that switch be hit.
Pretty sure the motors would be different because of the safety factor. They are incredibly tiny window motors.
I'll have to check my tech stuff - but pretty sure this was discussed with about another vehicle (Chevy) and this all came up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
āœŒ

Add another request for the all rubber floors -- this should be standard IMHO. We don't need no stinkin' carpet.
Carpet used to be an option, rubber floor lining was standard.
Like a few other things that are standard at some levels, options at others, make it an option for Sport and Rubicon, or make the rubber standard and carpet an option. Very doable.

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Carpet used to be an option, rubber floor lining was standard.
Like a few other things that are standard at some levels, options at others, make it an option for Sport and Rubicon, or make the rubber standard and carpet an option. Very doable.

āœŒ

Had no idea -- still a Jeep noob.

Personally, pulling on the thread of your idea, make rubber standard. Make carpet a dealer installed option. Dealers are always looking to improve margins, and those dealer-installed options do it.

Apologies to the OP -- we have gotten way, way off topic. šŸ¤£

jeepney12

First Name
Savannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Vet Assistant
I love the interior of my Gladiator except for three things. One, I HATE that the windows donā€™t have an auto up. Second, I need a safer place to put my phone than between two wet drinks maybe a wireless charger option. Last, have an option for no carpet AT ALL, and full rubber floors for easy clean up.
I'm also on the same page not a fan of a carpet so I used rubber ever since

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
āœŒ

Had no idea -- still a Jeep noob.

Personally, pulling on the thread of your idea, make rubber standard. Make carpet a dealer installed option. Dealers are always looking to improve margins, and those dealer-installed options do it.

Apologies to the OP -- we have gotten way, way off topic. šŸ¤£
Oh, please! Not dealer installed! It was a factory option in cars decades ago - early 60s for example many CARS and trucks came with rubber mat floors. Carpet was a premium. My first truck, a 67 Chevy, had no carpet. My next truck - a 70 Chevy, did have carpet. The first I washed out with a hose (making bloody sure it was dry as floors rotting were also an issue back then - saw many patched with tar and old license plates)

Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
removable cupholder liner so that it can be easily cleaned. and don't need the lights in the cupholders.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
USB ports up on the dash along with a more intentional mounting solution. After market is doing fine but embrace for the mounting rails, but embrace that with phone mounts, dash cams, radios etc, pier up there is a no brainer. Put the molle seats on all trims, rear pouches are useless for just about everything and arenā€™t even lined in cloth or leather, just foam.

anything and everything to increase storage options.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
removable cupholder liner so that it can be easily cleaned. and don't need the lights in the cupholders.
Yes, on removable. They are on many other vehicles - easy to wash out sticky splashes of drinks. So many vehicles DO have the lights and at night on dark roads, I actually like having them there.

Put the molle seats on all trims, rear pouches are useless for just about everything and arenā€™t even lined in cloth or leather, just foam.
Uh, no. Not on mine. Why make things standard for everyone when only some will want that?

And yes, I do use rear pouches. We've used 'em on several of our past vehicles. Not always, but nice to have 'em when we have used 'em.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, no. Not on mine. Why make things standard for everyone when only some will want that?

And yes, I do use rear pouches. We've used 'em on several of our past vehicles. Not always, but nice to have 'em when we have used 'em.
Iā€™m not saying they canā€™t be an option, but if they are going to be standard they shouldnā€™t be so poorly executed. The hard backed seats with a net or the molle webbing has more uses and fits the build quality of the interior better.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
In my opinion you (Jeep) have barely tapped into the aftermarket world. You don't have to recreate the wheel just improve upon it. Partner with the big names in the business. Mopar-Tuffy locking console, Mopar-KC light combos, Mopar-Fishbone bed racks..... something! As per the center console, any place I could put my sunglasses would be nice. Tons of potential lies within that massive dark abyss you have put in the jeeps. I mean seriously its a foot deep and I end up finding a years worth of gas money I didn't even know about every time I clean it out. Oh.. and for the love of God please come out with a Mopar dead pedal.
Sponsored