Sponsored

Is there any difference between JT or JKU Fox Rubicon shocks?

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Title pretty much says it all. Can I get Jeep Rubicon take-off shocks from pretty much anything and they are the same, or is there a difference between a Wrangler shock and a Gladiator? Thanks all.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
JT is heavier than the JL and the JL is heavier than the JK.

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
JL shock lengths are the same, however, bolt sizes on the rear are different. JT shocks have bigger top and bottom bolts/bushings on the rear shocks.

Also JL Rubicon doesn't have Fox shocks, only Gladiators have those. Rear JL and JT springs are not interchangeable either.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Per FOX, the JL and JT front shock, 2.0 no lift, is the same.

Per FOX, the JK front shock, 2.0 no lift, is smaller.

As a Rubicon owner, I would NOT buy the FOX 2.0 at any price point and am looking forward to changing them out.

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
International Banker
As a Rubicon owner, I would NOT buy the FOX 2.0 at any price point and am looking forward to changing them out.
It's all relative. As an Overland owner, they were a nice upgrade, and I got an inch out of the springs.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's all relative. As an Overland owner, they were a nice upgrade, and I got an inch out of the springs.
Overland and Sport, yes it is an upgrade. But they are still a mediocre shock that is overpriced.
With a 500 pound difference between a JLU Rubicon and a JT Rubicon there is no way the same shock should be used on both models. The JT version should be a different package. Then we have the JT diesel Rubicon on the same shocks, which is another step in the wrong direction.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
International Banker
Overland and Sport, yes it is an upgrade. But they are still a mediocre shock that is overpriced.
With a 500 pound difference between a JLU Rubicon and a JT Rubicon there is no way the same shock should be used on both models. The JT version should be a different package. Then we have the JT diesel Rubicon on the same shocks, which is another step in the wrong direction.
I have no idea what kind of shock is on the JLUR, it's not a fox shock. Jeep did seem to try to account for the difference giving JTR the Fox 2.0. JLUR peeps have switched from the Red rubicon shock to our Fox 2.0s by making adaptors to fit the JL, and they've been pleased with the upgrade, so they must be at least marginally better then the JLUR "Reds".

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
International Banker
I should add I'm not arguing with you, there are clearly better shocks available for the JTR, not my desire to be combative, I know it looks that way. Just throwing out what I've seen.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I didn't see it as an argument.

I just like informing people that the Rubicon FOX 2.0's are not that good of a shock and in looking into them have found that FOX offers the exact same part number for both JL and JT.

Step up to an adjustable, remote reservoir shock if you want true control of compression and rebound. I will once I decide on the lift I want.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I have no idea what kind of shock is on the JLUR, it's not a fox shock. Jeep did seem to try to account for the difference giving JTR the Fox 2.0. JLUR peeps have switched from the Red rubicon shock to our Fox 2.0s by making adaptors to fit the JL, and they've been pleased with the upgrade, so they must be at least marginally better then the JLUR "Reds".
The Gladiator rubicon shocks are not the 2.0 IFPs. They are branded as fox, but thats about the end of the similarities.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Title pretty much says it all. Can I get Jeep Rubicon take-off shocks from pretty much anything and they are the same, or is there a difference between a Wrangler shock and a Gladiator? Thanks all.
Front shocks are the same. Rear shocks won’t work between them.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
International Banker
The Gladiator rubicon shocks are not the 2.0 IFPs. They are branded as fox, but thats about the end of the similarities.
Rubi window sticker is misleading then. It specifically says Fox 2.0 performance shocks.
Sponsored