Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I've seen a couple of both

Mavericks and Santa Cruz makes me think of totally different things than trucks though :CWL: 🏄‍♂️
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I've seen a couple of both

Mavericks and Santa Cruz makes me think of totally different things than trucks though :CWL: 🏄‍♂️
I think the maverick is a good looking truck. I know it's unibody, but it to me is what a ranger should be. Reminds me of the 90s to early 2000s Rangers in size and capability. I don't care for the Santa Cruz.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have seen a few more Full Size Broncos around here lately. Most seem to be family vehicles. I have seen quite a number of new Gladiators around here lately. Wonder if the dealerships have finally getting some in or orders are coming in. We saw a Mom in a Bronco at the HEB the other day. My wife was like dang that is a big Vehicle. I kept thinking dang that lady and her kids must have some time getting into it.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I think the maverick is a good looking truck. I know it's unibody, but it to me is what a ranger should be. Reminds me of the 90s to early 2000s Rangers in size and capability. I don't care for the Santa Cruz.
I really like the Maverick too, looks, size, price point, economy, the list goes on

I have half a mind to buy one as a commuter and go ham on the Gladiator but I think i'm going to make the poor decision of buying another Fox body :tumbleweed:

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Amherst NH area here. I see Broncos pretty much daily. I am a car guy so pretty much like and appreciate vehicle's for what they are. I have to say I like the looks of the bronco. When I picked up My new Gladiator a couple weeks ago there was one in the showroom I was able to take a look at. Was 20K lower in price than the Gladiator and other than a G-series, I thought it made a good alternative to a Jeep without going soccer mom suv look.

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg
I can’t believe anyone thought that hanging a winch that far out front was In any way acceptable

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I see plenty of Broncos here in Tampa Bay.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Had a Ford Maverick driving next to me this morning and then 10 minutes later passed a Hummer EV. It was going the opposite direction but it appeared a little smaller than I would have thought.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Saw my first Maverick yesterday as one of the houses in my Neighborhood must have purchased one. I think it's a nice looking truck. From the looks it probably fits the bill of what a lot of people need from a truck. He got rid of his big F150 and is now driving the Maverick

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I heavily considered buying one, and likely wouldn’t have regretted it. My largest issue though upon seeing it, is off-road capability. I drive a long unmaintained logging road with huge buried boulders sticking out begging to wreck something. You don’t need anything crazy, but a 4wd full size at a minimum, even stock. As it sits the maverick would need a lift and bigger tires to stand a chance.

Now- the new Nissan Frontier pickup was my next choice. That’s a solid looking truck in the Pro 4x package.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
After SO many years of R&D and waiting, waiting, waiting, the Nissan Frontier should have been an immediate hit and should have raised the bar across the board on all mid-sized trucks. Seems to be another "ho-hum" design with average engineering and already bordering on being dated.

2022 Nissan Frontier Pros and Cons Review: An Old Truck in New Clothes (motortrend.com)
I saw a new Frontier the other day and was surprised it looked halfway decent. But for the past 10-15 years Nissan has been a "why bother" option.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of the Maverick. Front end is weird to me. Seen a handful.

The Santa Cruz? Hell ya, I'd drive that. Even if it is horrible as a car and horrible as a "truck." A DD w/ runs to Lowe's and Costco? Yup.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I saw a new Frontier the other day and was surprised it looked halfway decent. But for the past 10-15 years Nissan has been a "why bother" option.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of the Maverick. Front end is weird to me. Seen a handful.

The Santa Cruz? Hell ya, I'd drive that. Even if it is horrible as a car and horrible as a "truck." A DD w/ runs to Lowe's and Costco? Yup.
I was looking forward to the newly designed Frontier that was teased years before it was actually released in the U.S. After a while, I just lost interest. I agree though that it looks alright.

Haven't seen a Santa Cruz yet as I live in a rural area. Saw my first Maverick last Saturday. Wasn't impressed. Looks way, way too cheap to me (probably because it is). I couldn't own one.
Sponsored