Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Never mind the BRZ.

Let’s talk about what you do for a living so I can get smart and not have to worry about budget like I do at present. Thats a nice list of options sir.
Haha Kurt I’m just an old divorced guy with no one to spend money on but myself mostly. I have a son who also loves cars. We’ve been at it for a while and between the two of us have scored some pretty neat stuff over the years, some of which we still have. I’m a physical therapist, and so is my son.
And thanks for your service sir! I enjoy your posts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Haha Kurt I’m just an old divorced guy with no one to spend money on but myself mostly. I have a son who also loves cars. We’ve been at it for a while and between the two of us have scored some pretty neat stuff over the years, some of which we still have. I’m a physical therapist, and so is my son.
And thanks for your service sir! I enjoy your posts.
Thats cool brother. Keep doing it.

I admit i find the lightness of ghe brz incredibly compelling. Its a magical chassis in search of a worthy motor and trans

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I think the f80 m3 and 340i are decent cars. The only weakness to the s55 is the crank spinning.
Here's a fix for that. Made by my friends company I worked at as the lead technician/shop foreman.

https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-s55-n55-crank-bolt-capture/

I worked on so many F80 M3/M4`s I could probably swap the turbos out in a couple of hours.
335i N54/N55 in about 1.5 hours swapped.

My personal car is a 335i that made 725whp 8 years ago.

Also.

I daily drive it on 585WHP.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
There was a bit of work involves, but after that it has been a tremendous track car. Coil overs brought it to life. Race weight with supercharger is 36xx. I sold my hot rods an bought this as many years after, my stint at Roush, for finally put some of my rear independent suspension designs into production. Just a base model performance pack
256A7223.jpg
Been meaning to ask you...hows the gearbox holding up to the whipple?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Been meaning to ask you...hows the gearbox holding up to the whipple?
Pretty decent. Everyone is down on the MT82, but I actually enjoy it. With new shifter hardware and a clutch, it has never treated me bad. I change the fluid with BG stuff every season. I looked at tremecs but I am gonna keep going with this for now. I love the gear splits with my power pack. Not to brag but I am pretty good at rev matching😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Pretty decent. Everyone is down on the MT82, but I actually enjoy it. With new shifter hardware and a clutch, it has never treated me bad. I change the fluid with BG stuff every season. I looked at tremecs but I am gonna keep going with this for now. I love the gear splits with my power pack. Not to brag but I am pretty good at rev matching😁
yeah there is a cherry of a used bullitt near me as well as a mach 1 at a dealer with no mark up.

im leaning towards the bullitt since its way cheaper, and the mach 1 suspension and aero are available from the ford performance parts Counter

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have Stance X3 coil overs from a shop up near Chicago. With a host of other upgrades here and there. With coil overs the car really became amazing. Adjusting them and setting them was a pain in the arse. But once finished man!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That the new M4 competition is ~4,000lb. That is inexcusable for a M car.

“The M4C is our halo car.”
“We have an answer to the 911. It’s the M4C”

These are things that have left the mouth of M division senior brass. I knew when M hired the former head of Quattro, 2 things would happen 1- bmw would get better awd systems. 2- the cars would get heavier. Both have happened. The M2 has (so far) kept the weight down (ish 3400-3500ish) but has failed to deliver on track.

There is a reason a base 911s can beat a ZL1 in a drag race: weight.

E36/46 weight: ~3200lb
E92/F80 weight: ~3500-3600lb
New M4: ~3900-4000lb

If I was the head of BMW, I would haul M division head into my office. “So let me get this straight. The F82 M4C lost around the racetrack to the Mustang GT pp2, the Camaro SS 1LE, and the 911S. And you added 4-500lbs of weight? You’re fired.”

Its ridiculous. And im offended.

Back before we had kids, I had an 04 Subaru STi. My wife had a Miata.

My Subaru weighed 3300 #. It had a tune and a downpipes and made about 400 hp.

My wife's Miata weighed 2200 lbs and had about 140 hp.

Guess which one was more fun?

There was an entrance ramp near my home that was great fun. I could hit it, get the back end of the Subaru out, drive through the slide and hammer gears up onto the highway. At the merge, if I stayed in the throttle (which I never did) I'd have been going 130 mph. Great fun. But dangerous.

I could do exactly the same thing in the Miata and I'd be going 80 mph. Even more fun.

Its more fun to drive a low powered light car than it is to drive a heavy high powered car.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
This is off topic in pretty much every way, but this whole thread is at this point, so wotthahell.

I've had several sports cars over the years. I'm a bit engine guy, and that's pretty much the first (and often last) thing I look at. I love a straight six. Almost as much as a flat six. Which kinda comes up short against a rotary. Personal preference. I get chills just listening to one fire up.

I sold my BMW a few years ago, and have been in trucks in the interim. I've been casually trolling CL lately for a toy on the side, and while I know it's no secret, prices are INSANE on everything right now! I just saw an ad for a completely uninteresting 27 year old Miata for $6300. Nothing like single owner, or low miles, or freshly rebuilt stem to stern. Just a 27 year old Miata. You used to be able to pick those up for $1500 with a full tank of gas! So, no sport car for me until that whole mess settles down again...

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
This is off topic in pretty much every way, but this whole thread is at this point, so wotthahell.

I've had several sports cars over the years. I'm a bit engine guy, and that's pretty much the first (and often last) thing I look at. I love a straight six. Almost as much as a flat six. Which kinda comes up short against a rotary. Personal preference. I get chills just listening to one fire up.

I sold my BMW a few years ago, and have been in trucks in the interim. I've been casually trolling CL lately for a toy on the side, and while I know it's no secret, prices are INSANE on everything right now! I just saw an ad for a completely uninteresting 27 year old Miata for $6300. Nothing like single owner, or low miles, or freshly rebuilt stem to stern. Just a 27 year old Miata. You used to be able to pick those up for $1500 with a full tank of gas! So, no sport car for me until that whole mess settles down again...
we all share the disease. Symptom Vary. Mine are jeeps. I Iike em. Jeeps! :jk::movember::sun::tumbleweed::CWL::LOL::CWL::rock::rock::like::like:

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I agree the the manufacturers seem to have lost the understanding of mass vs. acceleration. It's why I got rid of my 2017 Challenger 392 after swapping a 426hp LS3 into my 1977 Trans Am that I had been restoring.

The Trans Am simply ended up being more fun to drive than the Challenger. Obviously it's missing some modern bells and whistles. The Trans Am weighs about 3300 lbs now with the swapped engine (it has upgraded axles & diff to handle the extra HP but not sure if that adds much weight.

The Challenger was 485HP at 4200lbs. Even the 2013 Camaro SS that my LS3 is actually based on is nearly 3900 lbs.
Jeep Gladiator As a sports car enthusiast, I am offended trans_am_chally.JPG
Jeep Gladiator As a sports car enthusiast, I am offended engine

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
I agree the the manufacturers seem to have lost the understanding of mass vs. acceleration. It's why I got rid of my 2017 Challenger 392 after swapping a 426hp LS3 into my 1977 Trans Am that I had been restoring.

The Trans Am simply ended up being more fun to drive than the Challenger. Obviously it's missing some modern bells and whistles. The Trans Am weighs about 3300 lbs now with the swapped engine (it has upgraded axles & diff to handle the extra HP but not sure if that adds much weight.

The Challenger was 485HP at 4200lbs. Even the 2013 Camaro SS that my LS3 is actually based on is nearly 3900 lbs.
BANDIT!!!

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction

It’s a hot hot mess. I been looking for an 89 conquest/station and those have become so hot a decent one is 9-12k. I’ll wait.
Sponsored