BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I hesitated on my Gladiator wanting to look at the Bronco, I had a 74 back in the day. When the dealer told me only 4 cylinder that helped me go ahead with my Gladiator.
Except that isn't true. The 2.7 ecoboost in a V6.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Design is very yawnful from Nissan as late, no real inovation and the whole PSA tie up seems to have done nothing for either.

But the Patrol us a fairly tough machine on par with landcruisers.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
For the hardcore Jeep driver, the Wrangler and Gladiator still have a lot of physical buttons and encoders on the dashboard... When you know your Jeep, you can fine tune your ride while keeping the eyes on the road... You don’t have to depend on a distracting touchscreen or automatic 4x4 functions...

Last edited:

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I hesitated on my Gladiator wanting to look at the Bronco, I had a 74 back in the day. When the dealer told me only 4 cylinder that helped me go ahead with my Gladiator.
There will be a 6cyl as well, and a twin turbo one at that. Unless you wanted a manual, then it is 2.3t only, which will perform at least as well as the V6 in the Gladiator

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Can the the boring AF GTR blind me? How about the HORRID Frontier and the terribly ugly Titan that looks like an F150s retarded brother?

Before I knew why their CEO was arrested I assumed it was because of his entire lineup.
Wow. You really have a lot of hatred for Nissan...

The Frontier is just ridiculously dated, it was a great truck when it first came out back in 2005 and its hardly been touched since. I think they are finally getting a new one for 2021, unless COVID pushed that back.

I had an '09 Frontier and a 2010 Xterra. I didn't have the 2009 long, I got a dog and replaced it with an Xterra rather than buy a camper shell for it because I hardly lost any money trading it in. Anyway, my 2010 Xterra was a damn good vehicle. For those that way not know, its the exact same thing as the Frontier but the SUV version. It was surprisingly capable, I wheeled it a lot in CO and sometimes got in way over my head on super sketch unmaintained spur roads and it always got me out and I never got it stuck or had any real body damage. They were built pretty HD since they were built on a shortened version of the previous Gen Titan platform. It had IFS, but the ABLS up front did an amazing job of still sending power to the other wheel that was still on the ground rather than just spinning the wheel in the air like most open diffs would. It towed and hauled very well and it was very maneuverable. I literally drove it several thousand miles off the pavement and it never had one hiccup or even a squeak or rattle. I traded it in on an S3 when I moved to NC, because I didn't need it anymore, but I never did anything to it in four years and 80k hard miles other than tires, front brakes, a battery, and oil/filter changes. It was flawless, I couldn't have asked for any more out of it. The 4.0l VQ had a lot more low end torque than our Pentastar as well...

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

Sponsored

jimwilliams01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sports S Gladiator
Occupation
Lab Manager
Yawn.
Looks European.
Always copycats.
Jeep buyers buy Jeeps because..."There's only one Jeep."

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Are we gonna constantly talk about every new vehicle another manufacturer produces? I mean..... its new. Its supposed to have all of the bells and whistles. I even had two broncos myself and i loved them.. Over the next ten years, Nissan, Toyota, Chevrolet, all will most likely come out with odorless and top less SUVs. So, big deal! Take your jeep out and still have fun. As far as a V8. It looks and sounds cool. It looks cool as hell wide open on the desert. But rockcrawling and offloading? Eh, don't need it. Not going that fast. Haha! Hell, I still see Suzuki samurai on the trail. Not to mention the Subarus and kias out at moab. I'll just keep enjoying my jeep

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Are we gonna constantly talk about every new vehicle another manufacturer produces? I mean..... its new. Its supposed to have all of the bells and whistles. I even had two broncos myself and i loved them.. Over the next ten years, Nissan, Toyota, Chevrolet, all will most likely come out with odorless and top less SUVs. So, big deal! Take your jeep out and still have fun. As far as a V8. It looks and sounds cool. It looks cool as hell wide open on the desert. But rockcrawling and offloading? Eh, don't need it. Not going that fast. Haha! Hell, I still see Suzuki samurai on the trail. Not to mention the Subarus and kias out at moab. I'll just keep enjoying my jeep
No, not every vehicle. But when a manufacturer comes out with something that is so obviously targeted at the same segment as our trucks, of course we will talk about it. I don’t see the issue with that.

Now, if we started a 20-page discussion on the new Kia Telluride, I would have a problem.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
No, not every vehicle. But when a manufacturer comes out with something that is so obviously targeted at the same segment as our trucks, of course we will talk about it. I don’t see the issue with that.

Now, if we started a 20-page discussion on the new Kia Telluride, I would have a problem.
Yes. You're right. Jeep owners are definitely giving it more attention than Ford owners.

And they're nothing wrong with a lengthy conversation about a kia. LOL. Or even the new escalade!
Sponsored