First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Honda Accord
Occupation
Retail Management
Thanks for all the awesome responses…y‘all are awesome!!!
Sponsored

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
I did the one at Ocotillo Wells last year. Loved it. Doing the same thing at the Rubicon trails Sept 15 this year

DukeJeep

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Toyota FJ
I highly recommend. Great for people new to rock climbing - whether you want to go often or not, it is great for learning your jeep’s capabilities. Add to that super nice people and a fun time, definitely worth it

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
It's expensive, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm signed up for Hollister Hills, on 2/23. It'll be a good time, but mostly I'm doing it for some additional experiance before I hope to do the Rubicon JAA in the fall.

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I went last year to the one just west of Austin. It was a good introduction do our jeeps’ capabilities. They provided food, instruction, and access to trails I wouldn’t have otherwise (private land). I think it was a good price, but even at $500, it’s not bad as they describe all of the relevant buttons and use scenarios.

Personally, I think I was a little over-experienced, but I still really enjoyed it and so did my wife who was a complete novice off-road driver. It also made the case for some new equipment.

Sponsored

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I went to the Uwharrie one in NC this year. Their focus is really showcasing what a stock Jeep can do. They don't even encourage airing down for that reason. In NC you get to work through private trails and an obstacle course that is used to train military for off road. That was pretty cool. $500 seems like a lot for what it is - a couple presentations, two trail rides, and lunch. If you are close to PA look up Off Road consulting. They have 101, 201 classes and guided trail rides at Rausch Creek and AOAA. Classes are around $200 and guided rides are $50. Great value for the quality of the experience.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I did the Phoenix (Wickenburg, actually) last year in March. LOTS of education and fun learning my Overland's capabilities. The staff are helpful, knowledgeable, attentive, and are good at gauging your abilities. I am somewhat of a beginner, so it was definitely worth it for me. Just search for 'Jeep Adventure Academy' on YouTube and plenty of videos show up. I've signed up for Moab next year. (Yes, I know - have to wait til November.)

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I did the one at Ocotillo Wells last year. Loved it. Doing the same thing at the Rubicon trails Sept 15 this year
I did Ocotillo Wells 2 years ago with a local Jeep club. Fun drive but 105 miles from home. Think we had 26 Jeeps out there with us that day.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Adventure Academy 2CE58016-286F-45A4-8330-09ABB1B1FEA4
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Adventure Academy 5F27A2D7-6D70-46E9-8A3E-858C77DFA3D0

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
I did the Phoenix (Wickenburg, actually) last year in March. LOTS of education and fun learning my Overland's capabilities. The staff are helpful, knowledgeable, attentive, and are good at gauging your abilities. I am somewhat of a beginner, so it was definitely worth it for me. Just search for 'Jeep Adventure Academy' on YouTube and plenty of videos show up. I've signed up for Moab next year. (Yes, I know - have to wait til November.)
If you're going on Saturday, then I will see you there!

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I was thinking of doing the one in North Carolina but want to wait to see what responses are first.
Went last year to Uwharrie and let me 19 year old drive for the day. We had a great time and the instruction was great for him as an off-road beginner. Plus it was someone else telling him what to do so he'd listen. :like:

Taking kid #2 this year.

Sponsored

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Went to Uhwharrie last year, signed up to do it again this year (it's a good chance to get up to NC and see some family). Enjoyed the hell out of it.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I was planning on doing the Austin one this year but the price increase might keep me out but will see.

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
It's expensive, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm signed up for Hollister Hills, on 2/23. It'll be a good time, but mostly I'm doing it for some additional experiance before I hope to do the Rubicon JAA in the fall.
I did the Hollister one last year it was a good time.

JsnJcksn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
+whatever number we are to for Adventure Academy! The price has gone up significantly, but my wife and I had a blast last year at the one in Killbuck, OH. Great people, met others on the way, and they even fed us some really good BBQ from a local vendor. I recommend it if your budget permits attending.

ParadiseMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does the course content vary between locations? The terrain is quite different in some of those locations, is it just doing the same basics applied in different venues? ie if you do Moab does it focus on desert technique that wouldn't be covered at Catskills?
Sponsored