Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
??? Pentastar turbo ???

my question is this ... back when the Gladiator launched, they made a comment about the “off-road+” feature allowing rear lockers in 4high. Yet on my rubi, lockers are only allowed in 4lo. On this Mojave, they say the rear lock 4high is a feature so ...

will we be able to update the system on the regular Rubicon to allow the same feature?

I'd like an answer to that myself as well
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
WOW! This may be the best special edition Jeep has ever made. Very nice.

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
This has been needed in the Jeep lineup for some time. Hopefully this is a permanent trim model and comes to the Wrangler as well. 2.72 tcase, rear locker and the reservoir shocks. There have been special edition Wranglers in the past that offered rear locker only, but they usually only ended up available for a year as an option.

This will succeed if it is slotted price wise below the Rubicon, which it should be. I never wanted the 4:1 case but I always wanted at least one locker. My only question is why has it taken this long to get this kind of a package on Jeeps!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This has been needed in the Jeep lineup for some time. Hopefully this is a permanent trim model and comes to the Wrangler as well. 2.72 tcase, rear locker and the reservoir shocks. There have been special edition Wranglers in the past that offered rear locker only, but they usually only ended up available for a year as an option.

This will succeed if it is slotted price wise below the Rubicon, which it should be. I never wanted the 4:1 case but I always wanted at least one locker. My only question is why has it taken this long to get this kind of a package on Jeeps!
From what I read in the article it sounds like it's actually going to come in above Rubicon pricing, which is sad.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
From what I read in the article it sounds like it's actually going to come in above Rubicon pricing, which is sad.
I'd bet it's similar to Rubicon. They're taking out the front locker and t-case of the Rubicon, and basically replacing it with some up front suspension goodies and possible reinforcements. Everything else is fairly minor changes that just offset what the Rubicon already has over base models (rock rails, wheels/tires, better hood, seat stitching, dash accents, etc).

So if you prefer your offroad environment more rocky and technical, get the Rubi. Faster rolling terrain, Mojave.

Sponsored

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
Think it'll be below Rubicon. This is a direct comptetitor to the TRD Pro Tacoma. It subtracts the Rubicon hi-fenders, rear tub skids, 4:1 case, front locker (and I'm guessing also the auto swaybar disconnect). Biggest addition over Rubicon is the reservoir shocks

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Think it'll be below Rubicon. This is a direct comptetitor to the TRD Pro Tacoma. It subtracts the Rubicon hi-fenders, rear tub skids, 4:1 case, front locker (and I'm guessing also the auto swaybar disconnect). Biggest addition over Rubicon is the reservoir shocks
Good point about the front sway bar disconnect, no mention of if the Mojave has that (personally don't think it does). It does look like it at least has the front high-line rubi fenders though, not sure if the back are too but would make sense if they were also.

teckademics67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR, KLTH, CJ, JTR
Where is everyone getting the idea there is no front locker?

8jung68.jpg

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Where is everyone getting the idea there is no front locker?

8jung68.jpg
The Rubicon (which as both front and rear) says "Front + Rear" where the Mojave just says "Axle Locker."

upload_2020-2-6_11-4-9.png

Well that and the article says standard rear locker. I'd think they'd make mention if it had a front, too.

Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
This had my interest as well. For an overlanding builds, something between the Sport S max and the Rubi is needed... this might just be it. I don't think we'll see this edition/trim in the diesel though due to the 4.10s :(

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
hmmm.. the image of the Mohave's locker button does show the drivetrain with a "lock" symbol on both the front and rear axles though... guessing it's just an oversight in the marketing materials though.

8jung68.jpg

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
hmmm.. the image of the Mohave's locker button does show the drivetrain with a "lock" symbol on both the front and rear axles though...
This is true!

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
The article also said rear locker...

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Can't wait for the heated Mojave vs Rubicon threads this trim will create!
Sponsored