Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I'll believe that if and when someone confirms it. FCA's press release says that the Mojave has "heavy-duty third-generation Dana 44 front and rear axles," which is the same thing as on all other JTs.
And besides, how do they increase axle tube thickness without using a different axle?
Sponsored

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
How do you like that Softopper?
I'm thinking about getting one for my Mojave.

I feel pretty sure. None of the articles that actually mention specific changes have suggested any lengthening of the wheel base, which would be extremely costly and unnecessary. They brought the tires out about a 1/3" to help accommodate the larger shocks. I did the same or more with $130 aftermarket wheels:

AQGzGod.jpg

admlGpE.jpg

bg0DCcK.jpg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
It looks to me like it will accommodate a Rubi bumper without changes:

2021-Jeep-Gladiator-Mojave-51.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Eh, that’s jalopnik... not saying they are wrong, but there’s a good chance they are.
I dunno. The writer was an engineer on the JL and JT. Although that skid plate is clearly different, both the design and how it's mounted, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I dunno. The writer was an engineer on the JL and JT. Although that skid plate is clearly different, both the design and how it's mounted, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
I say it in jest as a slight jab to jalopnik, not the article in itself. I’ve just read a lot of things from them where first-to-post and click bait titles held higher regard than actual content.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I did not know an option list for the Mojave was released yet. Can you point me to where you saw it please?
Ok, here you go. You can see the options here. The Rubicon steel bumper is not available on the Mojave. It probably will have the following issues: Bolts on the bottom of the bumper do not tie into the silver skid plate on the Mojave like they do on the Rubicon. The hooks are red instead of orange. The last item on the list is the steel bumper option.

Attachments

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Ok, here you go. You can see the options here. The Rubicon steel bumper is not available on the Mojave. It probably will have the following issues: Bolts on the bottom of the bumper do not tie into the silver skid plate on the Mojave like they do on the Rubicon. The hooks are red instead of orange.
Look at my picture above. The skid plate is mounted differently and is separate from the bumper. Looks like a Rubi bumper will fit. And the hooks are easily swapped, of course. Still bums me out it's not an option.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here you go. You can see the options here. The Rubicon steel bumper is not available on the Mojave. It probably will have the following issues: Bolts on the bottom of the bumper do not tie into the silver skid plate on the Mojave like they do on the Rubicon. The hooks are red instead of orange. The last item on the list is the steel bumper option.
Thanks for posting that. I'm sure Jeep is not offering the steel bumper as an option as they are trying to keep the front of the truck lighter for desert running. I'm wondering if the Rubicon steel bumper will actually fit and that it's skid plate would protect the shock reservoirs. In other words, the non options is just a weight thing.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for posting that. I'm sure Jeep is not offering the steel bumper as an option as they are trying to keep the front of the truck lighter for desert running. I'm wondering if the Rubicon steel bumper will actually fit and that it's skid plate would protect the shock reservoirs. In other words, the non options is just a weight thing.
I think you are right. Weight has to be light on the front end of a desert runner...., and the Rubicon steel bumper is designed to be bolted to the skid plate. This creates one strong piece on the front end.... If it is not bolted to the skid plate, it will still work, but, it is not how it was designed to work, so, therefore, Jeep will probably not offer it. Taking the hooks off the steel bumper is pretty easy, but, removing them from the plastic bumper is not that easy. So, to get the orange hooks today, you would have to swap them from your Mojave plastic bumper to the Rubicon steel bumper.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are right. Weight has to be light on the front end of a desert runner...., and the Rubicon steel bumper is designed to be bolted to the skid plate. This creates one strong piece on the front end.... If it is not bolted to the skid plate, it will still work, but, it is not how it was designed to work, so, therefore, Jeep will probably not offer it. Taking the hooks off the steel bumper is pretty easy, but, removing them from the plastic bumper is not that easy. So, to get the orange hooks today, you would have to swap them from your Mojave plastic bumper to the Rubicon steel bumper.
I'd just powder coat the steel hook orange.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Jeep states they did not include the Steel bumper or a winch plate due to weight. I trust the designers of the vehicle and although I want the steel bumper, and a winch I’m not adding it to my Mojave. Sounds like it would bottom out too hard otherwise.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Looks like you can use the Rubi bumper with the Mojave skid plate, since it's not mounted to the bumper.

Jeep states they did not include the Steel bumper or a winch plate due to weight. I trust the designers of the vehicle and although I want the steel bumper, and a winch I’m not adding it to my Mojave. Sounds like it would bottom out too hard otherwise.
It has an extra inch (?) of lift in the front compared to the Rubicon so it should be fine. Unless you're taking some serious jumps.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guys didn't read all 10 pages of this thread but did anyone see actual suspension travel numbers? I'm curious if this actually has more travel over the Rubicon.
Still no travel numbers ???????? For those of you interested in desert running, why are none of you interested in travel numbers?

My guess is that it's the same as a Rubicon but with better shocks.
Sponsored