Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Not a bad review of the statistics and it does a good job of pointing out what ~50% more power gets you. Costs are comparable, specs are comparable and the differences are all power based.

However I would t be buying the raptato because where i am it is basically a douchecanoo. They all own them.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Not a bad review of the statistics and it does a good job of pointing out what ~50% more power gets you. Costs are comparable, specs are comparable and the differences are all power based.

However I would t be buying the raptato because where i am it is basically a douchecanoo. They all own them.
Yeah, I see allot of them (Raptors) here on the pavement, but almost never on off-road trails. They are overpriced and more of a mall crawling status symbol than anything else, IMHO.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah, I see allot of them (Raptors) here on the pavement, but almost never on off-road trails. They are overpriced and more of a mall crawling status symbol than anything else, IMHO.
I mean the Rubicon is a status symbol for 95% of those who own them around here too. There's six (JLU that is) in my building's garage now, at least as many at my last place, every one of them on no less than 35's, and I've never once seen one of them dirty. I fully expect the Mojave to be exactly the same.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Taking the long view, the tjr, jkr/jkur, jlr/jlur & jtr are all very competent and capable vehicles right off the showroom. I once had the opportunity to ask a bright white hard rock owner why pay the premium on the premium model when its so clean I could swear you wax the axles.

Their response was the most honest and true answer I've ever heard for owning vanity vehicles; I've worked hard for years and gotten by with old cars the whole time, I want everyone to know I've got a new super bad machine. I asked about using it and they said nope, all that matters is I've got the special version of the special model.

I assume just like raptors and power wagons and rubicons, the mojaves are going to have a small and rabid dedicated user base who will seek and exploit it surrounded by a large cloud of owners who want to look like their weekends are such a chore what with having to chose between mountain biking, mountain climbing, surfing, wind surfing, sand surfing or just doing about 85 all the way to cabo for the best fishing tacos and primo bud.

Which is fine, those vehicles tend to be in the best shape used as opposed to us silverback grease monkeys who cant leave anything well enough alone.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I mean the Rubicon is a status symbol for 95% of those who own them around here too. There's six (JLU that is) in my building's garage now, at least as many at my last place, every one of them on no less than 35's, and I've never once seen one of them dirty. I fully expect the Mojave to be exactly the same.
Taking the long view, the tjr, jkr/jkur, jlr/jlur & jtr are all very competent and capable vehicles right off the showroom. I once had the opportunity to ask a bright white hard rock owner why pay the premium on the premium model when its so clean I could swear you wax the axles.

Their response was the most honest and true answer I've ever heard for owning vanity vehicles; I've worked hard for years and gotten by with old cars the whole time, I want everyone to know I've got a new super bad machine. I asked about using it and they said nope, all that matters is I've got the special version of the special model.
Agreed. I'll also admit to not minding driving around in a premium model Jeep, although the primary reason I bought a Rubicon and then did mods is so I can get off-road with capability to spare. If I had no intention of 4-wheeling, I'd probably be driving an F-150 or Ram, loaded of course!

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Agreed. I'll also admit to not minding driving around in a premium model Jeep, although the primary reason I bought a Rubicon and then did mods is so I can get off-road with capability to spare. If I had no intention of 4-wheeling, I'd probably be driving an F-150 or Ram, loaded of course!

If you're just here for the verdict, let us save you the scrolling: the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave is the best Gladiator, full stop. The end. You're welcome. If you'd like to know why, by all means, keep reading.

Forget the Rubicon. The Gladiator Mojave will do 90 percent of what the Rubicon will while the Rubicon won't do half of what the Mojave will. This is the Gladiator you want. You'll have more fun in more situations than any other model.

Straight from JP magazine and Caranddriver

The Mojave can off road as well.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Allegedly...

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Mojave vs. Ford Raptor Simon-Whistler

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
If you're just here for the verdict, let us save you the scrolling: the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave is the best Gladiator, full stop. The end. You're welcome. If you'd like to know why, by all means, keep reading.

Forget the Rubicon. The Gladiator Mojave will do 90 percent of what the Rubicon will while the Rubicon won't do half of what the Mojave will. This is the Gladiator you want. You'll have more fun in more situations than any other model.

Straight from JP magazine and Caranddriver

The Mojave can off road as well.
It's worth noting that the Rubicon has a 7K tow rating vs. Mojave's 6K.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Or 14.3% less tow capacity, and 50% locker-less, and 32.5% less gearing in the transfer case, and......

Different strokes for different folks. I doubt I'll ever see a Mojave running the lake trails an hour from me, where I've already been in two months of owning a JTR.

Likewise, driving 7 hrs to get to the Imperial sand dunes to drive like the other fools there is not something that I'd care to do again. I had my desert Ranger, it was fun, now I like Jeeps for doing Jeep things.

Hence 90%

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Or 14.3% less tow capacity, and 50% locker-less, and 32.5% less gearing in the transfer case, and......

Different strokes for different folks. I doubt I'll ever see a Mojave running the lake trails an hour from me, where I've already been in two months of owning a JTR.

Likewise, driving 7 hrs to get to the Imperial sand dunes to drive like the other fools there is not something that I'd care to do again. I had my desert Ranger, it was fun, now I like Jeeps for doing Jeep things.
Yes, but bigger more heavy duty knuckles. Higher lift, more flex without sway bar disconnect, can drive 50 mph in 4 lo over rocky trails. Shocks don't overheat. Read the article from the experts. That is just the beginning.
Sponsored