First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
Haven’t heard of anyone doing a blow through in years. Why the 8s under the seat if you’re putting subs in the bed?

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I wouldn't call it a ridiculous setup, but it does seem to be more than most Jeep guys are doing. The 8s seem a little counterproductive with having the 12s in the bed, my guess is under the seat you probably won't hear those things at all. Make sure to post pictures along the way.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Is the system for listening to music or is there some other purpose like sound competitions, if that is still a thing.

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I wouldn't call it a ridiculous setup, but it does seem to be more than most Jeep guys are doing. The 8s seem a little counterproductive with having the 12s in the bed, my guess is under the seat you probably won't hear those things at all. Make sure to post pictures along the way.
True, there are far larger systems out there without a doubt. My installers were telling me about a gladiator another shop did with (6) 12W7’s via blow through design. Damn!
I suppose better stated, this is the most ridiculous set up I’ve ever had, personally.

Yes sir on the pics. I’ve been bugging them for a few. Hopefully some soon.
The 8.8’s are not at all meant to act as subs. Rest assured they will be heard very much.
I’ve used several 8.8’s in past projects. From my experience, they have been fantastically crystal clear for mid range / musical notes as well as producing sound at a very clear and high volume. Definitely one of my favorite all around speakers over the years.
I have zero doubt with the expected performance of the 8.8’s.

My current set up which was recently removed for the new set up is the JL stealth type box housing (2) JL shallow mount 12’s.
Also removed was a DS18 sound bar with (4) 8’s and (4) tweeters. The sound bar screams with more-so musical notes, and as intended, not much bass. I asked the installers if they thought I should leave the (2) 12’s under the seat and they said no you won’t hear the bass from them with the (3) 12W6’s. Makes sense.
When I suggested the 8.8’s, they also agreed that the 8.8’s under the seat will be very much heard due to what we’ve slated their job to be in the overall system. They are not used as subs.
The Gladiator has a 6.5” Evo suspension kit so imagine with the doors off, with The truck running boards already sitting at upper leg height,...I am of the opinion that the 8.8’s will be heard very much so.

Will also have 3 separate knobs to adjust volume to each section: the subs, the new sound bar and the 8.8’s to dial in in perfectly for which ever type of music playing.

So that’s the plan anyways but you know how plans go sometimes lol.

I appreciate the feed back,

Jeremy

Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Is the system for listening to music or is there some other purpose like sound competitions, if that is still a thing.
No sir, not for competitions, I don’t have any interest in that. This system for nothing more than personal enjoyment, just to jam on any given day doing whatever really.

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Haven’t heard of anyone doing a blow through in years. Why the 8s under the seat if you’re putting subs in the bed?
Using the 8.8’s for musical notes, not subs. I’ve used them in the past on projects and they get the job done very, very well.

bmccants

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Soldier
True, there are far larger systems out there without a doubt. My installers were telling me about a gladiator another shop did with (6) 12W7’s via blow through design. Damn!
I suppose better stated, this is the most ridiculous set up I’ve ever had, personally.

Yes sir on the pics. I’ve been bugging them for a few. Hopefully some soon.
The 8.8’s are not at all meant to act as subs. Rest assured they will be heard very much.
I’ve used several 8.8’s in past projects. From my experience, they have been fantastically crystal clear for mid range / musical notes as well as producing sound at a very clear and high volume. Definitely one of my favorite all around speakers over the years.
I have zero doubt with the expected performance of the 8.8’s.

My current set up which was recently removed for the new set up is the JL stealth type box housing (2) JL shallow mount 12’s.
Also removed was a DS18 sound bar with (4) 8’s and (4) tweeters. The sound bar screams with more-so musical notes, and as intended, not much bass. I asked the installers if they thought I should leave the (2) 12’s under the seat and they said no you won’t hear the bass from them with the (3) 12W6’s. Makes sense.
When I suggested the 8.8’s, they also agreed that the 8.8’s under the seat will be very much heard due to what we’ve slated their job to be in the overall system. They are not used as subs.
The Gladiator has a 6.5” Evo suspension kit so imagine with the doors off, with The truck running boards already sitting at upper leg height,...I am of the opinion that the 8.8’s will be heard very much so.

Will also have 3 separate knobs to adjust volume to each section: the subs, the new sound bar and the 8.8’s to dial in in perfectly for which ever type of music playing.

So that’s the plan anyways but you know how plans go sometimes lol.

I appreciate the feed back,

Jeremy
crazy setup! I want to redesign my system also but taking it one upgrade at a time. I may interested in your old sound bar also.

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
crazy setup! I want to redesign my system also but taking it one upgrade at a time. I may interested in your old sound bar also.
Yes sir totally understandable. Same thing I did.
I had no issue with the DS sound bar, you could be doors off, top off and still hear the music very clear and very loud. Couldn't hear the shallow mount 12's in that situation but you definitely heard the sound bar.
Unfortunately I didn't have a choice but to change it so that all the other stuff being added, matched perfectly. Had to remove it for the overall project goal. Plus the installers (understandably so) don't want their work mixed with others. Don't blame them.

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
If it isn't Juvenile's Back That Azz Up then how can you tell your subs are really hitting?

(4 years selling high end home and car audio/video 20+ years ago and that is STILL my favorite hold my beer and watch this test track.)
Yes sir, always a favorite.
But with having a 28, 20, 17 and 12 year old, I am completely surrounded by modern beats. Let me tell you, some of these songs now-a-days hit incredibly HARD. Its nuts.

Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Hell yeah! I'm local to you... who is the builder?

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Wow! 🤯

Would you mind talking a little bit about your dash and sound bar speakers? No JL here?

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Wow! 🤯

Would you mind talking a little bit about your dash and sound bar speakers? No JL here?
No problem at all. Went with the Focal's in the front because I've had really great results with them on other projects when used for front speakers. After trying several 6.5" over the years, in my opinion, JL does not make a 6.5" speaker than can take what those do and still sound crystal clear at high volume over and over again.
However, JL's 7.7" all the way up to 13W7 speakers though, have worked great for me. No complaints.

I went with a different brand of 6.5" speakers for the sound bar as with having 4 of them up there, plus the (4) Super tweeters, plus the (4) 8.8's, plus the Focals up front, it wasn't necessary to spend the extra $2,600 for 2 more sets of Focals.
They recommended the Mmats set up and said that they would more than do the job for the sound bar sound coverage.
To date, I have no reason to doubt them.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
No problem at all. Went with the Focal's in the front because I've had really great results with them on other projects when used for front speakers. After trying several 6.5" over the years, in my opinion, JL does not make a 6.5" speaker than can take what those do and still sound crystal clear at high volume over and over again.
However, JL's 7.7" all the way up to 13W7 speakers though, have worked great for me. No complaints.

I went with a different brand of 6.5" speakers for the sound bar as with having 4 of them up there, plus the (4) Super tweeters, plus the (4) 8.8's, plus the Focals up front, it wasn't necessary to spend the extra $2,600 for 2 more sets of Focals.
They recommended the Mmats set up and said that they would more than do the job for the sound bar sound coverage.
To date, I have no reason to doubt them.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing some of the final pics.

I'm a big fan of the JL 8.8s. They rock!
Sponsored