Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Training available to sales team!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Went to a dealer today to look at a couple of JL’s and check out the difference between the 7” & 8.4” radios to help decide which I would order on the JT. Trying to decide if the 8.4” is worth the extra money since I’ll use the iPhone Maps with apple CarPlay but if the other features like off-road pages is worth it, I might go with the 8.4”. Salesman pointed to the 5” radio in the base Jeep on the floor and said “they all work exactly the same just different size screens”. Told them they’re definitely not the same. He said “yes they are”. I left and will be going elsewhere.
Looks like the swap up to 8.4 from 7 is plug and play if you decide to pick one up from someone who is upgrading to an aftermarket one.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Plu
Looks like the swap up to 8.4 from 7 is plug and play if you decide to pick one up from someone who is upgrading to an aftermarket one.
plug and play and a 200$ dealer system flash.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Went to a dealer today to look at a couple of JL’s and check out the difference between the 7” & 8.4” radios to help decide which I would order on the JT. Trying to decide if the 8.4” is worth the extra money since I’ll use the iPhone Maps with apple CarPlay but if the other features like off-road pages is worth it, I might go with the 8.4”. Salesman pointed to the 5” radio in the base Jeep on the floor and said “they all work exactly the same just different size screens”. Told them they’re definitely not the same. He said “yes they are”. I left and will be going elsewhere.
I did the same and they are not the same. Many different features and options. I’ll be going with the 8.4”

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I don't mind giving a uneducated salesman my cash as long as it is 6-8% under invoice.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
"You can lead a horse to water, but . . . .?" My long history of "trying" to have meaningful conversations, :LOL: :CWL: :LOL: :CWL:, with car salespersons, :no: - never has happened ! When I'd ask them about training or going to "such and such" a website or . . . they say things like "whose got the time or I've got so many vehicles I need to sell (models) that (again) don't have the time, can't remember all that shit - to many options . . . ." ! I used to be sympathetic, but after giving the advice and a few weeks later return and get "stuck" with the same person & attitude; well it is a bit frustrating ! Makes you wonder if this prevails in the Maintenance department as well ! ? A whole other topic I'm sure ! ? :lipssealed:
Yes we were talking about that earlier thread. What's up with people who do a bad job? my beef is with people who don't think. I'm like solve the problem and they are like ...blank stare.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I don't mind giving a uneducated salesman my cash as long as it is 6-8% under invoice.
I am learning to appreciate the mercenary in you, if I may say so in a friendly manner. Lol

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
The course really just goes over all the information we already know. It's a convertible truck, that is only part Wrangler but full truck. The one thing that it showed me that I haven't seen in a lot of places is the crawl control button. Instead of hill decent control, you have crawl control that you can change your speed up and down using the gear shift. So you can set the speed to 3 mph and focus on steering through obstacles. I am super excited, and I will update you with the ride and drive in a couple months!

Screenshot_20190317-093711.png

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
They work exactly the same way except they are different.

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
So what you're saying is that this "Sales Associate" has already received "Jeep Gladiator training"? :headbang:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
From my dealership:

"Jeep Gladiator training is now available to the Sales Associates; so it is definitely coming soon."
Well done statesman, well done . . . indeed; soon you say ? :please: make it so .

Last edited:

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2019Chevy ZR2 diesel
Please remember your cell phone is as good as the Cell towers distance to you. The 8.4 is satellite driven and gets a signal most everywhere.
I know we off road a lot in Colorado and depending on which side of the mountain you are on there may not be s signal.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Tomorrow is Spring, you know! :time:
YES ! and the 21st is the 1st FULL day of . . . but the 20th IS the best day of the year. . . #68 for me . . . yea . . . made it !
Gulp, ugh . . . hope I didn't just jinx myself . . . quick find me some plywood I can knock my head on several times, :headbang: .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Please remember your cell phone is as good as the Cell towers distance to you. The 8.4 is satellite driven and gets a signal most everywhere.
I know we off road a lot in Colorado and depending on which side of the mountain you are on there may not be s signal.
Which comment was this directed towards? Sounded like a cellphone navigation vs in dash navigation?
Sponsored