Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I didn't feel excited about much at the end. It appeared to me Mark, Jim and Scott had little enthusiasm. They all got a little excited talking about the upcoming EV though, and it sounds like it has potential. Most answers to questions were..."Yeah we talked about it. We might revisit that issue. Keep giving us your feedback." I don't know. I don't know what I expected, but again, pretty much a waste of time. Not sure how many viewers. I saw 123 at one point. Not much live audience.
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Unfortunately I missed the live meeting and didn’t get to post before hand but here is my question if @JeepBrandOfficial can pass it up the line;
Can you name any other convertible vehicle in the world that has full frame door windows?
I understand they have said “design logistics “ as a reason for having full frame doors before but the way I see it, they could have (at model update on the JL and Design of the JT) updated the body slightly to include the window seal in the a-pillar, freedom top/hard top edges and door surrounds on the soft tops. Possible a removable plastic B-pillar trim between the doors for those seals. At that point, taking off the hard top leaves the top of the vehicle truly open and popping off the door surrounds when you put the soft top down accomplishes the same.
look at the truck and imagine the bottom of the current widow opening being the same but the window frame staying were it is so to speak. This would give those who legally can’t or don’t want to drive doorless the ability to go top down like any other convertible in the world without window frames sticking up like a Mohawk haircut. If they say window wont seal properly, I say BS. My challenger had half doors and good window seals due to a little trick they did where when you open the door, the window dropped an 1/8” and when you closed it, it slid back up into the window track. This same feature on the JL/JT would fix the issue. This would also allow the mirror to stay on the door and only require aftermarket solutions for Those that wish to remove the Half-doors on road (no mirror needed on trails/off-road).

just my imaginative thoughts.

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Thanks for the round table today. Nice to have information so I can share with customers. If you ever need a mule to drive a mule, I would enjoy or work very hard and be very happy to offer my services. Seems like more fun than work. Hope to see everyone in Moab in at Jeep Jamboree in October. -i live, i ride, i am Jeep.

floydian8834

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Unfortunately I missed the live meeting and didn’t get to post before hand but here is my question if @JeepBrandOfficial can pass it up the line;
Can you name any other convertible vehicle in the world that has full frame door windows?
I understand they have said “design logistics “ as a reason for having full frame doors before but the way I see it, they could have (at model update on the JL and Design of the JT) updated the body slightly to include the window seal in the a-pillar, freedom top/hard top edges and door surrounds on the soft tops. Possible a removable plastic B-pillar trim between the doors for those seals. At that point, taking off the hard top leaves the top of the vehicle truly open and popping off the door surrounds when you put the soft top down accomplishes the same.
look at the truck and imagine the bottom of the current widow opening being the same but the window frame staying were it is so to speak. This would give those who legally can’t or don’t want to drive doorless the ability to go top down like any other convertible in the world without window frames sticking up like a Mohawk haircut. If they say window wont seal properly, I say BS. My challenger had half doors and good window seals due to a little trick they did where when you open the door, the window dropped an 1/8” and when you closed it, it slid back up into the window track. This same feature on the JL/JT would fix the issue. This would also allow the mirror to stay on the door and only require aftermarket solutions for Those that wish to remove the Half-doors on road (no mirror needed on trails/off-road).

This

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Is there a summary or is this video hosted anywhere else? The media player either gives me errors or I can only watch less than a minute of it before it gets into an endless buffer. I can watch Netflix, Hulu, 4k Youtube videos just fine with 0 issues, but this video wont load. I've tried different browsers, clearing cache, etc. I just can't watch this video

Last edited:

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
If you guys really care about your customers, you will send me a good steering box.
Unless the rumor is true, that you guys dont care about the problem until a certain number of people die from accidents caused by it.
I was provided a new box a few months back under warranty. Things definitely tightened up, but I've put a couple thousand miles on it and it's right back to where it was. Seems like a tolerance issue that...wait wrong forum :LOL:

I was locked in with work and couldn't make it, but it sounds like I didn't miss much...?

bmxcrx

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger 392, 2004 TJ Rubi
Anyone else want a Gladiator less after that round table? lol

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else want a Gladiator less after that round table? lol
I really appreciate the attempt but found it poorly exicuted.

I was really excited and looking forward to it.
I hope they learn from this one and just keep improving it going forward.

A list of at least the top 10 questions should have been addressed.

Give us more info. Open up honest communication. Good or bad. We're all adults.

Spill some beans and get us excited. Not everyone is looking for a deiesel or electric Jeep. After all we all just purchased a gas version.

Thanks again for the effort. Keep it going and just keep listening to your core supporters who pay all your saleries. The consumer.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Sounds like you should apply for a patent! Get some junk yard doors and start modifying!

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Sounds like you should apply for a patent! Get some junk yard doors and start modifying!
I actually considered doing that in a way. Standing in the garage smoking (don’t smoke in the house) looking at the truck I pondered how hard it would be to get a set of doors, remove the glass, chop the frames off the top and weld the top edge closed to make a set of half doors for myself that would still have the power locks and mirrors.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I actually considered doing that in a way. Standing in the garage smoking (don’t smoke in the house) looking at the truck I pondered how hard it would be to get a set of doors, remove the glass, chop the frames off the top and weld the top edge closed to make a set of half doors for myself that would still have the power locks and mirrors.
Lol...I've thought the same thing; can't be that hard...:LOL: