Sponsored

You ever have a stranger compliment your Jeep?

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
typically getting gas or in a grocery store (especially in small towns out in the country) is where I get most of the "locals' coming up and asking what this new "jeep" is. Most talk about how it looks like an old scrambler throwback and if I built it or bought it etc.
Only owned it a couple months, but many more people ask me about this one then they did on my highly modified 2010 JKUR that I had. I got no problem talking to people about it. Its fun to educate people on something they don't see very often or have a lot of information on the Gladiators.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and a few unsolicited slight negative opinions. More pros then cons.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
What a coincidence... this weekend I come out of a mall to my Jeep in the parking lot, and find this stuffed in my driver door handle. Cute. At first I didn’t want to touch it. I didn’t know what it was.

Jeep Gladiator You ever have a stranger compliment your Jeep? DCC189D2-0F28-4CB9-9E39-7FFEA79069C5

Disclaimer: I don’t have a Gladiator yet. It was on my JK. It’s on 37s with half doors and safari rack.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Yes, and have had a couple friends say they are living vicariously through me. :)

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Getting complimented on your Jeep comes with the territory.

certainly so on a Ural. Even a term for it, UDF, ural delay factor. Neat to see a couple other ural owners I here. I used to have one myself.
Thankfully the Jeep delays aren't as long as the typical UDF...I came to dread the fuel stops during my summer explorations on the Ural.
Jeep Gladiator You ever have a stranger compliment your Jeep? 4850517968_cd9eeb0fd1_o

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
All the time, questions, photos or just people staring as I drive past. :like:

DaioRider

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
My doctor asked me "... I saw your new car, what do I call that, a Jeep?" 😆🤦‍♂️

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Even though I drive a pretty much stock JTR, I do get a lot of attention out here in Virginia Beach. Gas stations, stop lights grocery stores, on the beach, on trails and at work. I have a touch over 10,000 miles on her and I still have a child like grin ony face when I'm driving.

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Well, today, I stopped at a check point and this girl goes on about my Jeep. I was not shy about bragging on my build.
I have a mere stock Overland, and I still get compliments from random strangers.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
My most recent memorable one was from Christmas Eve day. I was visiting my father and 2 doors down an older neighbor (man, early 70s) was coming out for his morning walk. I had just pulled up in my Dad's driveway and my boys were getting out.

Keep in mind there's a Bentley Bentayga (SUV) in his garage (it's a nice neighborhood). The man stops behind the Gladiator and puts his hands on his face Home Alone style and says, "oh my, what a wonderful vehicle!" I said the usual thank you and stepped toward him as if he had more questions. He said "what is it?" Jeep Gladiator. "so it's a truck and a Jeep?" Yep, and I can take the top off like a convertible. We love it. "what a magnificent vehicle!" (does Home Alone again). Ha, thanks.

JackDawes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sport, 2012 Patriot, 2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1994 Suzuki Carry
Occupation
Retired Military
Well, today, I stopped at a check point and this girl goes on about my Jeep. I was not shy about bragging on my build.

Pulled vid due to privacy concerns.
Yes, just happened at the gas station. People love the Mojave.

Bellboy04

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technician

Pulled vid due to privacy concerns.

Bellboy04

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technician
I have had more people compliment my Gladiator then all of my other vehicles combined. Literally had a guy pull up beside me and give me thumbs up for the entire red light...lol...

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Funny story about Santa:

I've owned the Jeep for 3 days. We took a family trip to a drive-thru Christmas light charity thing down in Lewes DE. Of course I had to pop it in 4Low and crawl through it, why not. At the end of it was Mr. and Mrs. Clause to greet us. Now, I have 2 young girls in the back seat, windows down, right....Instead of saying hi to my kids, the first thing out of Santa's mouth was, "WOW that is a beautiful truck, I need to get me one of those! What color is that called?" (Hydro Blue) "Just gorgeous, I love that color". So yeah....That made my Christmas...I got a compliment from Santa 3 days after owning it. The kids thought that was so funny that Santa loved our new truck.
Sponsored