Sponsored

You ever have a stranger compliment your Jeep?

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Just last week a guy walking by the house said “That’s the coolest Hummer I’ve ever seen”. I took it as a complement and thanked him anyway (though I wanted to say “it’s a Jeep, dude. If I had wanted a Hummer I woulda bought your sister!”)😜
Sponsored

HectoRome

First Name
Hecto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S | 2007 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, Before the lift I was told it was weird looking or just plain ugly.
After the lift they're all positive, how great it looks, aggressive or 'Muscular' looking truck.

One of the few vehicles out there that once it's lifted with new shoes completely transforms the look of the vehicle . . .

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Most polarizing vehicle I have ever owned. Previous truck was an ‘18 Tundra Crewmax (6” lift, all the goodies). I get way more comments (both negative and positive) on my JT. People love/hate the color (Gator) and love/hate the truck in general.
For some reason, nobody has a problem telling me their opinion regarding this truck. I have heard “cute truck” twice. For comparison-one truck had a sweet body lift on 22’s *please read with extreme sarcasm
My baseline is I have owned 5 trucks (all built) prior to owning this JT, and I can honestly say the JT is the most capable off-road vehicle I have ever owned, and by far the most “fun”.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I just bought my Mojave about 6 weeks ago. I took a bedload of cardboard to the local recylcing center and had three different people compliment the Jeep. For the life of me I coudn't remember the color at the time. (2 of them asked.) No one offered to help me unload the darn thing though. Go figure. Maybe it's because they were all my age, and I'm old. lol.

I guess I should add my previous vehicle was a 2017 Ram Sport edition in 'Sublime' green. I was constantly getting compliments from Drive Through clerks, Bikers, and just strangers in general. Usually things like 'Thats my favorite color, I love your truck, 'If your wife wasn't sitting in the truck, I'd be in the passenger seat right now.' (Really?) I was standing outside pumping gas so my wife coudn't hear that. Here's a pic of that truck. I traded in a Sahara Unlimted for it, as I needed horse power to haul a 29 foot RV around the mountains of West VA. (The truck had 395 HP out of the box, and a tow package) Every day after I traded in the Sahara, I missed my Jeep. I fell in love with the Gladiator the first time I saw one on a Dealer lot. It may be odd looking, but it's MY type of odd.

IMG_20170612_141702-EFFECTS.jpg

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Early buyers like myself were inundated for months on a almost daily basis by the public at large stopping and asking about it or just getting tons of random thumbs up from people on the highway. Even so called "Jeep Guys" coming up pig ignorant ask me if it was a concept vehicle.

Got more compliments in the first 6 months on my Gladiator than any other vehicle purchase I have had in the last 30 years.

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
All the time. I don't like when they almost run into me when trying to take a pic of my Mojave while they are driving.

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Quite frequently, people ask me about my Jeep. This truck gets more attention than any other car I've owned.

GladiatorNate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Video Producer
I had a girl compliment me on the Jeep and tell me it was her "dream car", so that was cool.

Another time, a guy next to me at a red light started asking me questions about the truck, and said he was going to use his signing bonus from the Navy on a Gladiator after he got out of basic training.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
yeah, I am 61 and a few of the women were about my age and just about hopped in ready to go! lol
id bounce a couger for fun. Why not.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Just last week a guy walking by the house said “That’s the coolest Hummer I’ve ever seen”. I took it as a complement and thanked him anyway (though I wanted to say “it’s a Jeep, dude. If I had wanted a Hummer I woulda bought your sister!”)😜
A buddy of mine always thought that American general should have capitalized on that..

"H2... Because every man deserves a good hummer...".

Well, maybe not but it would certainly have had people talking.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Should I not get my wife a mildly built gladiator?

Vestigo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ, 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Yeah, people just love the JT. It's quirky looks and impeccable jeep heritage just draws people to it.
I get comments all the time. My wife hates it.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
Thankfully the Jeep delays aren't as long as the typical UDF...I came to dread the fuel stops during my summer explorations on the Ural.
Jeep Gladiator You ever have a stranger compliment your Jeep? IMG_20170612_141702-EFFECTS
We spent 6 years with a Ural - awesome back-road machine! Then we sold it and got a Honda Goldwing with a sidecar - an even MORE awesome machine for long rides!
Sponsored