Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Use of "force" and "deadly force" are two entirely different things.
You couldn't be anymore wrong... use of force is nothing more than whatever force necessary to neutralize the threat. Up to and including lethal force.

Seriously... go read the law I posted... it's really quite clear.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
A raspbery pi can be used to build a device that will grab the code from you key fob. The device will use more power than your car and be able to essentially mimic your car from outside and wait for your key to "respond". Can be done in less than a min. Its a relay attack. Very popular way to steal cars in europe but seems to be gaining more traction here.

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Sure thing. Now go back and read TPC 9.42
I've read 9.42 along with 9.41 and 9.43. If you do the same you'll find in order to qualify under 9.42 you must meet the requirements of the other two. Even though Texas is the only state with a 9.42 statute out of 50 you still must be very careful how you conduct your self or you could face 99 years in prison. Even if you do everything right you still have to deal with a couple of nightmare years until the case is settled. Your choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
NA
A raspbery pi can be used to build a device that will grab the code from you key fob. The device will use more power than your car and be able to essentially mimic your car from outside and wait for your key to "respond". Can be done in less than a min. Its a relay attack. Very popular way to steal cars in europe but seems to be gaining more traction here.
yes a MIM attack. I’d like to know how the encryption key is cycled if a key fob continues to authenticate outside the radius of the car.
Is there a set limit of keys that are rotated back to 0 if there is an issue (on both sides).

maybe I’ll fire up VM if I have time.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I thought the JL/JT had alarms that go off if you open the hood without having the key nearby

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I thought the JL/JT had alarms that go off if you open the hood without having the key nearby
There are sensors which detect the hood opening, but they don’t actually trigger the Jeep’s alarm. Yes, it seems like that would have been a no-brainer, but...

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
The Joe Horn story is an interesting read. His neighbor asked him to keep an eye on his house while he was out of town. Joe saw a couple of illegals pulling stuff from his neighbors window. The 911 dispatcher told him to stay where he was and wait for the police. Joe went across the street with his shot gun and after a confrontation killed them both. No charges. The 911 recording is priceless.

https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638&page=1

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The Joe Horn story is an interesting read. His neighbor asked him to keep an eye on his house while he was out of town. Joe saw a couple of illegals pulling stuff from his neighbors window. The 911 dispatcher told him to stay where he was and wait for the police. Joe went across the street with his shot gun and after a confrontation killed them both. No charges. The 911 recording is priceless.

https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638&page=1

Texas is different. Not saying that’s good or bad, but you can’t make a decision for what would happen in other states based on that.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Texas is different. Not saying that’s good or bad, but you can’t make a decision for what would happen in other states based on that.
I've carried in about a dozen states and I always read up on the laws before I leave Texas.

The biggies are:
1. Use of force requirements
2. Legal notification of gun prohibition
3. Where you can and cannot carry
4. Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
That Jeep was stolen by professional thieves. The reality is professional thieves can steal any vehicle they want at any time they want in any place they want. There's nothing you can do to prevent it. They are well-funded, well-connected, well-tooled and well-armed. Although, you're not going to ever face professional car thieves so there's no point in debating whether or not it's legal to shoot them. No matter what anti-theft technology manufacturers develop, the pros will have the ability to get past it.

All the anti-theft technology in modern vehicles is there to thwart non-professional thieves and joy-riders. And at this it works pretty well.