Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Unbelievable, We Like No American Vehicles Consumer Reports will not accept this data.
I've heard that a lot over the years. I was a subscriber to CR magazine for decades. People who accuse them of anti-domestic car bias aren't aware most of their reviews are based on owner experience. All the reliability data comes from people who actually own the cars. I used to get the CU auto survey every year. So, are the owners of the cars biased against their own cars?

Lincoln has always had lower reliability than Ford. Lincolns have all kinds of "gingerbread" options that tend to be troublesome and break. Same with Mercedes. They're not the bullet-proof cars they used to be. The Mercedes onboard computers are extremely complex and they drive many owners bonkers. Chrysler makes cars and minivans and the quality there has always been troublesome. Jeeps have become more complex over the years, but they don't have automatic, sliding doors or onboard video entertainment systems. Those are troublesome features.
Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
What the heck is Genesis?? I've never heard of them.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I would hope that after building the same cars for a decade you'd be able to get the assembly process down. Newest designs in the Dodge line-up were launched in 2011.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Genesis is the high-end brand for Hyundai as Lexus is to Toyota, Acura to Honda and Infiniti to Nissan.
And dare I say better than all of them.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Hmm okay, Ive heard of all others but don't recall seeing advertisements for Genesis.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh by the way my post was in jest, I really don't know about Tesla's vehicles and don't care if it doesn't have solid axles I really don't have any interest in it. I was just stirring the pot of $### up:CWL: I got away from cars knowing that I would have a "lead foot" and go fast. When I lived in Europe I got to drive a fast and know that I would still here. Over all most modern vehicles are good, compared to vehicles made when I started driving what is being made now are great. We are just so use to having "our cake and eating it too" now. People are now to damn busy with other things instead of driving (controlling and paying attention to what is going on) to many distraction's in modern vehicles and in general. Heck I was on the list to get a Bollinger vehicle (a basic vehicle no frills with heat, air and radio) then after all the b.s. waiting on it, I gave up on it. As close as I was to getting a non-Jeep vehicle. Now when Jeep gets a E.V. with solid axles that can go 250 + miles on electric I might be getting another new one...,... After about a year or so of production.

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I have never been that worried about initial quality, as long as they have decent support. I want to know how the hold up 1yr, 5yr, 10 yrs from now. CAn I afford to keep it on the road. We aught to be able to get any new vehicle off the lot. I do agree their initial quality should be better than it is though.
And will it have enough quality/value left when I go to trade it in. I want to get a decent amount back. Jeeps are historically good about that.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have never been that worried about initial quality, as long as they have decent support. I want to know how the hold up 1yr, 5yr, 10 yrs from now. CAn I afford to keep it on the road. We aught to be able to get any new vehicle off the lot. I do agree their initial quality should be better than it is though.
And will it have enough quality/value left when I go to trade it in. I want to get a decent amount back. Jeeps are historically good about that.
Wonder no more: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-us-vehicle-dependability-study

1B25C21D-E8CC-4890-988B-05ACA7A012F8.jpeg

CDJ + Fiat place in BOTTOM 8.

Ram is 14th (from the bottom). Here’s hoping the designs borrowed from the Ram 1500 will help the JT, although it’s a pretty low ceiling.

alabamadam

First Name
Adam J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Emphasis on "initial". I got one of those surveys. I love my Gladiator, but it was still *very* new at the time I completed the survey.

I suppose it was the same situation for the other vehicles.
Yeah, IQS (Initial Quality Survey) = first three months in service.
Sponsored

Last edited: