JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I’ve already opened a case and the lady I’ve been dealing with hasn’t helped
Very sorry to hear that! We can look into your case further if you'd like, just send your case number in a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Interesting how differently things are done in my area regarding oil changes etc. Both the dealer down the street from my office and the dealer I bought my latest Jeep from will NOT schedule oil changes. Drive up, get in line for "Express" service, then wait. It's no Quickie Lube, but they do a good job of moving things along. Last change at the dealer I purchased from, part of their "lifetime oil & lube" program, I was told it would be a 90 minute wait. 86 minutes later, the service person dropped my Jeep at the curb right in front of me.

Based on a small sample set, this service model works, I would think FCA corporate could enforce that on service departments.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Does anyone have any experience with the national center for dispute settlement?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have any experience with the national center for dispute settlement?
I have. They were used as a arbitration for a problem I had with a Toyota. Won the case but only because I had my ducks in a row and a orgy of evidence to back my claim.

Word of advice is what ever arbitrator is assigned to you, if not provided, ask for their bio/resume. Many arbitrators are retired or former white collar vehicle manufacturer employees. You do not want one that use to work for FCA and can request another arbitrator. One would think they would self exclude for conflict of interest reason but they do not.

Also, if your issue is way complicated, you can still have a lawyer present during arbitration but it will not change the outcome of the arbitrators decision rendering.

Lastly, I would say they are probably 55% biased towards the corporate side of any case and that is mainly how clear and concise you can lay out your case. If you are one that is not well versed to semi-public group speaking and stick to the facts of a situation without bringing ancillary issues that are really not related, then you for certain will want a lawyer that is versed to make your case for you. The corporate side goons do it every day so you are at a disadvantage there somewhat.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I have. They were used as a arbitration for a problem I had with a Toyota. Won the case but only because I had my ducks in a row and a orgy of evidence to back my claim.

Word of advice is what ever arbitrator is assigned to you, if not provided, ask for their bio/resume. Many arbitrators are retired or former white collar vehicle manufacturer employees. You do not want one that use to work for FCA and can request another arbitrator. One would think they would self exclude for conflict of interest reason but they do not.

Also, if your issue is way complicated, you can still have a lawyer present during arbitration but it will not change the outcome of the arbitrators decision rendering.

Lastly, I would say they are probably 55% biased towards the corporate side of any case and that is mainly how clear and concise you can lay out your case. If you are one that is not well versed to semi-public group speaking and stick to the facts of a situation without bringing ancillary issues that are really not related, then you for certain will want a lawyer that is versed to make your case for you. The corporate side goons do it every day so you are at a disadvantage there somewhat.
I was worried they would be biased towards corporate. I got scared and withdrew my case and decided to let the dealer keep working on it. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. I’m honestly afraid of the legal stuff.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Sounds like connector XY230A pinout found here http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm and layout found here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/CAN-C-BUS-LAYOUT.pdf, it's behind the passenger front wheel inner liner. All the pins should look good on the female and male end.
Do you think it’s possible for it to have came loose and caused and issue? Dealers said they have gone through all the harness and inspected them and put back together. They said truck has been running fine for the last few days. They think it could have came loose and when they inspected it and tightened everything down it fixed it

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Do you think it’s possible for it to have came loose and caused and issue? Dealers said they have gone through all the harness and inspected them and put back together. They said truck has been running fine for the last few days. They think it could have came loose and when they inspected it and tightened everything down it fixed it
Yes, that is possible. As an example here's the connector with a pushed out pin https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10183033-9999.pdf I don't want to stress you out more than you probably already are but I recommend being careful until you feel comfortable that the truck is working as expected. Unlikely but It can be jarring and dangerous if the truck's electrical system shuts down mid drive.

Sponsored

Josephus

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTDR for Dad. 03' TJ daughter. 07'JKLR to son.
Occupation
IT dude, electrician, and a few other things ;)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously that is a whole lotta hassle for a brand new rig. Glad you got it worked out.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks. I have no idea how so many of you guys have owned so many of them. I’m 1 and done with jeep. Spend 50k plus on a vehicle to be let down. I never even got a change to take it off-roading and it still breaks. Been in 2 different dodge shops and still can’t figure out the issue. First dealership had it 15 days to give it back to me broke and 3 days later I take it to another dealership and it has been sitting there going on two weeks and no answer. Now that it’s been going on 30 days total in shop they are sending a Chrysler tech in Monday to look at it. I don’t even want it anymore I’m done and want to lemon it. Here in VA 30 days qualifies for lemon. I really hope anyone on the fence about buying a jeep product looks the other way and purchases something different
I bought the perfect vehicle once. It did everything I ever wanted it to do, and was worth every cent I paid for it because I was so happy. It was really magical really... said no ever.

This is why you suck! A lot of people think their choice of vehicle brand is rainbows and sunshine and those little pesky recalls and issues that pop up are acceptable because xx brand is totally awesome, and you would NEVER have an issue with a dealer. Guess what, there are people exactly like you for every brand of vehicle out there. Even the guy that spent a $1,000,000 (yes $1M) on a Bugatti Veyron can probably say, hey this ?? sucks. So get over yourself, move on, sell your Jeep and buy whatever makes you happy and stop pissing vinegar.
Or
Take it back and move on :rock:

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I bought the perfect vehicle once. It did everything I ever wanted it to do, and was worth every cent I paid for it because I was so happy. It was really magical really... said no ever.

This is why you suck! A lot of people think their choice of vehicle brand is rainbows and sunshine and those little pesky recalls and issues that pop up are acceptable because xx brand is totally awesome, and you would NEVER have an issue with a dealer. Guess what, there are people exactly like you for every brand of vehicle out there. Even the guy that spent a $1,000,000 (yes $1M) on a Bugatti Veyron can probably say, hey this ?? sucks. So get over yourself, move on, sell your Jeep and buy whatever makes you happy and stop pissing vinegar.
Or
Yes your right sir I guess I do suck for being upset that my 50+ k vehicle was in the shop for over 5 weeks between 2 dealerships.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE

Or
Of course issues pop-up with every brand. Can you point out to me where OP said otherwise?

Can you describe what "people like you" means?

Can you share why you feel the way you do about this post? And why you needed to respond in this way?
Sponsored