Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
The regrettable thread title comes off antagonistic to a group of us who drive and love Jeeps and a percentage of posters don't read much beyond that before responding -and certainly not 11 pages of replies. As I said in my earlier post, "Jeep sucks" isn't going to garner a lot of sympathy from Jeep fanatics, but not one of us here wouldn't be furious if ours did what OP's was doing.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
The regrettable thread title comes off antagonistic to a group of us who drive and love Jeeps and a percentage of posters don't read much beyond that before responding -and certainly not 11 pages of replies. As I said in my earlier post, "Jeep sucks" isn't going to garner a lot of sympathy from Jeep fanatics, but not one of us here wouldn't be furious if ours did what OP's was doing.
Exactly, and no I didn't/won't read through 11 pages worth.

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Everything about jeep sucks. I have no idea how so many of you guys have owned so many of them.
Jeeps are like your kids; yeah, there are some flaws, but you love them anyway. And just like kids have, I hope your temper tantrum is over and you were able to find some solace. Sounds like you are not Jeep-worthy anyway, so we (the collective Jeep owners) probably are glad you are leaving us. Happy trails...or better yet, from the words of Mr. Chow: "toodaloo mutha fukkkaaaaa...."

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Jeeps are like your kids; yeah, there are some flaws, but you love them anyway. And just like kids have, I hope your temper tantrum is over and you were able to find some solace. Sounds like you are not Jeep-worthy anyway, so we (the collective Jeep owners) probably are glad you are leaving us. Happy trails...or better yet, from the words of Mr. Chow: "toodaloo mutha fukkkaaaaa...."
I bet you wouldnt be making stupid comments like this if your new 50k JT had some bs electrical issue, loosing power while driving and no one could figure it out. Let the dude vent and quit being an internet bully.

I love my Jeeps but people like you make up the extremist side of Jeep owners that many of us don’t care for. Your reply tantrum was by far worse than his, and elitist Jeep owners like you undermine true Jeep culture.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
So your good now, but you had posted that your sway bar disconnect was not working, does it work now?.....Jack

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It is a shame they do not pay well to diagnose problems, but if that is the case then use the system as designed and make them pay. Is it more work..... Unfortunately, will it help the customer, probably, but his vehicle will be down a bit and my need multiples visits. If the thoight is it is a wiring harness, write it up as such and replace it. If that did not work, replace the controller. If that harness and controller did not fix it write up the next one. If techs are gonna get treated as parts replacers. Replace parts, each part has a given cost and hour of install that should be able to be charged and you can pick up the saved time from the diagnosis. I am not a fan of the currentdealership model either. It creates unhappy people all the way around, except for those suit wearing sobs.

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
For what it's worth, I've taken my wife's 2018 JL Rubicon in to have the Head Unit replaced (damaged during factory install), seat handle/wire replaced, & hinge paint perforation (2 different times). Each time Jeep provided us with rentals, and did not dispute the Warranty Claims whatsoever! I've been a Warranty Manager for ever 10 years, sadly every manufacturer has issues; however, it's all in how they address them!

Personally, I'm beyond satisficed with our Jeeps and customer service! I know everyone's circumstance is different, but I would almost guarantee it's a dealer related issue, not Jeep! Typically Dealers hesitate to perform Warranty work because it's based on SRT (standard repairs time) vs. customer pay; therefore, they make less revenue performing Warranty Work.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
@LiftedrubiconJT in situations like this, I typically go straight to the top. I had a buddy with a 70K Camaro (ugh) that spent 3x more time in the shop than in his garage with 2500 miles on it. Dealerships kept pushing him off. On his behalf, I sourced the email addresses for the entire Chevrolet executive team, including the local area service and sales managers (Chevrolet employees, not dealership employees) and he sent a long email about his situation to them all- probably a dozen or so high level employees, including their customer satisfaction VPs. The execs don't typically read the emails, but their admins do, and the the VP level execs don't want the C level execs to hear about customer dissatisfaction. Long story short, he was contacted within a day or so from corporate, they got an engineer involved, and shit started moving right along for him. Granted, the dealerships weren't happy that he went around them, because these situations can affect their relationship with the manufacturer. I have done this with a couple of companies that I was getting the short end of the stick from, and has always worked. Maybe try that- if you need help finding email addresses, PM me.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what it's worth, I've taken my wife's 2018 JL Rubicon in to have the Head Unit replaced (damaged during factory install), seat handle/wire replaced, & hinge paint perforation (2 different times). Each time Jeep provided us with rentals, and did not dispute the Warranty Claims whatsoever! I've been a Warranty Manager for ever 10 years, sadly every manufacturer has issues; however, it's all in how they address them!

Personally, I'm beyond satisficed with our Jeeps and customer service! I know everyone's circumstance is different, but I would almost guarantee it's a dealer related issue, not Jeep! Typically Dealers hesitate to perform Warranty work because it's based on SRT (standard repairs time) vs. customer pay; therefore, they make less revenue performing Warranty Work.
Its sad all dealerships aren’t created equal. I wish FCA could somehow set expectations and guidelines for dealerships like Lexus does. The Jeep dealerships around me are so-so. I don’t know that there is a truly decent one within 100 miles.

Our Honda dealerships locally suck also, so we drive 50 miles in the other direction to go to the dealership we bought it from. They are nearly always on time with things like oil changes. When they tell you something need to be replaced they show you or show you a picture of it. The last time I was there they apologized because they were 10 minutes behind. 10 minutes later, it was ready. They also offer red carpet oil changes where they come get your car, give you a rental, and then bring your car back, for free! They are known for their great service and everyone locally flocks to them for service, and thus buys from them also. I don’t know about y’all but I would pay and extra 1k or so to know my dealership was 100 honest and reliable and had my back.

The issue with these places is lack of basic communication and not giving proper expectations. No one does this anymore. It also doesn’t help some of the techs are poorly trained, or new and not mentored properly which sets them up for failure. Most of this can be resolved by having good leadership from the top. It’s so obvious when a store has good leadership, everything else down hill falls in place like it should.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@LiftedrubiconJT in situations like this, I typically go straight to the top. I had a buddy with a 70K Camaro (ugh) that spent 3x more time in the shop than in his garage with 2500 miles on it. Dealerships kept pushing him off. On his behalf, I sourced the email addresses for the entire Chevrolet executive team, including the local area service and sales managers (Chevrolet employees, not dealership employees) and he sent a long email about his situation to them all- probably a dozen or so high level employees, including their customer satisfaction VPs. The execs don't typically read the emails, but their admins do, and the the VP level execs don't want the C level execs to hear about customer dissatisfaction. Long story short, he was contacted within a day or so from corporate, they got an engineer involved, and shit started moving right along for him. Granted, the dealerships weren't happy that he went around them, because these situations can affect their relationship with the manufacturer. I have done this with a couple of companies that I was getting the short end of the stick from, and has always worked. Maybe try that- if you need help finding email addresses, PM me.
Sometimes you have to follow the chain of command and go over peoples head. Some will get butt hurt but often it’s the only way to get them moving to hold them accountable. I’m like you, I give someone a reasonable amount of time to help me, if not, I find who the report to and keep moving up until resolved. I’ve Also found that what helps the most is to play it cool and be nice. Start with saying “ I need some help”. They then usually say of course and you kinda have them on the hook. There is also a nice way to tell people directly that you are willing to go over their head. This actually works quite well...

Last edited:

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Sometimes you have to follow the chain of command and go over peoples head. Some will get butt hurt but often it’s the only way to get them moving to hold them accountable. I’m like you, I give someone a reasonable amount of time to help me, if not, I find who the report to and keep moving up until resolved. I’ve Also found that what helps the most is to play it cool and be nice. Start with saying “ I need some help”. They then usually say of course and you kinda have them on the hook. There is also a nice way to tell people directly that you are willing to go over their head. This actually quite well...
Yeah, I typically start the email off with "My apologies in advance for the blanket email, but I really don't know what else to do at this point...." and then kill them with kindness, asking for help.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I bet you wouldnt be making stupid comments like this if your new 50k JT had some bs electrical issue, loosing power while driving and no one could figure it out. Let the dude vent and quit being an internet bully.

I love my Jeeps but people like you make up the extremist side of Jeep owners that many of us don’t care for. Your reply tantrum was by far worse than his, and elitist Jeep owners like you undermine true Jeep culture.
I get the whole venting thing. I had an issue with my new 50K Jeep also, luckily the dealer near me was competent enough to fix the original issue, VVT solenoid, and resultant cat failure after that.
My wife said I was too patient, and should lemon it. But I didn't get all excited and blast the internets with "Jeep sucks", just work the problem and eventually it was fixed.

My problem is people "venting" like this with no content describing the ACTUAL problem. He would probably get booted over at Pirate or other boards. Maybe @Binfordtools was a little over the top, but probably less than what he would get in other places to be honest.

"jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks"

and secondly, this guy should learn a little history and humility. I'm a vet and this kind of talk is frankly a little offensive.

https://www.jeep.com/history/1940s.html#mb

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get the whole venting thing. I had an issue with my new 50K Jeep also, luckily the dealer near me was competent enough to fix the original issue, VVT solenoid, and resultant cat failure after that.
My wife said I was too patient, and should lemon it. But I didn't get all excited and blast the internets with "Jeep sucks", just work the problem and eventually it was fixed.

My problem is people "venting" like this with no content describing the ACTUAL problem. He would probably get booted over at Pirate or other boards. Maybe @Binfordtools was a little over the top, but probably less than what he would get in other places to be honest.

"jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks"

and secondly, this guy should learn a little history and humility. I'm a vet and this kind of talk is frankly a little offensive.

https://www.jeep.com/history/1940s.html#mb
1) Your issue got fixed by the dealer first time. He tried to get it resolved several times and they weren’t able to figure it out. So no your situation doesn’t some how make you know where he’s coming from.

2) you self admittedly didn’t read the posts on this thread, and he did give details of what happened. Maybe next time take the time to READ before you take the time to RESPOND to something you don’t know fully what your talking about it.

3) In case you haven’t realized it, a lot of this forum is about people having issues, or need help figuring something out. It doesn’t matter if it’s a mod or an issue from the factory, people bring those things here to discuss... and often VENT. I think it’s a more appropriate Avenue to vent here vs. REDDIT.

4) why not be a productive member of this forum and help, and sympathize with those who need help? It seems we have more like you on this forum now than a year ago. At first the JT forum was different than the JL forum. Mostly positive and productive. Congratulations your input has helped screw it up.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
1) Your issue got fixed by the dealer first time. He tried to get it resolved several times and they weren’t able to figure it out. So no your situation doesn’t some how make you know where he’s coming from.

2) you self admittedly didn’t read the posts on this thread, and he did give details of what happened. Maybe next time take the time to READ before you take the time to RESPOND to something you don’t know fully what your talking about it.

3) In case you haven’t realized it, a lot of this forum is about people having issues, or need help figuring something out. It doesn’t matter if it’s a mod or an issue from the factory, people bring those things here to discuss... and often VENT. I think it’s a more appropriate Avenue to vent here vs. REDDIT.

4) why not be a productive member of this forum and help, and sympathize with those who need help? It seems we have more like you on this forum now than a year ago. At first the JT forum was different than the JL forum. Mostly positive and productive. Congratulations your input has helped screw it up.
I got tired after 6 posts deep and still no explanation. You are a lot more patient (feeling person?) than I am apparently. I'm here to help for sure. Just not a therapist.

Peace out.
Sponsored