Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Did you remove the J-Scan before you took it in each time? Did you reprogram with it after you got the truck back? I ask because if you have a bad J-Scan, could it be messing up things?
Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Probably yet another stilantis harness issue. or a module (or sensor) bringing down the bus.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
All the lost communication codes are due to the bus dropping out. Nothing can talk to each other. The field engineer should be able to look at the data and figure out what's bringing it down.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
These are some of the codes and photos of areas they said they fixed

538E566C-AAB2-4A4B-8FD3-C4896F0C2576.png

8E75DBD3-E62D-4490-A4C5-539BFC4022D5.png

BE46D70A-C459-4843-8CA8-F6A59D3CB7CD.png

06944175-8CDA-470F-B258-3CE00C5AF91D.png

D814166E-639D-4919-BBD3-AE6B92520567.png

EC12B5AC-24F8-400C-868F-A2EB54A81E4F.jpeg

46A0E2E2-0E2A-407D-AEB2-33167B7B5693.jpeg

That is some seriously half assed schit there ... Electrical tape ? HUH !??!???!?! WTF !!!

Which mechanic intern with a pair of safety scissors performed that abortion ??

"Lost communication" aint no ground issue ... If I had to venture a guess Id think that they would need to REPLACE the (or a few) wiring harnesses with KNOWN GOOD replacements ...

There is no place for crappy electrical tape (or splices for that matter) in an exposed area on a brand new vehicle ... But if you have to do it, YOU NEED TO DO IT RIGHT !!!

Either replace the harness or get someone who KNOWS WTF THEY ARE DOING with wiring ... Do it right and if the problem persists troubleshoot further down the line ...

If it were me I would tear them to shreds for such a shoddy repair attempt obviously done by someone with no experience in reliable wiring repairs ...

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
That must be extremely difficult to deal with. I’m sure like anything, they have to follow a process before getting Chrysler involved but having to deal with that sucks.

Sponsored

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
Sounds a lot like the issues I had with my JL. After multiple failures they found that a frame rail had too sharp an edge from factory and it had chewed through a wire causing a simple short. Cleaned up the exposed wire and it was completely resolved. Likely not your issue, but putting it out there.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
All the lost communication codes are due to the bus dropping out. Nothing can talk to each other. The field engineer should be able to look at the data and figure out what's bringing it down.
I would have thought someone from 1 of the 2 dealerships my truck has been at would have been able to figure it out. I guess I’ll see if the Chrysler tech coming in Monday will be able to figure it out.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
That is some seriously half assed schit there ... Electrical tape ? HUH !??!???!?! WTF !!!

Which mechanic intern with a pair of safety scissors performed that abortion ??

"Lost communication" aint no ground issue ... If I had to venture a guess Id think that they would need to REPLACE the (or a few) wiring harnesses with KNOWN GOOD replacements ...

There is no place for crappy electrical tape (or splices for that matter) in an exposed area on a brand new vehicle ... But if you have to do it, YOU NEED TO DO IT RIGHT !!!

Either replace the harness or get someone who KNOWS WTF THEY ARE DOING with wiring ... Do it right and if the problem persists troubleshoot further down the line ...

If it were me I would tear them to shreds for such a shoddy repair attempt obviously done by someone with no experience in reliable wiring repairs ...
Every time I point out the shitty work on the wires I just get a response back that it’s not what’s causing my truck to mess up

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Did you remove the J-Scan before you took it in each time? Did you reprogram with it after you got the truck back? I ask because if you have a bad J-Scan, could it be messing up things?
I don’t leave it plugged in. I just bought it to adjust tire size. I don’t think it could cause any issues

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Every time I point out the shitty work on the wires I just get a response back that it’s not what’s causing my truck to mess up
Respectfully, you need to conjure your inner a$$hole ... BS work like that cant be tolerated and (at least I) would speak as loudly as was required for them to see it my way ...

Ask them : If it isn't the problem than why did you mess with it ? And when you messed with it why did the guy/gal do such a poor job ? Do you intend to leave it that way just because it "isnt causing the problem" ???

An HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT ??? If they are 100% clear that the horrible wiring and horrible repair are NOT the issue than it would stand to reason that they are 100% confident in that statement because they are 100% sure where the actual issue is !!! Correct ???

And if they know where the actual issue is, than WHY ARE THEY NOT FIXING THAT !!!

Sorry but this feels like a "throw crap at the wall" and see what sticks situation ... Id much rather they tell me that they HAVE NO IDEA than make definitive statements of fact while offering no proof and no results ...

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealerships and jeep didn’t treat me the way they have and didn’t keep on dragging their feet I would be more then happy to try another gladiator.
Took delivery of my JT Rubi in August 2020 and with 20,000 on odometer, not one issue. Runs flawlessly, gets serviced at more than reasonable intervals and provides the ride and off road abilities I expected. Keep on Jeepin'

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks. I have no idea how so many of you guys have owned so many of them. I’m 1 and done with jeep. Spend 50k plus on a vehicle to be let down. I never even got a change to take it off-roading and it still breaks. Been in 2 different dodge shops and still can’t figure out the issue. First dealership had it 15 days to give it back to me broke and 3 days later I take it to another dealership and it has been sitting there going on two weeks and no answer. Now that it’s been going on 30 days total in shop they are sending a Chrysler tech in Monday to look at it. I don’t even want it anymore I’m done and want to lemon it. Here in VA 30 days qualifies for lemon. I really hope anyone on the fence about buying a jeep product looks the other way and purchases something different
I've owned 3 Wranglers and 5 Jeeps total and have always had excellent luck with them and service. I've still got 4 of them, ranging from a 2004 WJ to my JL. The JL has been the best of all of them with no issues outside of a couple recalls and TSBs. It does help to have a good dealership behind you, too. But I've had great help from @JeepCares and other arms of Jeep's customer service at the company level, too.

I hope you are able to get some good help and get it resolved so that you can enjoy that vehicle.

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

msfitone