Jeep wave-back question

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I started waving at other jeeps when i got my gladiator and there are a lot of jeeps in my area. I work on an army base and see many every day. I noticed something. The vast majority of the wave-backs are from men. I had one, yes, one woman wave back and she sort of saw me wave, panicked, and then waved furiously. I asked my wife why only guys are waving back and she just laughed at me. That isn't an answer! Has anyone else noticed this? Also, i am not trying to be sexist in any way. This is a real thing I've noticed and yes I know that my sample population is only over a couple weeks duration and I'm not accounting for a ton of variables, but I've got to be approaching 100 waves by now.
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Ladies: I’m not flirting with you when I wave. I’m flirting with your Jeep.
I think maybe you went too far when you complimented their tail...pipes :CWL:

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
My wife does not understand this "wave thing" at all. She finds it hilarious that we get waved at and I return the wave. I wonder if the women who have Jeeps may have a decent percentage that think similarly? This whole waving/signaling thing is kind of a boy thing. Riding motorcycles and all that (majority boys) and all the waves. I just told my wife that when we visit the Jeep clubhouse she isn't welcome unless she waves. :)

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Jeep guys waive back from wranglers even if stock most of the time. Only get one back from what I perceive to be females when they are modified

Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Modified vs not is an interesting concept. Around me the majority of women in Jeeps are in unlimiteds but the women with modified more often tend to drive two door's. And no the "soccer mom" crowd generally don't seem to wave. The gladiator adds another level of fun because so many people haven't seen them and not sure if they are "allowed" since it's not a wrangler. Had one soccer mom driving am unlimited follow me to a parking lot to ask what it was and if it was a custom build. She had no clue the JT existed. Granted I do have one of the first in the area and have only seen 3 in northwest Indiana on the road in 4 months.

Last edited:

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
There is a LOT of handy information on this forum. Who does/doesn't wave and why isn't.

Sponsored

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I always have and always will wave! But I’ve driven noting but Jeeps since 1994, so......
A lot of men don’t wave back either but they are usually driving mall crawlers loaded up with so much bling, they can’t see me because of the sun reflecting off all that chrome! Ha! Just kidding....

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Very few women get a wrangler for its real purpose. Most get it to be cool with a colored top as a mall crawler. No clue why you are waving. My ole lady makes me take the top and doors off hers at the first hint of summer! But her jeep wave is mostly the middle finger to slow drivers!!!!

Kinda like a Harley bike wave to a Honda Goldwing.... Just confuses em!

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
My wife forgot she was in her SUV and waved at a Jeep out of habit and they gave us a rather confused look. We got a good laugh out of it but she is a Jeep girl through and through so she gets the wave. Time to educate the masses!
Sponsored