First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Not sure got the run around from Mopar, jeep wave, and jeep chat. called 5 different people and they all forwarded me and or gave me the number i had to call and kept passing the bill. even went to jeep wave 2x even though they supposedly arent open on weekends... @JeepCares I would like some help... Had to shell out 286.47. I think they did 9 quarts. 50 bucks for the rotation too....
Hi, thanks for tagging us. We can look into your Jeep Wave status, just send us a private message. This information can also be found by logging into your Garage at Official Mopar Site | Sign In or Register.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I just signed onto Jeep Wave and I have

YOUR PLAN
Start Date
05/11/2021
Expires On
05/10/2024
2 - Oil Changes Remaining

2- Tire Rotations Remaining

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
- rampant dealer ineptitude.
Yeah, that reminds me. My service writers seem to have no idea what ā€œJeep Waveā€ is. I just tell them that I get ā€œfree service.ā€ They look sideways at me, and then when I get my sheet when itā€™s done, always from a different service writer, for some reason, they say something like ā€œI guess thereā€™s no chargeā€.

Iā€™m assuming at some point in the process someone with a brain gets involved, the computer or STAR system tells them thereā€™s no charge or theyā€™re just so stupid that all a customer has to do is tell them they have some thing that gives them free service. ā€œYeah, my Jeep is G14 Classified by Stellantis so all maintenance is free until the next Year of the Chicken .ā€

Sponsored

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Itā€™s sad to say, especially given the cost of oil changes in the diesel but Iā€™m not sure I trust a tech to put oil in my vehicles anymore. I probably ought to do a rant thread on the service department at Pearson Jeep in Richmond, VA. Iā€™m in Hampton Roads, but I drove 1.5 hours to buy it from them. I donā€™t like the dealerships down here either. Itā€™s a roll of the dice whether you get a good tech or a moron or just some guy more interested in playing on his phone than to remember how much oil or what kind of oil heā€™s putting in your truck.
So are you saying stay away from Pearson Jeep?

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I also had a similar experience with my Jeep Wave Program being canceled. I was informed of the cancelation by the dealer while getting the oil changed under the program. After several phone calls with Jeep and the General Manager at the dealer I purchased from and about 3 weeks time, Jeep Wave has been reinstated. Everybody was pointing their finger at everybody else blaming the "other guy" but I was never given an explanation. I have a JTRD so to me 3 free oil changes was a plus. I won't get into what oil the dealer uses LOL. Good Luck
Good luck - they put 11 or 12 qts of T6 in mine. I made them change it and kept the paperwork for any future warranty issues.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Never mind

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I normally do all my own work but due to an arm issue I used a local dealer with a good reputation [not the closest one regretfully] to do my first oil change---the very first thing I said to the service manager was please remind the tech the engine only takes 5 quarts not 6---it will be the first thing I check.

There is NO way an oil change on a JT should take one ounce more than 5 quarts. The system is not designed for it and you have to give an operating temperature engine the required time to drain. In the case of the 3.6L that means 5 minutes [Pg 395 of Owners Manual]. Same page clearly states, "Overfilling or underfilling the crankcase will cause aeration or loss of engine pressure."

As a mechanic I always shoot for 7-9/10ths on the cross hatch of a dipstick. I'd rather be in the zone than over.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Now there's a rarity, wished I could say the same.
Love my dealer too. So far they have taken good care of me.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
So are you saying stay away from Pearson Jeep?
TL,DR version: The sales side is good. The service side sucks.

I have a family member that works for that auto group which is why I went with them. Even prior to that Pearson Toyota in Newport News has traditionally had a great reputation. Iā€™ve dealt with Pearson Mazda in Richmond before and had a great experience with both service and sales. I had a good experience with the sales side of Pearson Jeep but of course this was an inside deal and Iā€™m an easy customer that doesnā€™t require a lot of hand holding. That being said, the sales people seemed to be good guys.

The car business is hard because the tone of a dealership can change month to month as thereā€™s a huge amount of churn. In the past Iā€™ve changed dealerships to get away from crappy management or service people to see them move to one I switched to. A GSM can be awful while a service director can be great or vice versa.

There are some dealerships that just have a bad reputation all around. Hall and Casey auto groups come to mind. This comes from the top leadership. Pearson isnā€™t one of those. I think generally Mr. Pearson runs a good auto group.

That being said, Iā€™ve had a terrible experience with the service department at Pearson Dodge Ram Jeep. First, I get a lot of static about waiting for my vehicle every time I bring it in, like they want to keep it for several days or something for regular maintenance. If I want to wait, I want to wait. I drove 1.5 hours. Iā€™ve got no place to go and I always tell them I will have to wait when I make the appointment. In General, they have an attitude that verges on hostile.

In December I asked them to check the torque on the right rear cab body mount because it sounding like it was popping. I know from experience what they sound like. I had already checked all the suspension bolts and I offered to them that I understand that as a lifted Jeep all those bolts should be suspect first. I was reticent to check body mounts myself, given the reputation for them breaking. All I wanted them to do was put a wrench on that one bolt and to see if it was tight. They didnā€™t check it and gave me the ā€œcustomer states poppingā€¦.cannot replicate.ā€ I asked them to put a wrench on it, not check for noise. When I installed my sliders a few weeks later I found that that mount was hand tight! 2 were loose. 4 out of 6 had no Locktite, 2 had broken retainers. I had no issues getting the bolts out or breaking because I used a $400 inductive heater.

I had my truck in 3 times for a non working emergency brake. They just donā€™t want to adjust it. They just wanted to replace it and I went 6 months without a brake waiting on the part. Of course they never called me when the part was in. After they fixed it, it was good for about a month before getting loose again. I took it back and told them that it wonā€™t hold the truck anymore on a slight incline. They refused to fix it and told me it was in spec which was bs. I ended up adjusting it myself.

I took my seat out to run a wire from my WeBoost to the Aux wire under the dash. This and disconnecting the battery will sometimes result in some various codes being thrown. I asked them to reset the code for the airbag warning last time it was in for service. They were also doing the DEF recall computer flash. They told me they found lots of codes saved in the ECU and that had to be caused my ScanGauge II , disconnecting the seat (thats true for the airbag code) and disconnecting the battery. They presented it in such a way that I felt they were setting up to claim that my warranty was voided. Generally, I get the impression theyā€™re hostile to modified Jeeps. On some level I get that because modding a Jeep can cause issues they donā€™t want to fix. But a ScanGauge or wiring up the factory Aux switches or disconnecting the battery doesnā€™t void the warranty. I have a winch and winch disconnect. I have my own fuse block and ground block. Iā€™m sure they are bothered by this. However if I run auxiliary stuff off the battery and back to a chassis ground they really have no legit complaints about my wiring causing issues.

The last time I was there for service I told them I do not want them to rotate the tires. I rotate with five, and I just donā€™t wanna deal with their crap about it. So I just told him not to do it. I told him the tire pressure is fine. You can see it from dash. When I got the truck back, they listed that they had put air in the tires. Now thereā€™s a long history of dealerships insisting on cranking tons of air into big tires that call for lower air pressure based upon the stock tire size recommended pressure from
the door placard on the truck. I almost expect that at this point. So when I saw that they put air in the tires, I expected to see 38 pounds or something. In actuality they let out pressure on two tires and they were down to about 20 psi. Iā€™m sure what happened is that the tech had a hard time getting the chuck on the recessed valve stems on my AEV wheels so they ended up just letting air out. They gave up and said screw it. The other two had 29-30 psi. So I came in with four tires perfectly balanced at 27 psi and I left with two tires at 30 psi and two tires at 20 psi.

So no, I wouldnā€™t get a Jeep serviced at Pearsonā€™s Jeep dealership. If you like the sales side and want to get it serviced elsewhere I guess thatā€™s ok. Iā€™m going to take mine to Southern Jeep in Chesapeake from now on and just do the maintenance myself.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very fortunate, too -- my local dealer is superb on both the sales side of the house and the service side. I've never had anything but top-notch results from them. They legitimately earn the excellent rating I give them. The only downside of using them is that they're really busy, so it sometimes takes a little while to get an appointment for service.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Lots of issues and challenges in life, but loosing 3 free oil changes is not one of them (for me :))...But thanks for the heads up it is good to know.
Me neither, but then, I don't have a diesel like the OP does. I understand that even doing the oil change yourself on one of those can run $150-$200 if you are using a quality filter and oil.
Sponsored