First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
What does your invoice say and itemize out showing what supposedly Jeep only pays and what the dealership says you owe?

Just about all the dealerships use the same ticket write up and billing system. There should have been coding in there for the Jeep Wave service that lines out any customer charging and bills it as a prepaid contract/warranty service.

Warranty.jpg
It wasn’t under one labor code like the one you have shown, I’ll pull my ticket and look but I’m fairly certain it was 2 or 3 separate codes. One for inspection, one for oil change and one for tire rotation.

@JeepCares i will try to call in tomorrow

it was the local ram dealer in Maysville Ky.
Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
My Jeep Wave program expires on 11/29, if I scheduled an oil change for 11/29 that should be covered correct?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My Jeep Wave program expires on 11/29, if I scheduled an oil change for 11/29 that should be covered correct?
I would say run that question through your servicing dealer.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get in this week but the dealer is all booked up, guess I'll roll with my Monday 11/29 appt and we'll see what happens
My dealer has an 'Express Lane' for oil changes, no appointments required. Just drive there and wait. If it's too busy, I set an appointment and come back. Otherwise, it's about a 90 minute wait to get it done.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
My dealer has an 'Express Lane' for oil changes, no appointments required. Just drive there and wait. If it's too busy, I set an appointment and come back. Otherwise, it's about a 90 minute wait to get it done.
I did my first change myself as I view it as especially important and wanted it just right.
Then, about two weeks ago, I called to set appt and my dealer doesn't do appts for oil and rotations...... but they said if I come in after lunch, when rush is over and during middle of week, I would not have to wait long. They were correct and I was very pleased.

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I’m sorry to say but that dealer didn’t explain to you the Jeep wave program, which covers free oil changes and tire rotations up to 3-4 depending when the Jeep was purchased. I’d suggest never going back to that dealer and please let us know what dealer and person told you that.
PS. If you haven’t already setup a mopar account and you can schedule oil changes tire rotations on approved Jeep dealers. And to answer your question I didn’t have to pay a dime for my oil change.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
So I was under the impression that when you buy a new jeep you get your first 3 oil changes free... according to the jeep wave program... however I take my truck in to have it’s oil change done and now I’m billed $30 because and I quote “Jeep/Chrysler only pays $50 towards the oil change and $10 towards the tire rotation”. I may have gotten scammed but I didn’t bother over the $30 because I didn’t have the time nor the patience to go to another dealer to find out. However if this is the case, then why tf is the manufacturer only paying a fraction and leaving the dealer to cover the rest? If it’s a manufacturers program I thought they would plan ahead and be sure that they cover it entirely. Again it’s only $30, but it irritates me.
Was this a diesel?

The Jeep wave program at times doesn't even reimburse the dealership cost for an oil change. I've seen some dealers pass the deficit along to customers.

pendragonz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I took mine in a couple weeks ago for its first Jeep Wave oil change and tire rotation. Wasn't charged anything, but was told that since I had upsized the tires, the next time they would charge $15 bucks for tire rotation.

Sponsored

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
Wait just a minute! I get free oil changes and tire rotations? I didn't even know that! I ordered a 2022 Mojave. What else do I get? Are all the warranties the same on all new Jeeps? I ordered from Gupton.
It's not part of the warranty. It's the Jeep Wave program. Your first three oil changes and tire rotations are free.

OP
OP
DTJB

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Was this a diesel?

The Jeep wave program at times doesn't even reimburse the dealership cost for an oil change. I've seen some dealers pass the deficit along to customers.
No it’s a gasser. I never put anymore thought into it, it wasn’t enough money for me to worry about it. But I don’t take it to that dealer for oil changes now.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Have a diesel here, no charge for two services that's been done.

I will vent about this dealership's scheduling practices. Both times, and these were set by appointment days in advance, cost me two trips. "We're sorry, we don't have the required oil filter". WHAT!!!

Guess I'm used to being a bit more organized. If I'm going to schedule a piece of equipment to be down for a basic servicing, those parts are staged ahead of time.

My rant is over and yes, you got bent over.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
The dealer made it known that it was something they were doing but it still surprises me that the dealers are being asked to cover a manufacturer service to an extent
That's what dealers are for, to cover manufacturer services. Warranty services and claim generally get submitted to the manufacturer warranty claims department. Depending on the claim most dealers are required to hold on to all repolaced parts, if any, to be sent back for review. Most dealerships have a dedicated, hourly, oil/tire tech. Your certified Jeep master tech is not the guy doing your free oil change.
It may have been the deal passing the job to the master tech because its slow and he needed work so the $60 allowance didn't cover the master tech $120 an hour labor rate. In any case you still should not have been asked to compensate the difference. We should be able to submit our oil change records to Jeep ourselves and get that money for doing it. :)

You still got shafted. I would have argued with them over it. HAHAHA

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Have a diesel here, no charge for two services that's been done.

I will vent about this dealership's scheduling practices. Both times, and these were set by appointment days in advance, cost me two trips. "We're sorry, we don't have the required oil filter". WHAT!!!

Guess I'm used to being a bit more organized. If I'm going to schedule a piece of equipment to be down for a basic servicing, those parts are staged ahead of time.

My rant is over and yes, you got bent over.
the worst is scheduling an appointment block but they still ask for the vehicle to be there all day. WTF!!
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT