First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Did you have to cut any inner fender to fit the APEX links on the Mojave?

Need to research as I am not sure if these links provide any resistance to help with stability like the anti rock system and the flex connect.
Bjeepz no I did not.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
To update with more Flex Connect information, I spoke with JKS tech service today. The Flex Connect link is 9.75 inches eye to eye. To avoid cutting the bracket off the passenger side one would require any passenger side link that is 9.5 to 10.0 inches long to very closely match the Flex link. JKS no longer offers the solid link that mounts to the factory points in my posted link above.

Last edited:

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
USAF
To update with more Flex Connect information, I spoke with JKS tech service today. The Flex Connect link is 9.75 inches eye to eye. To avoid cutting the bracket off the passenger side one would require any passenger side link that is 9.5 to 10.0 inches long to very closely match the Flex link. JKS no longer offers the solid link that mounts to the factory points in my posted link above.
To clarify, do you mean that we still need to cut the tab off the passenger side if we are just using the kit contents? I've got a set coming, going on a Mojave with the 2" AEV lift. Would love to figure out how to not cut anything.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm surprised that nobody makes softer sway bars for the Jeep rather than all these band aids. All Flex connect does is add compliance to the sway bar system. The same as a thinner sway bar.

Installation might be a bit more involved, but sway bars are typically in the $100 to $150 range.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Installation was simple and easy, I did use washers to help get the alignment of the links a bit better. They are not perfectly aligned even with added washers. Working fine and I don't anticipate any problems.
My Apex are finally coming. Sorry for the braindead question....what exactly am I supposed to he 'aligning' the end links to by adding washers?

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
My Apex are finally coming. Sorry for the braindead question....what exactly am I supposed to he 'aligning' the end links to by adding washers?
The factory links have a dog leg, the Apex are straight. The additional washers help for a little better alignment. It will be obvious once your Apex arrives and you install them. You’re really going to like them.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
To clarify, do you mean that we still need to cut the tab off the passenger side if we are just using the kit contents? I've got a set coming, going on a Mojave with the 2" AEV lift. Would love to figure out how to not cut anything.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, with the standard JKS system cutting the passenger side axle tab is required. To avoid this the Flex connect link can be purchased as a stand alone part, then you would need to source an adjustable link for the passenger side to match the Flex connect length.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The factory links have a dog leg, the Apex are straight. The additional washers help for a little better alignment. It will be obvious once your Apex arrives and you install them. You’re really going to like them.
Installing now. Instructions say to make the link as close to your current link as possible. Well, Mojave end links are 5" center to center. Apex SMALLEST adjustment is 6.5". Is this 'fine'?? It will tild the swaybar up off parallel.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Installing now. Instructions say to make the link as close to your current link as possible. Well, Mojave end links are 5" center to center. Apex SMALLEST adjustment is 6.5". Is this 'fine'?? It will tild the swaybar up off parallel.
Yup, some upward tilt is OK, very common on lifted Jeeps. Should be no issue for you.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
You guys need to lean on JKS for a bolt on solution that doesn't require cutting. A Rubi owner or someone that isn't a hardcore rock crawler doesn't need to cut that bracket and use the disconnect hardware. I send them a message not too long ago suggesting it, but I'm just one guy.

I run these on my Rubi, but a machined sleeves to replace the sliding disconnect studs. Currently running the 65% softer springs for daily driving and dig it in the desert so I don't have to wobble around without a bar connected.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
You guys need to lean on JKS for a bolt on solution that doesn't require cutting. A Rubi owner or someone that isn't a hardcore rock crawler doesn't need to cut that bracket and use the disconnect hardware. I send them a message not too long ago suggesting it, but I'm just one guy.

I run these on my Rubi, but a machined sleeves to replace the sliding disconnect studs. Currently running the 65% softer springs for daily driving and dig it in the desert so I don't have to wobble around without a bar connected.
I spoke with their tech team about this, they stated most ppl want to disconnect, my reply; then why waste money on the flex connect? seems very pointless. I already have the disconnect links from my last Jeep sitting here, not installing them because I'm not cutting the bracket this time around.

@Jks - Hook JL and JT owners up with a hard link that requires no cutting like you used to offer!!!!!!!

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I spoke with their tech team about this, they stated most ppl want to disconnect, my reply; then why waste money on the flex connect? seems very pointless. I already have the disconnect links from my last Jeep sitting here, not installing them because I'm not cutting the bracket this time around.

@Jks - Hook JL and JT owners up with a hard link that requires no cutting like you used to offer!!!!!!!
Many smaller companies that offered us niche market cool stuff are being aquired my huge investment corps and we get stuck with just the parts that move combine with poor customer service. I doubt our ideas even made to discussion.

I got half a box of parts I don't need and had to make parts to finish the job. Is nice to have a tunable bar now though!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I run Apex on my Mojave, which is a bit higher then a Rubicon. I ordered the washers with mine and two each to get link lined up better. The Mojave has smaller rear sway bar and a hollow front sway bar compared to the Rubicon’s larger rear and solid front. It seems like we are comparing two different things sway bar disconnects and adjustable sway bar kit. The Mojave handles on road great and corners great, like some one suggested try running it with stock sway bar first and see how you like it, I drank the Gladiator Forum kool aide and got the Apex to help with articulation, installed just before a gladiator meet up at Rausch Creek, and spent the weekend at the hospital with my sister instead! So can’t say they work or are even what you are looking for. They have gotten real expensive. I would suggest getting the Metal Cloak rear sway bar reinforcing bracket. Enjoy your Mojave when it comes in I’m loving mine!…..Jack

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I was pleased with the Mohave flex with 35's and 1 inch spacers and nothing else suspension wise, but the Flex connect can remove the side to side shit that comes with stock rigs and improve flex on trails that are not smooth beaches or forest service roads. This isn't a comparison thread, this thread was started to discuss the Flex connect, then ppl tossed the Apex stuff in there! The Apex bits are nice looking. I am just looking for a simple solution to get what I want from my rig!! Common @Jks !!!

jerryjames

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
motoadrenalinetours.blog
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Mojave
Occupation
Owner Moto Adrenaline Tours
We installed the JKS Sway Bar disconnects on the Mojave today and we did have to cut the tab off on the passenger side. It was quick and painless.

Love them so far ill try them out this weekend.

i-5wXbg9W-L.jpg
Sponsored