First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Talked to a dealer for exo Shield. And something called clear.plex Both are supposed to protect the window the dealer said that exo shield was not as clear as clear plex and that neither was optically perfect. But clear plex Was clearer. And had “less issues visual ly” whatever that means Any one know more?
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Talked to a dealer for exo Shield. And something called clear.plex Both are supposed to protect the window the dealer said that exo shield was not as clear as clear plex and that neither was optically perfect. But clear plex Was clearer. And had “less issues visual ly” whatever that means Any one know more?
I do not know about exo shield...., but, the "racing optics" stuff I used is "optically" perfect. Not noticeable at all... No distortion, nothing. I put the link for pics of my install in post 44 of this thread. I am super impressed with it... and there is zero scratches on it so far... , and if it gets scratched up, you can just peel off a sheet and you are good to go again... so cool.. You can also install it yourself... Racing Optics (Chris) will take you through it step by step if you call or email. No regrets, I just wish I installed it on my original windshield.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
what does safeflite charge to replace?

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
what does safeflite charge to replace?
My total charge for the Mopar glass and labor was 580ish when I got mine replaced.
In NC if that matters

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I‘ve got exoshield on mine and do not notice it at all. I didn’t do any comparison between different films, but I did not notice a difference from before having the shield put on and after.

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Got my for first chip today? ...I guess I can live with it if it stays small...is there anything I should do to keep it from getting bigger and here in Florida what does safelite charge? Dammit

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Got my for first chip today? ...I guess I can live with it if it stays small...is there anything I should do to keep it from getting bigger and here in Florida what does safelite charge? Dammit
If it's not in your line of sight have it filled, that will help prevent any spreading.

I had a chip in my car's windshield for 4 years, passenger side so it never bothered me. Last winter I was moving some 10' long trim and put it up on the dash board to fit in my car, barely touched the windshield and it split across the whole car. Finally had it replaced a couple months ago but likely would not have happened if I had it filled. 4 years with the chip before I had a problem though.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Had 6 chips in my JK windshield that I had filled with the cheap kit from parts store as soon as they happened. Never spread. Then had a rock chip in the black that I didn’t notice that took off across the windshield and had to replace the windshield.

6 months on this JTR and had a crack. Thinking about replacing and having the windshield replacement place do that exoshield stuff. Kinda like a cell phone screen protector for the truck. ;)

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I had the exoshield puton today generally very happy but there is some minor distortion where it looks like is rippled but you can't see anything when you look closley at the front of the windsheild only if you look through the windshield at a low spot. but hey not perfect but if it saves me from replacing the windshield I am good with that. my JT has the active crusie controla nd sensors so i think it might be a bundle to replace. MY old jku was about 4-450 per MY jlur was bouthe same I bet i have 5,000 between the 2 jeeps in windshields alone.!!!

Does any one know about this bug windhiled wiper fluid that is supposed to make gettingth bugs off easier. My son said it is formulated differntly gree instead of blue.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
So I tried to do the cheap fill in of the chip and cracked it more when I did....so immediately called a local Windsheild repair company and in one day I got a perfect exact Factory windshield replacement already...completely covered in Florida .......complete with the tint and little willys Easter egg....

andddd now I wanna start a windeshield replacement business

Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Does any one know about this bug windhiled wiper fluid that is supposed to make gettingth bugs off easier. My son said it is formulated differntly gree instead of blue.
I'm pretty sure the bug stuff is snake oil. I've never had luck with it so I just stick with the orange Rain-x super hydrophobic stuff

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
After having the eco shield on for a few days and running 80 mph in 100 degree heat for 3 hours the little optical distotion is gone. Added rain x and a wind deflector at the edge of the hood and bug strikes seem way down. Heard some loud cracks didn’t see any rock chips might have been just a hard shell bug. So far so good. Fingers crossed

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the bug stuff is snake oil. I've never had luck with it so I just stick with the orange Rain-x super hydrophobic stuff
I do orange rain-x stuff too seems to work well.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Just replaced my windshield....... just over a year old! I lowered my comprehensive insurance to $200.00 cause I knew it was coming!! ;)
Sponsored