m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I joined this morning! so freaking aggravating! I cannot wait until someone comes out with a glass that is indestructible. I hope I can get it filled before it runs too bad.
that sux....:(
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well, I joined the club last night on my way home from work. I was being a courteous driver by merging in between two semi trucks to let traffic pass on left, heard a ridiculously loud crack sound and immediately saw a crack forming near the top middle. I called up my insurance today and switched to a $0 glass deductable plan. If this is going to be a reoccurring thing, I want to save some cash.

It's funny, I've owned 4 Jeeps and everyone one of them have had cracked windshields. Definitely a Jeep thing.
Will repeated claims raise your rates?

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Will repeated claims raise your rates?
I'm not sure, I've never had to use it before. I figure even if they do, it would take many claims to reach a point that it would be cheaper to buy the glass outright. My insurance premium did go up 2 dollars a month, though.

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
Hit by a rock and cracked from the top center to about four inches below the rear view mirror this past Thursday, while on the highway driving from Reno to Vegas. Replaced Friday with an OEM windshield. Replacement after just four months is not so encouraging. Glad I have full coverage for glass, as the adaptive cruise and collision warning systems lead to pricey replacements.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Had 4 doctor appointments this week so had the truck out every day M-Th. Been rainy, too......... so you can't tell if something hits the glass or not with the rain noise but yesterday my wife went with me to another doc appointment so we could pick up a few things before we went home and stayed there (until another doc appointment next Tuesday! ARRRGH) anyway, parked in the drive next to the house, unloaded groceries. Went out 2 hours later to move the truck to under the lean-to (hail and such predicted) and when I got in - what the....????? Nice crack from the top edge down about 5" right in front of me.
I got out to look for a rock hit or something - MAYBE -there's a teeny white looking spot right on the crack. I'm so picky about the bloody thing I figure whatever it was happened yesterday in the rain. Dunno if the teeny (smaller than a #2 pencil lead) white spot on the crack was a rock hit or not, but it's so small any other vehicle you'd never notice it and it would never lead to a crack. These must be crazy FRAGILE! I mean, I've had spots 5 times bigger never make the glass crack and this is almost like a gnat leg in size and the glass cracked several inches? WOW. I'd hate to see it get hit by a bumblebee or wasp - it would likely shatter and blow clear out of the truck!
Never heard a thing.
So - either it simply cracked on its own, or that teeny pin-point, (yeah, there ya go, SMALLER THAN THE HEAD OF A SMALL PIN) hit caused that crack - meaning this is really bad glass or it's under some stress in that frame. Only stress causes this - so is the glass not a perfect fit in some way?
Pretty sad when my 2004 WJ has had a small rock chip for years, my 82 Eagle has had a rock chip for 7 years, no crack and we've had others that had chips - we either ignored or had the chip fixed and the glass never cracked. This cracked from a spot almost too small to even see.
Great, 5500 miles and a busted windshield. The way things are out there - wonder if there are even any available?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
One of my buddies also has a JTR (just broke 1000 miles), but has had his for about 3 weeks now, and called me earlier this week to tell me that he already cracked his windshield just the other day...On an open road, with no traffic, leaving his driveway. Only thing we can figure is his tires (Factory WP M/T’s) snagged a rock from his driveway and slung it into the air when he pulled out, and he ran into it while moving forward... Crazy stuff.

Luckily we both have the added windshield protection package, so, pretty glad I got that now, if these windshields are that easy to break.

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
I don't even drive my dump truck behind other trucks, if possible.

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
In Nevada, I had a a film placed on the windshield. It is quite a bit thinker than normal film. I did take a stone to the windshield. You can see where there is what looks like a puncture in the film. Not sure if the damage went all the way to the glass or not. I would have to pull the film off to find out.

Dean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Gladiator4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Vehicle Showcase
I made it to 2500 miles and then got my first windshield rock chip this past weekend from someone that at the last minute decided to exit the freeway in front of me. Not happy about why as it was their fault but what can you do? I have full glass coverage (learned that from my bi-monthly JKU windshield replacements) but still not happy about it. Rocks are everywhere in AZ.

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 4 Door
Walked in to get my lunch and walked out 5 minutes later and there it is. No chip no nothing. 46 degrees outside and defrost set at 72.
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club 20200426_142923

Sponsored

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone tried putting a clear bra on the windshield to slow down the inevitable.

Bruce
I had exoshield installed on mine the first week I got it. A week after the install my windshield took a direct hit from two large concrete rocks that bounced off a flatbed trailer on the express way. The rocks left two small chips in the film, but there doesn't appear to be any glass damage.

Install was $399 in DFW Texas.

Would definitely recommend.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Exo Shield ? What is that? I live in Oakhurst and drive the 99 in my old Jeep I had 3 hits in three months all resulting in major cracks. I had a wind deflector on the Jeep thinking it might help not sure if it did but at 75 bucks one save and it pays for it self 4 times. Any one think it helps. I was also wondering if the trucks were any better than thre jeeps. Guessing not

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Exo Shield ? What is that? I live in Oakhurst and drive the 99 in my old Jeep I had 3 hits in three months all resulting in major cracks. I had a wind deflector on the Jeep thinking it might help not sure if it did but at 75 bucks one save and it pays for it self 4 times. Any one think it helps. I was also wondering if the trucks were any better than thre jeeps. Guessing not
This is what I had installed on mine. Lots of highway driving and no cracks so far.

https://www.getexoshield.com/exoshield

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
After replacing my windshield with a new Mopar one, I already found 3 little hits on it. So, a few weeks ago I installed Racing Optics protective film on my windshield. It has 3 layers with 2 tear offs. It has been used in racing for years. Optically, it is fantastic, and I am super excited about the protection. It also seems super hard to scratch. It is thick and invisible. So far, I am super happy. Here is a link to my install and pics. So far, I think it is fantastic and the peace of mind is great ! The technical help and explanations at Racing Optics Jeep are 1st rate. They were great on the phone and on installation techniques... It was an easy install. Call them, and they will give you a discount code.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anybody-got-gorilla-glass.23797/page-3#post-516872

link to Racing Optics
https://www.Racingopticsjeep.com

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
went to my local dealer and had them dealer trade for the one i wanted. They told me it would be there in a couple of days. So i pressured them to give me the vin and they did. So i looked it up at the dealer it was at so i could verify it was the one i wanted. i knew when it would arrive so i went down to the dealer after hours to see if it was on the lot. I was , the windshield was busted really bad. I didn't worry too much because i knew they would replace it before delivery . I waited to see what excuse they would have for it being late for delivery. But, my salesman actually told me up front about the damage. So hopefully mine has got that out of the way for a little while anyway.

Screenshot_20200709-195549_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored