Joined the Gladiator cracked window club

vegasdavetv

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator Rubicon and wife has a 16 JKU backcountry
3weeks in and a fool in a truck full of gravel decides to get over 3 lanes and exit last moment. pop goes the window, 5 minutes later and its split down half way in driver sight line. F@#%=×@$ I assume JL windshield can be found
Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Agh!! I just had that conversation with my wife about not following dump trucks, etc. I've kinda accepted that it's going to happen and it's just a matter of time :(

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Chip in mine second day out and was behind a car no dump truck around. Replaced glass in JKU and within a month had cracks again. Learned to live with the cracks, saw no reason to replace.

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Chip in mine second day out and was behind a car no dump truck around. Replaced glass in JKU and within a month had cracks again. Learned to live with the cracks, saw no reason to replace.
I had a JKU for 3 years. I think I was replacing windshield twice a year. Haha. It’s just a Jeep thing! Happens when your windshield is so flat and vertical. I just made sure to have full glass coverage on insurance... same with my JTR now

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. We need gorilla glass
I was talking to insurance people when I needed one on my JL. At the time, sadly, they still did not have any proof that the Gorilla Glass was any better on the Jeeps (from a chip/crack prevention standpoint).

I agree we need something better. Three replacements in the last nine months...including week two into the Gladiator.

Flying J

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I was talking to insurance people when I needed one on my JL. At the time, sadly, they still did not have any proof that the Gorilla Glass was any better on the Jeeps (from a chip/crack prevention standpoint).

I agree we need something better. Three replacements in the last nine months...including week two into the Gladiator.

Newest member of the club here :-(
Driving on the expressway last night. Heard a crack of a stone hitting the windshield, I didn't see anything, so I thought I got off lucky.
This morning pulled out of the garage and SOB, there's a crack stating from the very bottom of the windshield and working it's way right up into my field of vision. I've had 1 broken windshield in 45 years of driving.
1 month and 3000 miles. I hope this isn't the start of broken windshields.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Newest member of the club here :-(
Driving on the expressway last night. Heard a crack of a stone hitting the windshield, I didn't see anything, so I thought I got off lucky.
This morning pulled out of the garage and SOB, there's a crack stating from the very bottom of the windshield and working it's way right up into my field of vision. I've had 1 broken windshield in 45 years of driving.
1 month and 3000 miles. I hope this isn't the start of broken windshields.
Sorry man..that sucks.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
JK was always getting cracked, I’ve been careful & have 5,000K so far nothing yet. But i have the premium sound system & on the front windshield it says acoustic glass. Maybe it’s better maybe not.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Had mine replaced on my Jk after one week of ownership. Luckily it never happened again in the following 6 years. Here in Florida its replaced for free. Only pay $150 if you want the OEM. Learned not to follow dump trucks or semis real quick. Cross my fingers I'll have better luck with the JT.

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Had to replace the windshield in my Jeep Renegade - THAT was very expensive as the rear view mirror and electronics tie into the class. Immediately got windshield coverage added to my insurance policy.

Did the same with the JT.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Had mine replaced on my Jk after one week of ownership. Luckily it never happened again in the following 6 years. Here in Florida its replaced for free. Only pay $150 if you want the OEM. Learned not to follow dump trucks or semis real quick. Cross my fingers I'll have better luck with the JT.
Is that a flat fee for the state? Or do you have a $150 through your insurance policy specifically for OEM? I know it’s free to change out here in Florida, but I’m not aware of the specifics as it hasn’t happened to me yet thankfully.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Is that a flat fee for the state? Or do you have a $150 through your insurance policy specifically for OEM? I know it’s free to change out here in Florida, but I’m not aware of the specifics as it hasn’t happened to me yet thankfully.

Its free. I didn't have to report it to the insurance. But they will only cover aftermarket glass. When you call they will upsale you the OEM for an additional $150. With tiny Jeep decal and all. Mine happend 7 years ago. Had it done with Safelife. They came to my workplace and took care of it. From order to fix was 2 days. Longer if they have to wait for the OEM glass. Check with them to see if anything has change .

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
This is one club I was hoping not to join, but I got my first damn crack over the weekend. Was at the end of a 300 mile drive, 30 miles away from my destination as well! It's down low on the driver's side, thankfully below the wiper path. Hasn't spread yet, but I'm guessing it will after the first freezing temps hit.

This was also AFTER installing a bushwacker bug deflector. Not really sure if those were intended to help with stones, but it didn't make any difference in this case.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
:(
This is one club I was hoping not to join, but I got my first damn crack over the weekend. Was at the end of a 300 mile drive, 30 miles away from my destination as well! It's down low on the driver's side, thankfully below the wiper path. Hasn't spread yet, but I'm guessing it will after the first freezing temps hit.

This was also AFTER installing a bushwacker bug deflector. Not really sure if those were intended to help with stones, but it didn't make any difference in this case.
:(
Sponsored