Sponsored

Jscan problem

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2021 Jeep JTR (on-order)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Just installed 35s on my JTR and used the JScan app to adjust tire size. Now my back-up camera isn’t working. I’ve read a few people have had this issue but I haven’t found a fix. Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Just installed 35s on my JTR and used the JScan app to adjust tire size. Now my back-up camera isn’t working. I’ve read a few people have had this issue but I haven’t found a fix. Anybody have any ideas?
Reset the ECUs?

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Reset the ECUs?
I thought about that but I was unsure what exactly that would do. I’m not great with computer systems. I was nervous to use the Jscan in the first place, now I’m regretting it.

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Well the backup camera is working this morning after doing nothing to it.🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
@FISCH

Did you restart all ecus, twice at the end, again twice and then cycled the ignition key and finally open and closed the door ?

Reading your post and then camera coming on a key cycle the next morning makes me believe you did do as I mentioned.
I did not restart the ECUs twice. I only restarted them once but I did the rest of what you mentioned. This could very well be a me issue. I didn’t find great instructions on how to use it but I copied what I saw a guy or two do on YouTube (probably shouldn’t blindly follow information from there lol)

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Well the backup camera is working this morning after doing nothing to it.🤷‍♂️
This was probably less about the JSCAN and more about the BUS.

When I was in the military, the early aircraft to use BUS had lots of problems. Sending messages across the BUS and interpreting them at the other end is tricky at best. In a vehicle that moves with environmental factors involved, heat, cold, vibration, electromagnetic interference there can be signal loss issues.

These things seem pretty adept at figuring it out overnight. In the military, I can't count the number of times a part was replaced which magically fixed the issue, but then nothing was wrong with the part. Literally, tested good, put back into a different aircraft and worked with no issues. I just hope we don't end up with some of those same issues.

I have been using JSCAN on my computer for months with no issues. It is much less intrusive than using a Tazer. It simply allows you to adjust factory available settings, the same as the dealer would do. a Tazer can actually modify signals to produce effects that weren't available from the factory.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
@FISCH

Did you restart all ecus, twice at the end, again twice and then cycled the ignition key and finally open and closed the door ?
Any incantations to go along with that?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to uconnect, that can happen. SOMETIMES when there is a break in power such as restarting the ECU or changing the battery, that may happen. Some apps may not come right back up such as the backup camera. I disconnected power once and it took a couple days before my camera came back online. It's not a Jscan issue.

Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
The more I read about the problems people are having with these JScan devices, the more I think I'll just get the dealership to flash my computer when the time comes. Sounds like too much trouble to me.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
The more I read about the problems people are having with these JScan devices, the more I think I'll just get the dealership to flash my computer when the time comes. Sounds like too much trouble to me.
Maybe I'm just lucky. Been using it for a year and a half. On three different vehicles. Hope you find something that works for you.
Sponsored