Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Hey guys, awesome write up. I got mine installed, but I’ve run into one issue.

Everything works as expected when using the key fob, but I can’t get the auto up or auto down to work from the console inside.

I powered on and off multiple times and drove around. I took everything apart, checked wires, harness connections, etc. Disconnected the power to the battery to reset it, but no luck.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks!

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Everything works as expected when using the key fob, but I can’t get the auto up or auto down to work from the console inside.

I powered on and off multiple times and drove around. I took everything apart, checked wires, harness connections, etc. Disconnected the power to the battery to reset it, but no luck.

Sooo maybe mine is working as expected. I have auto roll up/down if I select an individual window.

I took a screenshot from the demo video on the 3W site where they are demoing the rear passenger side window up and this does work on mine. I was assuming it meant all 4 windows would come down or go up at the same time.

Can anyone confirm the expected behavior from the window button console?

Jeep Gladiator JT 3Wliners window control module install. B6617F71-7EAC-4716-AC85-7B34CDF9FF6A

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Thanks for the excellent write up, finally got mine installed and it works great.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

You have to hit the window button for ½sec., which is pretty much just push & release. Otherwise, the window will just work manually.
The front windows auto-down still needs pressed past the detent.

Kevin

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sooo maybe mine is working as expected. I have auto roll up/down if I select an individual window.

I took a screenshot from the demo video on the 3W site where they are demoing the rear passenger side window up and this does work on mine. I was assuming it meant all 4 windows would come down or go up at the same time.

Can anyone confirm the expected behavior from the window button console?
If my memory is correct I believe you can auto up/down both fronts or both rears at the same time but you can't auto up/down a front and a rear at the same time. I have my front doors off right now or I'd go confirm.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my memory is correct I believe you can auto up/down both fronts or both rears at the same time but you can't auto up/down a front and a rear at the same time. I have my front doors off right now or I'd go confirm.
@Kevin_D @MrFahrenheit

Thanks guys. I just checked and can do the two fronts or two rears at the same time, or each window individually. I just can’t do all four at the same time.

When I say all four at the same time, this is based on how the fob works. I would expect the two fronts to go down, followed by the two rears and reverse order to go back up.

It’s confusing because 3W advertises the following.

“One-button lift all windows: Press and hold the window raise button for 0.5 seconds on the driver side control panel, and then let go of your hand , the winders will rise to the top. Operate the window to go down the same way.”

Their spelling and grammar makes it even worse.

I don’t know if the option actually works for the “one-button” touch works for all four or if I’m troubleshooting something it can’t really do from the console and it’s working as expected.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kevin_D @MrFahrenheit

Thanks guys. I just checked and can do the two fronts or two rears at the same time, or each window individually. I just can’t do all four at the same time.

When I say all four at the same time, this is based on how the fob works. I would expect the two fronts to go down, followed by the two rears and reverse order to go back up.

It’s confusing because 3W advertises the following.

“One-button lift all windows: Press and hold the window raise button for 0.5 seconds on the driver side control panel, and then let go of your hand , the winders will rise to the top. Operate the window to go down the same way.”

Their spelling and grammar makes it even worse.

I don’t know if the option actually works for the “one-button” touch works for all four or if I’m troubleshooting something it can’t really do from the console and it’s working as expected.
“One-button lift all windows,” is referring to being able to raise each window with a touch of a button, not all the windows at once. Running up two windows at once draws enough current to pop a 15A fuse, all four would probably melt some wires. That’s why the module only does two at a time.

I think you can only do all 4 up/down via the keyfob combinations.
If you have Passive Entry, you can also use the exterior door handle switches.

Kevin

Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“One-button lift all windows,” is referring to being able to raise each window with a touch of a button, not all the windows at once. Running up two windows at once draws enough current to pop a 15A fuse, all four would probably melt some wires. That’s why the module only does two at a time.

Kevin
Thank you!

sblaine

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys - Red
Occupation
Security Alarms
Installed mine tonight. Love it!

JimThe4th

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Kevin
if you are sitting in your Jeep without the vehicle on, you can also use the lock/unlock button on the inside of the door

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Hooked mine up today and it worked at first. Then suddenly wasn’t. Found my Aux 12 Volt 10 amp fuse under the hood popped. Yes I hooked it up to the red with white strip wire on the aux Harness on the passenger side firewall.
I guess it popped when I was trying to hit each button at the same time. Any suggestions on another wire inside that will work? Or can someone tell me or show pics where to put wire through the firewall on the passenger side?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The module needs a 20A feed. I hooked mine to the, “Cigarette lighter,” (aux. power) and it has a 20A fuse.

Kevin
Sponsored