First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
When I bought my TJ ( June2020) the dealer had a base sport, with no extras. I took mine in for a warranty issue and t base sport was in the shop getting a lift 35 tires and some bling . They added 18 K to the price and sold it in a week. Never underestimate what some people will pay.
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
When I bought my TJ ( June2020) the dealer had a base sport, with no extras. I took mine in for a warranty issue and t base sport was in the shop getting a lift 35 tires and some bling . They added 18 K to the price and sold it in a week. Never underestimate what some people will pay.
That brings up an interesting question (to me). How quickly can an experienced technician (or two) with access to a lift, air gun, and all the appropriate tools install a lift kit? 1/4 or 1/3 of the book time?

Bang for your buck wise
in terms of what you’ve got your folks tasked to do
that has got to be one heck of a money maker.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
If someone is willing to pay for it, why not? Some folks want a 100% capable mall crawler right off the lot.
Exactly! Know one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy it! If we would stop buying these overpriced market adjustments then prices would come down. But no! People are willing to waste money like nothing these days! Amazing

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Are you buying it? No? Then why do you care?

This is a literal nothing-burger thread. Hell, you can't even complain about the price until you actually see what was done to the vehicle itself. You posted a quick-n-dirty summary with zero detail or reference.
Sorry, next time I’ll include the photos that show they didn’t do shüt. And what shit they did cost them wholesale around $4k.

next time I’ll hold your hand and spell out every detail because you can’t use your imagination or have no clue that dealers try shady shit to fleece buyers.

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The dealer posted it on Facebook market. It was an overland. Didn’t include the window sticker nor vin.

I went to find it and the listing is gone. Hope whoever bought it is enjoying it.

when I sold cars, friends would ask me if they got a good deal at xyz dealer. I’d ask, do you think you got a good deal? If they said “yes”, I’d tell them “well, you got a good deal then.”

—even if they got screwed on some part of the deal

Sponsored

DecderMjT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door
You should come to Puerto Rico, where JT Willys comes with sport trim dueler tires, and stealerships asking $59,995 for them. Thats before insurance and licence plates, etc...

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
We have a local used jeep dealer. They mostly buy ex rentals and put as much rough country and dv8 stuff on as they can and sell them all day for $60-$75k. There are a lot of people with more money than sense and I’m thoroughly convinced they’re the reason the wrangler is consistently rated among the worst on consumer reports.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Sorry, next time I’ll include the photos that show they didn’t do shüt. And what shit they did cost them wholesale around $4k.

next time I’ll hold your hand and spell out every detail because you can’t use your imagination or have no clue that dealers try shady shit to fleece buyers.
Some people get defensive when people on here point out the dealers trying to be crooks. I am not sure why though. If you heard a contractor was over charging senior citizens or something, I doubt people would say well that old moron is willing to pay it, so screw them lol... The buy it or dont attitude sucks for people who are working class or even worse off who need a vehicle. And not buying and waiting is not going to do anything to the market. The price of gas and the price of vehicles is never going to come down. I promise.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
The dealer posted it on Facebook market. It was an overland. Didn’t include the window sticker nor vin.

I went to find it and the listing is gone. Hope whoever bought it is enjoying it.

when I sold cars, friends would ask me if they got a good deal at xyz dealer. I’d ask, do you think you got a good deal? If they said “yes”, I’d tell them “well, you got a good deal then.”

—even if they got screwed on some part of the deal
Yup. Just gotta smile and say “nice deal.” đŸ’©

That being said, some of the most interesting threads
to me
are the folks that ask if something was a good deal after a purchase. They’re obviously just wanting some kind of affirmation, but if you had some doubt
why not ask ahead of time? There’s usually at least one person that’s going to be able to chime in and say “you can get it cheaper at ’X’ dealer.”

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Some people get defensive when people on here point out the dealers trying to be crooks. I am not sure why though. If you heard a contractor was over charging senior citizens or something, I doubt people would say well that old moron is willing to pay it, so screw them lol... The buy it or dont attitude sucks for people who are working class or even worse off who need a vehicle. And not buying and waiting is not going to do anything to the market. The price of gas and the price of vehicles is never going to come down. I promise.
I believe that all of the comments to this effect are in regards to the pimped out/off-road bling. ”Working class” folks on a budget are likely not the ones ponying up $10k+ for bolt-ons.

I don’t think anyone condones the BS pricing on base-vehicles that’s happening of late. I.e. I had to drive an hour and a half to find a acceptable (to me) deal on my JTR.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I believe that all of the comments to this effect are in regards to the pimped out/off-road bling. ”Working class” folks on a budget are likely not the ones ponying up $10k+ for bolt-ons.

I don’t think anyone condones the BS pricing on base-vehicles that’s happening of late. I.e. I had to drive an hour and a half to find a acceptable (to me) deal on my JTR.
I agree with you. But depending on where you live its hard to find a decent cheap vehicle that doesnt have some sort of dealer add on, or even a decently price used vehicle. I am sure its different all over the country though.

dos0711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Good old "Market Adjustment" haha

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
Not sure where I saw it, but there's an old Dutch proverb that says "The worth of a thing, is what it will bring."
Sponsored