First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Can the AFE CAI be used with the AEV snorkel in combination?
Sponsored

Last edited:

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
I been calling AEV for the pass 3 months and it is on back order ,
we’re can I get one.?

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
I talked to AEV this morning and they have another batch of them coming in towards the end of July.

I also asked if there was any chance this was going to be a one and one part and I should try and source it or miss out on it and he said no, they will have multiple batches coming up and with the order already in for the next batch to arrive end of next month.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
WOW…. I call in May and they (AEV) to call on end of June.
the same thing.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
WOW…. I call in May and they (AEV) to call on end of June.
the same thing.
That's not encouraging to hear, hopefully this isn't a reoccurring theme and when we call in July they won't tell us August. I should have snagged one right when they launched, but had other car projects that came first at the time.

Sponsored

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
I think this is one and one part , because jeep is killing the diesel. So is a issue of demand and supply, AEV don’t want to stock with some parts they can’t move.

Z16DNA

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rivian R1S, '22 JTRD, '04 Corv ZO6, '95 T/A
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't believe you'll see them any time soon. AEV is still working on resolving the CEL P04DB errors.

I've had an open "Case #" with AEV on this since Feb 16th, and I check with them via phone at least every two weeks. Their engineering has not come up with a fix for the 2021 and later vehicles. There is a TSB out, but it only covers 2020 vehicles; can not be loaded on later vehicles. As of 4/06 my case was escalated to the "management group" Still no resolution. At one point some were installing the mushroom cover; but even AEV suggests against this now, as per their tech support.

I have no idea how many other open cases for this issue they have; I haven't asked

I've asked Shawn to make updates here on this; but as yet I don't believe he has information to update. So don't think you'll see them any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Amazing AEV has this issue and it isn't fixed by now. Not what I expected from them.

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
I don't believe you'll see them any time soon. AEV is still working on resolving the CEL P04DB errors.

I've had an open "Case #" with AEV on this since Feb 16th, and I check with them via phone at least every two weeks. Their engineering has not come up with a fix for the 2021 and later vehicles. There is a TSB out, but it only covers 2020 vehicles; can not be loaded on later vehicles. As of 4/06 my case was escalated to the "management group" Still no resolution. At one point some were installing the mushroom cover; but even AEV suggests against this now, as per their tech support.

I have no idea how many other open cases for this issue they have; I haven't asked

I've asked Shawn to make updates here on this; but as yet I don't believe he has information to update. So don't think you'll see them any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Amazing AEV has this issue and it isn't fixed by now. Not what I expected from them.
They told me there are three orders in the process of being built and one should be done soon. The issue is not an issue if you run the pre-filter, so who cares?

Z16DNA

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
This could be great news, sounds like you have a work around? Care you share how your pre-filter configuration works?

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
This could be great news, sounds like you have a work around? Care you share how your pre-filter configuration works?
The "mushroom cover" is the AEV pre -filter.

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
The optional AEV pre-filter reportedly does not result in CEL Codes like the standard intake "horn" does.

Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel 1687193639099

Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel 1687193754482

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
The optional AEV pre-filter reportedly does not result in CEL Codes like the standard intake "horn" does.

This has been my experience. I have had my snorkel on with the pre-filter for nearly half a year now, and have experienced no issues from the Jeep.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
This is discussed quite a bit earlier in this very thread. Like, for pages. As well as the EVAP codes. Just scroll back a bit.

Worth pointing out the pre-filter is not an AEV product, although they do sell it. The pre-filter is produced by Sy-Klone and available through many vendors.

Z16DNA

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Was hoping you weren't talking about the Sy-Klone pre-filter. According to AEV they do not recommend using the Sy-Klone pre-filter. Call and talk to Shawn.

I'm personally not a fan of the mushroom look; but if people want to pay the additional $243.00 on top of the AEV snorkel price so be it. $932.00 is an expensive snorkel set up to be sure.

It's not a "fix" for the CEL code. So far there isn't one, well except 2020 model diesels, there is a TSB that is said to cover that year. I believe this is why AEV has shown them out of stock since early Feb; there's probably a sales hold on them.

6 months is a long time for this issue to be hanging out here in the wild. There needs to be a fix; or perhaps there isn't going to be one? That's a scary thought. I know I'm tired of the "horn" being turned around and the sucking sound. When it's facing forward you don't hear it at all. Countless people ask me about it.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Was hoping you weren't talking about the Sy-Klone pre-filter. According to AEV they do not recommend using the Sy-Klone pre-filter. Call and talk to Shawn.

I'm personally not a fan of the mushroom look; but if people want to pay the additional $243.00 on top of the AEV snorkel price so be it. $932.00 is an expensive snorkel set up to be sure.

It's not a "fix" for the CEL code. So far there isn't one, well except 2020 model diesels, there is a TSB that is said to cover that year. I believe this is why AEV has shown them out of stock since early Feb; there's probably a sales hold on them.

6 months is a long time for this issue to be hanging out here in the wild. There needs to be a fix; or perhaps there isn't going to be one? That's a scary thought. I know I'm tired of the "horn" being turned around and the sucking sound. When it's facing forward you don't hear it at all. Countless people ask me about it.
Is this a new reason that they're not recommending it, or is it the same initial reason? When the snorkel first went on sale they didn't recommend the Sy-Klone because they hadn't tested it. Which is ironic, because it would seem they didn't do adequate testing on the scoop either.

When I was one of the first to install the snorkel and report the code issue to them they sold me one of the Sy-Klones at cost to test. I already had it on order from another vendor and canceled that order to get the discounted one from AEV. It's been problem free for me, and others, so I'm wondering if this is anything new.

The Sy-Klone filter can be had for under $200 from other vendors with a coupon code. Still pricy, I will not doubt that one bit. But for a lot of us the pre-filter was the plan all along so it was always baked into the price.

I do agree there should be a fix, to leave anybody hanging is unacceptable. I hadn't realized the PCM fix was limited to one model year. I'm a big fan of AEV but this is very disappointing.

As for the looks, that's definitely subjective. But the Sy-Klone pre-filter is industry proven and is objectively functional. I was just in the Outer Banks and all the diesel tractors and trucks clearing the dunes off the road: Sy-Klone equipped.
Sponsored

Last edited: