JT Diesel Snorkel

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I almost hate to write this, because confirmation bias, the placebo effect, etc. Also, I haven’t driven it much since the install this afternoon, but it feels like it drives better. Like it’s got more pep. It’s probably nothing, but, I never liked the stock snout sealed up against the hood. That never made sense to me. And after driving any distance and opening the hood it’s like opening up a blast furnace. It’s definitely getting cooler air to the engine now.
Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I almost hate to write this, because confirmation bias, the placebo effect, etc. Also, I haven’t driven it much since the install this afternoon, but it feels like it drives better. Like it’s got more pep. It’s probably nothing, but, I never liked the stock snout sealed up against the hood. That never made sense to me. And after driving any distance and opening the hood it’s like opening up a blast furnace. It’s definitely getting cooler air to the engine now.
I agree completely

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live

Zach32

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Extremely disappointed with how AEV is handling this. I ordered the snorkel the day they were available on the website. I received it within a week and had it on within 2 weeks of ordering it. Of all the companies that make aftermarket items I thought they would have tested this item. If they had at all they would have seen the CEL issue from this. I got it on my first drive over 35 MPH. Contacted them multiple times with updates. Have been told they would contact me back and haven't received a phone call from them yet. It's a shame you have to cut your hood for this product because if I hadn't had cut it this would already be removed.

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Extremely disappointed with how AEV is handling this. I ordered the snorkel the day they were available on the website. I received it within a week and had it on within 2 weeks of ordering it. Of all the companies that make aftermarket items I thought they would have tested this item. If they had at all they would have seen the CEL issue from this. I got it on my first drive over 35 MPH. Contacted them multiple times with updates. Have been told they would contact me back and haven't received a phone call from them yet. It's a shame you have to cut your hood for this product because if I hadn't had cut it this would already be removed.
Same boat as you except I waited to install and I'm glad I did. The cutting into the hood and more importantly drilling into the a pillar made me hesitate. I guess now I'll just sell it.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
So they're not going to fix it? @Zach32 are you also running the sy-klone thing?
Could be that the amount they sold already offset the R&D & part cost, and they will kill the product and call it a day. Or they play the long game and do more R&D, fix the flow issue, or just ship the snorkel with the sy-klone and drop their pricing a bit since the sy-klone adds more than $200 on a $600+ snorkel, which is already pricey.

Zach32

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
So they're not going to fix it? @Zach32 are you also running the sy-klone thing?
Could be that the amount they sold already offset the R&D & part cost, and they will kill the product and call it a day. Or they play the long game and do more R&D, fix the flow issue, or just ship the snorkel with the sy-klone and drop their pricing a bit since the sy-klone adds more than $200 on a $600+ snorkel, which is already pricey.
I have had to call multiple times and they haven't said anything about fixing it, also not sure what they would do, maybe add baffles somewhere and send a new product to everyone that already has it. Apparently you can add the sy-klone and it fixes the issue, just a bit of a bummer I have to spend $250 more to fix AEV's product they are selling and knowing it is causing issues. I will probably avoid buying anything from them again for a couple reasons. One is they aren't doing a great job trying to remedy the issue, two that fact that I have to keep reaching out to him because the representatives are "busy". Its like once they sold they product and got the money they don't care about supporting it.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Yeah, that last part kinda sounds like an Aliexpress type of support, which is not ideal.
Sorry, you're going through this. Due to some circumstances, I did not buy one immediately and was waiting for the fix. If I ever want one, I'll weigh the decision knowing that the price is whatever they ask + sy-klone and re-evaluate.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
Sorry to ask , but I am really lost. what it is really the issue. And how to fix it.

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Sorry to ask , but I am really lost. what it is really the issue. And how to fix it.
the issue is that that normal Ram air top on the snorkel is causing people to throw a code for I think too much air flow? I think the code is supposed to alert you to your air filter missing if you forgot to put it back in. The Ram air effect causes the airflow to trigger this code. You can solve this by turning the ram air scoop 180 degrees so it draws rear facing, or get the pre filter which eliminates the Ram air effect entirely.

Honestly not sure why some of y’all are getting so bent out of shape over this, there are three known fixes now between turning the ram around, using a cy-clone, and getting the computer flash from Jeep.

RoninJT

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/2023 Gladiator Rubicon order
Occupation
Nurse
the issue is that that normal Ram air top on the snorkel is causing people to throw a code for I think too much air flow? I think the code is supposed to alert you to your air filter missing if you forgot to put it back in. The Ram air effect causes the airflow to trigger this code. You can solve this by turning the ram air scoop 180 degrees so it draws rear facing, or get the pre filter which eliminates the Ram air effect entirely.

Honestly not sure why some of y’all are getting so bent out of shape over this, there are three known fixes now between turning the ram around, using a cy-clone, and getting the computer flash from Jeep.
Seriously. They’ve already issued the fix and people are still on here crying about it. If you haven’t installed it and don’t want it, sell it. If you have, there’s a fix. I’ve had it for a while and have had zero issues with it and have driven it thousands of miles on multiple terrains in multiple weather conditions. But people will buy an overly priced lightbar that they’ll use once a year at most.
Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel _70A9863

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Seriously. They’ve already issued the fix and people are still on here crying about it. If you haven’t installed it and don’t want it, sell it. If you have, there’s a fix. I’ve had it for a while and have had zero issues with it and have driven it thousands of miles on multiple terrains in multiple weather conditions. But people will buy an overly priced lightbar that they’ll use once a year at most.
Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel _70A9863
The flash doesn't always fix it plus only for certain years so for some you have to pay for that flash.

Turning the intake around can cause engine damage in certain circumstances. Improperly setting it up is not a fix, it's a band-Aid.

Having to buy another expensive part to make an already expensive piece is also unacceptable. Plus I personally don't like the mushroom look.

On top of all of this, none of it was advertised of needing anything else. I thought higher of AEV...learned my lesson.

Glad you aren't having problems but many others are.

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
The flash doesn't always fix it plus only for certain years so for some you have to pay for that flash.

Turning the intake around can cause engine damage in certain circumstances. Improperly setting it up is not a fix, it's a band-Aid.

Having to buy another expensive part to make an already expensive piece is also unacceptable. Plus I personally don't like the mushroom look.

On top of all of this, none of it was advertised of needing anything else. I thought higher of AEV...learned my lesson.

Glad you aren't having problems but many others are.
Engine damage?

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Has anyone actually had the 18-003-23 update done?
Sponsored