Sponsored

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I wonder the # of Tacoma defectors are like me. We were going to get a Tacoma until we found out the ridiculous ADM.

Colorado doesn't have a sunroof and the design hasn't aged well (imo). Ranger is overpriced and mis-packaged (imo). Frontier is a non-starter. That leaves the Tacoma and the Gladiator.

Good thing is there are Gladiators on the lots. No so for Tacomas.
I'm one of those Tacoma defectors. I owned one too, sold it and was in the market for a second one, but I felt as if I was expected to beg and kiss some dealership a__ to buy one. Not my thing.

I liked my Tacoma, but I like the Jeep about 3x better. No comparison.
Sponsored

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
I'm not sure how jeep is doing it but both dealerships in town have inventory and their lots seem reasonably full. The Ford, Chevy and Toyota dealerships are almost empty.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I'm not sure how jeep is doing it but both dealerships in town have inventory and their lots seem reasonably full. The Ford, Chevy and Toyota dealerships are almost empty.
It would be interesting to find out, but they are handling the current manfacturing climate incredibly well. My hat's off to them. I expect that right now they are getting MANY conquest sales because of it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing here - the Chevy lots are pretty slim pickin's but the closest Jeep dealership has a new batch of Gladiators on the lot and they sure are beautiful sitting there.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thereā€™s a couple guys over there on the Bronco forum that seem almost nuts with hatred for the gladiator. Whenever anyone complains about Ford not getting the Bronco out, they are quick to point out ā€˜these trying timesā€™ and how all manufacturers are having big problems, but itā€™s just crickets when anyone mentions how quickly people are getting gladiator orders filled. lol
Iā€™ve still got my bronco order, but some of the rabid Jeep hate over there makes me want to distance myself from that whole environment. Iā€™m all for competition between brands because itā€™s great for the purchaser, but Iā€™m just not into the rabid fanboy-ism. Other than that, itā€™s a great forum and Iā€™ve learned quite a bit there.
Go check out Tacomaworld for fanboys.
Same thing here - the Chevy lots are pretty slim pickin's but the closest Jeep dealership has a new batch of Gladiators on the lot and they sure are beautiful sitting there.
Better to see on the trails, but I do enjoy looking at the ones on the lots.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Go check out Tacomaworld for fanboys.

Better to see on the trails, but I do enjoy looking at the ones on the lots.
No trails here so you have to be satisfied seeing Jeeps on the lots or at the grocery store.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Drove six hours yesterday from SoCal to the Central Valley. Eyes peeled the entire trip. One Gladiator! Literally dozens of Wranglers. Driving around Visalia this morning I have seen five Gladiators.
Going out Tuesday morning to some of the surrounding towns and cities to see what they have to offer. Still waiting on the MY2022 options to be released but if I stumble upon the right build I may see how bad they want to rid their self of it.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My wife and I are both finally seeing more Gladiators out in the wild. We counted only 7 on the whole trip back from Colorado Springs to home last month, was disappointing, Jeeps in total we counted well over 500 on the trip back home. Mostly Grand Cherokee and Wranglers of various flavors.
Must be a regional/location thing. I see 5-10 a day! There are 4 in our small town (including mine). My wife and I spent the weekend wheeling in the San Juans and saw several Gladiators on Engineer Pass. We were also stopped by a few curious Wrangler owners who were interested in the Gladiator but worried they wouldn't be able to do things like Engineer Pass. (Which really was not very hard and the Gladiator did fine.)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Must be a regional/location thing. I see 5-10 a day! There are 4 in our small town (including mine). My wife and I spent the weekend wheeling in the San Juans and saw several Gladiators on Engineer Pass. We were also stopped by a few curious Wrangler owners who were interested in the Gladiator but worried they wouldn't be able to do things like Engineer Pass. (Which really was not very hard and the Gladiator did fine.)
Yes, for sure. This is farm country. No trails, no cliffs (except near the rivers on either side).
Those who buy trucks here are either just lovers of pickups, or, and this is the vast majority - they are farmers or contractors and need heavy-duty big work trucks that on a regular basis haul 2,000 pounds and haul an 8,000 pound enclosed job trailer.

Of those, Chevy is the clear winner in Iowa.

I can drive to and through Des Moines and back home east of DSM and not see any, or I might see a couple.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I would ask how many are left on lots. If they didnā€™t have the Colorados or Rangers to sell people due to the chip shortage then itā€™s not really comparable too.
Locally here in NY the vehicle with greatest inventory on my local Ford lot is the Ranger. They have 8, compared to 3 F150s and no 250s. This is a dealer that would normally have 50+ F150s. No idea what price they are demanding, but they have more to sell by far than the local Jeep dealer- no gladiators currently. The Gladiators seem to last about a week when they come in.

Sponsored

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
I can see people choosing tacomas over gladiator for liability concern or beliefs that it will last long

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I can see people choosing tacomas over gladiator for liability concern or beliefs that it will last long
yeah, and people not looking objectively, too.

I see a whole lot of Unlimiteds (and a handful of Gladiators) in my area, and I have friends that have them, from a 2012 to 2018. I know of someone who's 2.0L blew up (unmodded), but I'm not 100% that wasn't user error knowing whose Jeep it was.

There might be issues that the brand/model is notorious for (VW MKIV Golf, for example), but nothing that would make you go "nope, Toyota all the way." We can't forget Toyota gave us the uncontrollable accelerator a few years ago.

Jeep, sadly, is tainted by the overall CDJR family reliability. I hear of more issues from them than from Jeeps.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
With these sales numbers, maybe, just maybe, someone will make a cage style tail light protector now.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
With these sales numbers, maybe, just maybe, someone will make a cage style tail light protector now.
When you throw it in reverse, the sensors will start to beep as you approach something. The sensors will beep faster the closer you get to an object. A solid beep means you have 1-3" before you will contact the object.

Therefore, with proper understanding of backup sensors and their notifications, you can avoid backing into things and damaging your tail lights, eliminating the need for added weight of light cages.

šŸ˜œ
Kidding! Just being a smart ass.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
In all seriousness, when I took mine out to the land I hunt turkey on, it beeped pretty much the entire time every time I was in reverse. I think a tall blade of grass is enough to set the sensor off. But I won't lie and say part of my desire for these is that I think they look nice and every 3rd Wrangler I see has them.
Sponsored