Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Gosh you guys are right. I just ran through the website at Discount Tire Direct where I always buy tires and I just put in 33x12.50R18 as a quick example and not only does a set of FOUR start at $1,400 and go up from there, but the selection is also less now with some tires showing backorder.

Good grief.. yet another thing we're not going to be able to get.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
This is what happens when you shut down the worlds workforce. I’m not anticovid and all that but it’s a simple math problem. Less people working and less time open equals the stuff we dealing with today. This is why the government should not try to manage the economy. It’s making my job hell btw.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnta...theres-just-central-planning/?sh=7bff3d111479
True to your point, but the Forbes article suggests there is no supply shortage, which I will disagree. All the ships waiting at sea do have some supplies but are unable to get to shore, thus that is creating a shortage.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
When possible Craigslist can be your friend.

Sponsored

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
True to your point, but the Forbes article suggests there is no supply shortage, which I will disagree. All the ships waiting at sea do have some supplies but are unable to get to shore, thus that is creating a shortage.
seems like everything I need at work right now is sitting on a boat and can’t get to port. It’s a damn shame.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
The whole reason I'm in a JT now is because my Ram was 8+ years old and I didn't want to risk not being able to get parts to keep it going should they (the electric parts) fail, which they inevitably will, especially in Texas heat. Supply chain is seeing significant increases in prices for manufacturors, and those prices (in my industry anyway) have not yet been passed through fully - though I'm certain that is coming soon. At a minimum 20%, because the big fabs (TSMC, Global Foundries, etc.) are increasing their rates by that much. Other shortages (labor, packaging, plastics, etc.) are driving their portion of the bill of materials higher. Then add on fuel prices, and the shipping cost increases as well, you're looking at big bumps in final landed costs.

The late 70's / start of 80's had core inflation measured at something like 14%. It also had interest rates about 20%. Today's inflation levels as currently published are about 5%, with interest rates super low. Low interest + high inflation means cash is losing value at a ludicrous rate, yet betting on the stock market feels riskier every moment. (You can go down a deep rabbit hole looking at inflation calculations, etc. if you want at ShadowStats which attempts to use historical CPI calculation methods instead of the ever changing official government models, which are tuned to make, well, things look better than they are.)

Instead of continuing down this path of thinking and post, making it more of a nightmare and rant - I'll just say, dang, maybe I should get some tires now too. :)

Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Bought Ko2’s in March for $370 each now they are at $425 each. Prices at Costco.
Glad I bought my tires and Jeep when I did!
Yes-- they are up and down and all over the place right now. Mopar Tire Group is running a promo right now, buy 3, get the 4th for $1.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Don't kid yourself. The red bastards are in on it also.
It's like people think that if we had a republican in office it would be any better. We would still be in the same situation with supply chain issues and the national debt issue as well... it wouldn't matter if we had ANYONE else in office, we'd still be facing inflation and the same supply chain issues.

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
It's like people think that if we had a republican in office it would be any better. We would still be in the same situation with supply chain issues and the national debt issue as well... it wouldn't matter if we had ANYONE else in office, we'd still be facing inflation and the same supply chain issues.
Better? Maybe not, but a different administration might be focused on making the economy better instead of worse by spending a few trillion more that we have to borrow, or driving energy prices up with policy decisions, or giving illegals 450k each for crashing our borders.
None of those actions are going to move us in a positive direction, and I could easily cite a few dozen more bad ideas coming from the DC brain trust.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
The whole reason I'm in a JT now is because my Ram was 8+ years old and I didn't want to risk not being able to get parts to keep it going should they (the electric parts) fail, which they inevitably will, especially in Texas heat. Supply chain is seeing significant increases in prices for manufacturors, and those prices (in my industry anyway) have not yet been passed through fully - though I'm certain that is coming soon. At a minimum 20%, because the big fabs (TSMC, Global Foundries, etc.) are increasing their rates by that much. Other shortages (labor, packaging, plastics, etc.) are driving their portion of the bill of materials higher. Then add on fuel prices, and the shipping cost increases as well, you're looking at big bumps in final landed costs.

The late 70's / start of 80's had core inflation measured at something like 14%. It also had interest rates about 20%. Today's inflation levels as currently published are about 5%, with interest rates super low. Low interest + high inflation means cash is losing value at a ludicrous rate, yet betting on the stock market feels riskier every moment. (You can go down a deep rabbit hole looking at inflation calculations, etc. if you want at ShadowStats which attempts to use historical CPI calculation methods instead of the ever changing official government models, which are tuned to make, well, things look better than they are.)

Instead of continuing down this path of thinking and post, making it more of a nightmare and rant - I'll just say, dang, maybe I should get some tires now too. :)
I’ve started moving some of my investments over to crypto. I fully believe you are right and it will be the future of currency.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.