Key Fob Mod

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
I guess I’m the only one who fidgets with the pop out key in my jacket pocket, while I’m waiting in line for stuff...open-closed-open-closed… lol.
I do wish it was smaller though, and these aftermarket options look good. Might have to try one. And get a fidget spinner or something for standing in line.

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
There are quite a few nice key fob replacements here and I almost pulled the trigger on one. I ended up just taking the key part out of the fob to resolve the most annoying part of the key fob, when it unlocks in your pocket and stabs you in the leg. The key fob is still larger than it needs to be so if that is a problem you want to fix, you will want to go with one of the after market key fob replacements.

If you want to do it yourself, just follow the AJT instructions (yes, that is what I was going to buy) and stop when you've removed the key and re-assemble the key fob. I put the key on my key ring in case I ever want it. It was a no-cost and easy mod.

KeyFob1.jpg
KeyFob2.jpg
I just kind of stretch a rubber band across the gap and close the key on it, then trim the rubber short. Holds the key in place until I need it again, which is rare.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are quite a few nice key fob replacements here and I almost pulled the trigger on one. I ended up just taking the key part out of the fob to resolve the most annoying part of the key fob, when it unlocks in your pocket and stabs you in the leg. The key fob is still larger than it needs to be so if that is a problem you want to fix, you will want to go with one of the after market key fob replacements.

If you want to do it yourself, just follow the AJT instructions (yes, that is what I was going to buy) and stop when you've removed the key and re-assemble the key fob. I put the key on my key ring in case I ever want it. It was a no-cost and easy mod.

KeyFob1.jpg
KeyFob2.jpg
I went with Gibson's fob cover, fixed the problem and added a little style

Sponsored

OP
OP

Derby

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Database Administrator
Amazing, this is at least the fourth thread whining about the key fob. I wonder how many dozens of pages THIS one will get to?
To help clear this up for you, whining is an adjective describing someone who is complaining in an annoying way. This post was about resolving the key fob issue. In simple terms, a resolution is not the same thing as whining.

Grade school lesson over

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
someone who is complaining in an annoying way.
I didn't know that. I always used it more neutral. But you are right, the keyfob whiners are definitely doing it in an annoying way, and also funny to laugh at. Good point.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod fob-jpg-

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I took care of it with a rubber band months ago. No more problems…

Sponsored

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2012 300, 08 Scion XB, 03 F350, 65 Cuda,
Occupation
Retired Auto Mechanic/Machine Technician/Engineer
If you really think about it, FCA was looking out for our safety when designing the fob knowing that we travel in far off and isolated areas. :)

Think about it for a second, It opens nicely in our pockets with the press of a button, (OK, so sometimes unwarranted, I'll give you that), has a large enough handle to firmly grab and wrap your hand around, yet is still small enough so that you can withdraw it from your pocket quickly and stealthily enabling you to stab that bastard in the eye who sneaks up behind to rob you as you enter your vehicle.

It's really a legal swtichblade, just in disguise. I'm keeping mine! :stop:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Amazing, this is at least the fourth thread whining about the key fob. I wonder how many dozens of pages THIS one will get to?

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod fob-jpg-
Your shackle is too big.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I got the silicone covers from Amazon and so far they have curbed the issue for me. The button is recessed so it won’t get pushed in my pocket. There’s so many places to use the key that I want to have it available. Glove box, console, back seats and under seat storage. I still feel like I’m carrying an 80’s garage door opener tho LOL
Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 9BA637F4-8D3C-408F-8B12-62EA5F81DCC0
Sponsored