LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
STILL waiting for my SV4's from HR, but just saw this and thought some folks might be interested... new reverse LED's....

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
STILL waiting for my SV4's from HR, but just saw this and thought some folks might be interested... new reverse LED's....

Holy big reverse bulb, awesome! but damn $90,
https://headlightrevolution.com/2019-jeep-gladiator-jt-led-reverse-bulbs-1000-lumen/
and the other lights, https://headlightrevolution.com/2019-jeep-gladiator-jt-led-rear-turn-signal-upgrade-kit/

i think i'm just going to rock my $15 amazon ones. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FHNZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i don't think those other bulbs will be $75 better.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, IDK. But I ordered em lol.

Should have all my lights swapped out with LED's by Tuesday. :)

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
i put the DRL in over the weekend and it keeps saying my turn signal lights are out. did i put it in the wrong spot or should i flip the bulb around? it still flashes normally and everything it just says i have bulbs out.

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So I have a max tow sport S with the separate DRL and turn signals. I bought all 4 bulbs from Oracle, I plugged them in annnnnnnnnnd nothing. No turn signals, no DRL, nothing. Do I need the tazer to change the setting? I thought they would work but hyper flash, but they haven’t lit up at all.

Sponsored

hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
So I have a max tow sport S with the separate DRL and turn signals. I bought all 4 bulbs from Oracle, I plugged them in annnnnnnnnnd nothing. No turn signals, no DRL, nothing. Do I need the tazer to change the setting? I thought they would work but hyper flash, but they haven’t lit up at all.
I dont know about the oracles, but the amazon lights worked just fine on my Max Tow. No tazer required. I do have the rear LEDs with blind spot sensors, though.

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I dont know about the oracles, but the amazon lights worked just fine on my Max Tow. No tazer required. I do have the rear LEDs with blind spot sensors, though.
I would assume since you have LED tails your system was changed to accommodate that from factory

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yeah, IDK. But I ordered em lol.

Should have all my lights swapped out with LED's by Tuesday. :)
Sweet, please let me know how you like those reverse bulbs.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey did your LED's plug in tight to the connector for the reverse lights? I tried a couple of bulbs from Amazon but they lacked having any kind of locking tab on the connector end of the bulb that plugs into the wiring harness connector so the bulbs would just fall out.
I hope what I just said makes sense lol

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet, please let me know how you like those reverse bulbs.
Sooooo, slightly disappointed with Headlight Revolution right now. My first order with them was for the heads and fogs. I ordered the same bulbs as @WXman and that order was on B/O for a month. When they finally arrived, the heads worked great. Got them installed yesterday and working perfectly. But, the fogs don't fit. The collar is too big and won't allow the bulb to fully "seat" into the housing. Called HR, they honestly sounded like they had heard of this happening and said they would send me the correct bulbs. So I am now awaiting those.

Fast forward to today, received my reverse and turn/brake lights. Got the brake lights in, no issues at all. But the reverse bulbs don't fit. The square connector on the bulb they sent me is way too big for the circular connector on the housing. So now I am waiting for HR to call me back and see how they are going to handle this one. The bulbs that fit work great, just frustrating to get two sets of wrong bulbs. :(

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
So have stock sport s lighting, I was flashed at least 6 times driving to and from Michigan driving on country roads without high beams on.

What's the deal? Is it cuz the halogens are bright, not aimed properly?
I have the LED package and i get flashed all the time by oncoming drivers...and not in the good way!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sooooo, slightly disappointed with Headlight Revolution right now. My first order with them was for the heads and fogs. I ordered the same bulbs as @WXman and that order was on B/O for a month. When they finally arrived, the heads worked great. Got them installed yesterday and working perfectly. But, the fogs don't fit. The collar is too big and won't allow the bulb to fully "seat" into the housing. Called HR, they honestly sounded like they had heard of this happening and said they would send me the correct bulbs. So I am now awaiting those.

Fast forward to today, received my reverse and turn/brake lights. Got the brake lights in, no issues at all. But the reverse bulbs don't fit. The square connector on the bulb they sent me is way too big for the circular connector on the housing. So now I am waiting for HR to call me back and see how they are going to handle this one. The bulbs that fit work great, just frustrating to get two sets of wrong bulbs. :(
That's odd. Mine popped right in exactly like the factory bulbs. Only change I had to make was inside the vehicle ECU. I turned on "LED" with the Tazer programmer to get the fogs to work properly.

Did you by chance watch their latest video on how to install those tail light bulbs? One of those was a bit unconventional, but it goes right in.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd. Mine popped right in exactly like the factory bulbs. Only change I had to make was inside the vehicle ECU. I turned on "LED" with the Tazer programmer to get the fogs to work properly.

Did you by chance watch their latest video on how to install those tail light bulbs? One of those was a bit unconventional, but it goes right in.
Yes, definitely watched the video; that is how I found out about the reverse bulbs. I think I even clicked the link from their video to their website to make the purchase. After re-watching the video today and freezing it on the part that shows the new LED reverse bulb, I compared it to what they sent me, it doesn't even look like the same bulb. And here is a picture of that connector from the new bulb next to where it is supposed to plug in to the OEM harness, no way it fits:

EDIT: HR called literally as I was hitting send. They saw these pictures in the email I sent them and said this was news to them. They thought all JT's had a standard bulb in non-LED models but apparently not. They are sending me some T15's same 1000 lumens. So, we shall see.

20191120_131029.jpg

20191120_131042.jpg

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another point of interest, here is the bulb they installed in the video and a photo of what was sent to me. They don't look the same, the bulb in the video looks shorter and stubby, mine is longer and has a metal sheath wrapped around it. I brought this to their attention several times but... idk.

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 2.39.41 PM.png

20191120_120159.jpg

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Quick question for the group! Just swapped out all my bulbs for LEDs... Used the supernovas in the headlights and the aforementioned alla fogs and DRLs from Amazon... I got out of my car tonight and noticed that my headlights seemed to have some fog in the lens now.... Anyone else have this happen?
Sponsored