Sponsored

Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires!

Golvach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Very nice! I have a almost the same setup...please make a separate thread with your thoughts concerning the 4.56.

Not sure how yours performs with the 3.73's for I see people say that they dont need rehearing no matter what size tire they go to and most are getting 5-6mpg per tank than I am....when I was stock and I tend to drive the speed limit I never got much better than 17mpg.

Really curious to know if you actually get to use 8th gear....at least a little. I haven't seen 8th gear since the day I added the 35's and lift. Plus, does your MPG change at all? Right now "winter", if I could break 15mpg it would be AWESOME, lol! Curious to hear what your rpms are at a given speed as well.

Im really wanting to regear mine, 4.56 are what Ive been considering.

Will do. I've got the 6spd manual, but I'm definitely having the same issue automatics are having after the lift and tires... there's just no power in 6th gear on the highway. I drive in a hilly area often and I'm having to downshift constantly. I have to keep the throttle completely open most of the time in 6th to maintain highway speed (and I often lose speed like this), and my gas mileage dropped from 18-21 down to 12-13. All my research, plus talks with other jeep owners and a local offroad shop, gave me the same conclusion: my 3.73 gears were designed to balance power and fuel efficiency with the stock tires in mind....but with bigger heavier tires, you need to regear IF your goal is to get keep performance similar to stock. Supposedly, the combination of 4.56 gears with the 35's I am using will get me closer to a stock rubicon set-up. But I guess I'll know the truth soon enough :fingerscrossed:

I'll try to take some before and after videos to post so others can see the change... I'm expecting the end result is that my gas mileage will be better than it is currently, but a little worse than stock. I'm also expecting my power on the highway in 5th and 6th to be much better than it is currently, and about the same as a stock rubicon or max-tow sport (both of which have the 4:10 gears.) We'll see what happens!
Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Okkkkaaaaayyyyy...really liking the look of this combo for my Rubicon. Here’s the million $$ question.

Thoughts on doing this in a 35” instead?

Just picked up today.

Lovin it.

-37 Nitto Trail Grabbers.
-Mopar 3 in. lift
-Mopar SlickLock Wheel in 17x8 with 4.4in Backspace (- 3mm offset)

677FE2E6-07D0-43E3-B24A-2C617F21D8B9.jpeg

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Okkkkaaaaayyyyy...really liking the look of this combo for my Rubicon. Here’s the million $$ question.

Thoughts on doing this in a 35” instead?
Well Im running the same setup with 35’s if you wanna check my build page.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sponsored

OrangeSlice

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pun'Kin Sport S
2020 Sport S 3.73

2.5/1.5 Skyjacker Level/Lift
Pro Comp Classic 69
Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 35X12.5X17

I had to back up for lighting in the picture, but still not the best. It is actually so bright here that it is causing shadows to look super dark. I had to take a closey of the wheel and tire since it is har to see. When Pro Comp advertised a matte black they were not joking. It is a few shades shy of that vynadium, or whatever it is called. The tires are a lighter shade of black than the wheels. How do they accomplish such a feat?

Anyway the shop had them aired up to 42 psi and they rode like bricks on the way home. No need for a chalk test. Pulled in the drive and the sand pattern was enough to show they were too high. The tires are aired them down to 38 to be closer to the recommended psi of 36. Worlds of difference in the ride. They are louder than the Falken At's. Hells to the yeah! Man I had forgotten how good MT's sound. Back in the mid 90's I did have a set of TSL Thornbirds on a Wrangler. It may get old after a while but I will enjoy the hummmmmmmm for now.

Reset the tire size (33.5 measured height). But that is it for now. So far I am more impressed than I thought I would be. To be honest I was scared due to some of the posts and reviews. However after 30 miles I am not unhappy with them. And that was my biggest worry. No one wants to drop, and lets be honest, 2k on a budget wheel/tire combo, and have their truck ride worse for it. The next step is to re-gear. I am not sure if I will be adding a rear locker or not. Just being honest I do not know if my use would honestly justify the cost. I do quite a bit of trail riding, but I am past the "I bet I can do...." days.

I have not had a chance to get it on the interstate yet. And there is a bit of apprehension to do that. Which is why I am holding onto my old set for a week or two before putting up for sale. Yes it will be getting re-geared in the next few months. However if it really is bad I can swap the tires out until I do the re-gear. There are plenty of posts and videos showing Jeepers going back down in tire size due to poor performance over bad ass looks. Just search for them nd you will find them. Post them up here when you do. We will be waiting :CWL:

Jeep Gladiator Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires! Pro Comp edit

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I got so much good information from this thread, and wanted to contribute now that I have lift and tires installed.

Mopar 2" lift with 3/4" Daystar spacer in front. Fifteen52 Analog HD 17" x 8.5" rims with 0 offset, and 285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (C Load Rating).

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg
Sponsored