Sponsored

Lets talk about bed covers

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I did the Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft cover, and ONLY because I found it locally on Craigslist for $160 (I think they retail for ~$375). Some guy bought the contents of a storage unit that had a slew of covers and I lucked out.

My verdict - it is lightweight, covers the bed well and keeps things dry (there's a seal around the entire edge, as it sits on top of the bed rails), can be easily removed by one person, and the install was quick and easy.

I did a bunch of research prior to purchasing, and just happened across this brand on Craigslist - again, I lucked out but am happy with its performance thus far.

Will go solid cover, though, after this one's useful life.
Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a Gator USA tonneau and it was phenomenal and high quality. Bought on Amazon before COVID, and ran it until last month when my Softopper came in.

Achenxx8

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I got the Access literider Roll-Up Tonneau Cover.
With this cover you still have the option to put on bed rack.
Good price and made in USA.
Autoanything might have the best price right now.

Sponsored

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
I did the Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft cover, and ONLY because I found it locally on Craigslist for $160 (I think they retail for ~$375). Some guy bought the contents of a storage unit that had a slew of covers and I lucked out.

My verdict - it is lightweight, covers the bed well and keeps things dry (there's a seal around the entire edge, as it sits on top of the bed rails), can be easily removed by one person, and the install was quick and easy.

I did a bunch of research prior to purchasing, and just happened across this brand on Craigslist - again, I lucked out but am happy with its performance thus far.

Will go solid cover, though, after this one's useful life.
I had this same cover on my Chevy Colorado. I didn’t have much faith in it at first but it was cheap and hard (things flapping in the wind bug the sh** out of me). However, it worked very well and the best part is it was super easy to remove and it doesn’t leave anything behind. Take it off in a minute and it’s like nothing was ever there. A really great option for people that only want a cover for occasional use. As for theft prevention, there are probably no covers that will prevent someone from getting into your truck bed if they really want to.
Jeep Gladiator Lets talk about bed covers image

Last edited:

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
These are very interesting discussions.

While I do like the roll up covers, does anyone have an issue that they are not lockable?

I am looking for a cover that can lock but it seems they are not practical if you need to haul larger items.

Thanks,
Steve
Since the opening mechanism for the cover is inside the truck bed area, as long as the tailgate is locked, so is the bed cover.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
Any pictures on fit etc.? Looks like it has cross bars as part of the cover that roll up with it? Velcro on the sides?
Thanks!
It has rails with velcro on the sides. The side rails stick up about 3/4" giving that much additional height to the inside of the bed. That is useful as my cooler would not fit under it otherwise. While flush mount covers look slick, the loss of height and water intrusion issues turned me off. There are 2 cross braces. They simply roll up with it when you roll it up. It can't be opened with the tailgate closed. I suppose a knife would work as a "key" though. I towed my track car to VIR this last weekend. The trip included rain. No water inside the bed. With tools, luggage, cooking equipment and coolers in the bed, I was in and out of it often. The roll up worked well.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I got the Access literider Roll-Up Tonneau Cover.
With this cover you still have the option to put on bed rack.
Good price and made in USA.
Autoanything might have the best price right now.
Any pictures of how it fits? This is one I am considering, thanks.

JVERA

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram RT, 2016 GC Summit, 2018 VW Beetle, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Power Plant CRO
I went with the the Undercover Ultra Flex and am happy with it so far.

131E8870-A8DA-4356-AD1E-C02DD4FDB30A.jpeg

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered the mopar hard tri-fold one from the factory when I ordered my truck. I'm happy with it. It keeps my stuff dry and is secure. Can remove whole thing by removing 2 bolts. My extent of hauling are my golf clubs, hockey bags, and fishing gear. I'm sure there are better ones out there but mine's good enough.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I got the Fas-top Travel Package. It includes both a tonneau and a folding soft topper, and is designed so both can be on the truck at the same time, and you put either up while the other is folded. That was the main selling point for me.

The tonneau is a roll-up type very similar to the Tyger one Gatorac describes. The topper is very similar to the Softopper by trade name. Both tonneau and topper lock at the tailgate.

The quality of materials asd manufacture is top-notch, and it functions very well. My main beef was the install instructions were horrible. Refers to parts by names no one except someone in the industry would know, and even left out some important steps. I eventually figured it out anyway.

I just looked on their website, and they have vastly improved the instructions.

Made in USA. I got mine when on sale for about $1100.

https://www.fas-top.com/Fas-Top-Travel-Package-p/ftt02.htm
Sponsored