Lift Combo

1. Gregbj33

Gregbj33 Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Wrangler
    Liked:
    Ok, so although I’m probably 4 weeks away from getting my Gladiator, im already in the planning stage. I was thinking about going with the RC 3.5” lift for roughly $500. But after seeing a bunch of glads with just the RC 2.5”, I’m now leaving that way. Only concern is some are saying it’s actually a little taller in the front. So will adding a 3/4” spacer in the back make sense. So for roughly $225 I get almost the same results as the 3.5”. I know on of the differences is the shocks, but the RC shocks don’t have much positives from what I’ve read, and can’t imagine sticking with the stock shocks being any issues. I love how the gladiator drives. Let me know your opinions.

2. Reasons

Reasons Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLU MOAB
    Liked:
    The RC 2.5" lift is only for the front though.

3. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle(s):
    '15 JK
    Liked:
    I've been considering that, or a 1.5" front level and .75" rear spacer until I settle on a final solution. I bought one of the first Tearflex lifts when they first came out for the JK, then a lot better options appeared a few months later. I regretted having locked in early...

4. LidLess07X

LidLess07X Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
    Liked:
    Daystar makes a nice 2” kit the includes the front and rear, keeps your factory shocks(extensions), and is less than $400. That Rough Country looks nose high to me. Not a fan

5. Reasons

Reasons Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLU MOAB
    Liked:
    That is because it is a front only lift.

6. OP
    OP
    Gregbj33

Gregbj33 Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Wrangler
    Liked:
    The nose high part is why I was thinking To also purchase the 3/4” rear spacer. I think that would either level the RC 2.5 or give a slight rake which is ok.

7. Yellow1098

Yellow1098 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
    Liked:
    I was going to start a thread with a question about this...I don't know all the options but I am still thinking of if I'm going to run 35's or 37's on my sport s max tow....I was thinking of if a 2inch ish lift would work for either of those? I know the mopar lift from my dealer is a lot of money $1500 and then I didn't know the RC was for the front only and don't want that....So what lift size do I need from which companies?.....and what would work for 35's and 37's? and do I need to get a leveling kit? if you just lift it will the nose be high? so much to learn

8. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle(s):
    '15 JK
    Liked:
    Choices are still pretty limited right now. Waiting a few months should allow for several more companies to get stuff to the market. I plan to do a spacer lift until more development occurs.