First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Fact check: True. Well, except the drinker part. It's ok to be wrong. No need to lash out at me.
nonono, I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong, here let me correct that:

It means a douchebag named Kyle from MD is a dick.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
nonono, I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong, here let me correct that:

It means a douchebag named Kyle from MD is a dick.
I mean, ok. You're not hurting my feelings. We get it. You don't like me and you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to spotting. Noted. Move on.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I mean, ok. You're not hurting my feelings. We get it. You don't like me and you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to spotting. Noted. Move on.
See, I don't NEED to move on.
I get it, you're a lawyer so you know not to carry a firearm and shine a deer.
I get it, it's not illegal in your back-assed redneck mind.
I get it, apparently you are always the alpha and not used to someone telling you that you're wrong. like your failure parents should have.
I get it, you want to shine a bright light at an animal to stun them so you can prove to your impressionable kids that you are superior.
I get it, that you are apparently a piece of shit that is too damn lazy to just walk your lazy ass out in a field to watch the wildlife and would prefer to chase bambie around in your damn truck so you don't get a bug bite or dirty your damn Birkenstocks.
I get it, that as an attorney, you need someone to prove something before you understand it.

I showed you options for your original question, I then made a statement to not be a douchebag, but you are a douchebag.
I said Shining Deer is bad. That's my opinion, You're a Dick, that is also my opinion.

dick.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
If you go spotting deer its your thing, the need to lash out is not needed or liked. We are adults and it is our responsibility to know what you can and can not do in your state. Fish an game all in force the laws to the state level some, like all people enforce harder than others your risk, your game. I know for fact our fish and game have no sense of humor, I mean go in the woods and face group of hunters with high power rifles and give one a hefty ticket. I have seen a game warden confiscate fire arm, truck, deer and even his clothing to his underwear, and cell phone because the Hunter got a little lippy. In Alabama if you play the game you had better do it by the law.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I need to update my advert. I will also accept a used LE with bullet holes in it for under 40K OTD. I will not ask why your LE is all shot up, unless it adds to provenance, ie, the owner of the truck walked back naked from Alabama to MD after running into someone singing country boy can survive at 11:01 PM. :CWL::CWL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
See, I don't NEED to move on.
I get it, you're a lawyer so you know not to carry a firearm and shine a deer.
I get it, it's not illegal in your back-assed redneck mind.
I get it, apparently you are always the alpha and not used to someone telling you that you're wrong. like your failure parents should have.
I get it, you want to shine a bright light at an animal to stun them so you can prove to your impressionable kids that you are superior.
I get it, that you are apparently a piece of shit that is too damn lazy to just walk your lazy ass out in a field to watch the wildlife and would prefer to chase bambie around in your damn truck so you don't get a bug bite or dirty your damn Birkenstocks.
I get it, that as an attorney, you need someone to prove something before you understand it.

I showed you options for your original question, I then made a statement to not be a douchebag, but you are a douchebag.
I said Shining Deer is bad. That's my opinion, You're a Dick, that is also my opinion.

dick.
:LOL::CWL::LOL::CWL: ... the best part of all of this is how wrong you are on everything. Just priceless humor, honestly.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Okay so once upon a time long back I knew an interesting couple, Julie and Julie who had a full size bronco with a weird swivel mount on the top where it crosses over.

Julie and Julie were some back up the holler girls with a taste for out of season deer and they had themselves a unique setup, a CMP M1 with a cross bar, one side had a flood lamp and the other a pencil beam and square in the middle was the male end of the swivel. One would drive and the other would man the turret. The flood to find and the pencil to fix and the truck to serve as a stable bench, up in the back on a tarp and away they went.

Jack lighting is bad, hunting from the truck is bad, deer out of season is bad; all thee is something else entirely.

The OP is talking about surveying the deer in the evening to get a feel for where to find them come dawn, do it enough and they won’t really care. The remote bow lights are handy if most of what you need to look at is t in line with the truck, my local utility guys run them on everything to look up at the poles etc, they throw a tight beam and have some range but he beam is very tight. If you are just looking to see them and can do so from the front of the truck I’d say pick something with a good wide flood beam, a traditional hella euro driving would give you a hot center with a good wide area around. The hella cornering is also a good choice, like a fog but no top cutoff, a big tall bar of light.

If and when we start seeing cab bars you could take 6 lamps of choice mounted full across and aimed at 30* relative and throw 180* of light across the front, hard to say you couldn’t see them then.

TravisH88

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S W/ Max Tow
I live in Maryland and my need for extra lights is basically non-existent. The LEDs are great and give me more than enough view of the road. That said, I'm a hunter. I mostly hunt in PA and we like to go spotting at night. I'd like to have some type of setup with the lights facing (or able to be turned) the side of the road so that I can see the deer as I drive around. Mostly, this will just help me stay warmer because then we don't have to stick a spotlight out the window. Thoughts on my idea? I have the Aux switch package, so it shouldn't be all that difficult to wire them up.

Suggestions for lights would be helpful as well.

I just had to click on this thread because I just finished my hunter safety course this weekend and I think I know what they were talking about now when they were mentioning things like ethics, fair chase, and doing what you feel is fair even though you might not technically be breaking any law. I’m no hunter yet I just liked reading that you don’t even want to roll down your window to shine a light because it’s too cold out there. Something tells me you won’t be venturing too far off that road once you do have your rifle on you.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I just had to click on this thread because I just finished my hunter safety course this weekend and I think I know what they were talking about now when they were mentioning things like ethics, fair chase, and doing what you feel is fair even though you might not technically be breaking any law. I’m no hunter yet I just liked reading that you don’t even want to roll down your window to shine a light because it’s too cold out there. Something tells me you won’t be venturing too far off that road once you do have your rifle on you.
I've never even killed a deer with a rifle. So, again, these asshat comments are not remotely helpful. 1. It gets really fucking cold in PA in November. 2. Your arm gets pretty tired sticking it high up out the window as you drive around. None of this has to do with ethics or fair chase. It doesn't even involve chasing and it is not discouraged or even close to the line of unethical in PA. When it gets dark at 5 o'clock and you don't have TV or internet at the camp, you go out and look at deer. I didn't start the tradition, but it's pretty fun, so I plan to keep doing it. As an aside, you're clearly not a hunter because the deer don't stand by the road in the middle of the day when you can hunt them. They go back in the woods. The idea is that you can get them somewhere along their traveled path at dawn or dusk. The same concept is used by hunters that place trail cams looking to see where the deer are and are traveling to and from.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Ethical delimas aside, were you able to find an a-pillar mount utility light that you can move from inside the cab? I have one on a side-by-side, Super Handy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Not yet

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Man this thread demonstrates what the internet has become lol! How many times does the OP have to say the same thing? It is a stranger across the country somewhere, help him or move on... I too am curious about a movable spot, for different reasons.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Yeah wow this got a bit out of hand. No need for fighting here. There's a lot of angry people in this world with a lot of problems I guess. Reminds me of this morning. In the right lane there was this guy in a Cadillac following 3 big dump trucks going very slow. He was right up on them. Then he starts swerving left trying to get into the left lane. I was in the left lane. It was slow going too and everyone was following each other very close. So he finally gets in 2 cars behind me when traffic spread apart some. The cars behind me get out of his way because he's following them really close and swerving. I find out when he's behind me that he's flipping me off and doing some other sign language i don't understand. The lady to my right that was behind me looks pretty freaked out. We all go through base security and I'm wondering if he's going to follow me or someone else to work. He seemed that irritated. He didn't, but man was that guy angry at everyone and of course, it has an effect on others.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
Definitely got a little out of hand, but ill add my 2 cents for the OP. On our place the best i have found are the hand held spot lights. They can be a little cumbersome at times but they are fast and a lot easier to control. Ethics aside they are great tools when doing surveys of deer population on your land and Hog and rabbit population control. We use them a lot on the exotic deer on our ranch because the Axis never come to the feeders and seem to bed down most of the day. Never use them on white tail. I understand some people have a problem with it, and that's fine, we all have opinions and honestly we are not going to change each others minds.

I don't have a good brand to recommend as for the hand held spot lights, i would just suggest finding some that are battery powered as they are less cumbersome than the plug in ones, and look at the reviews. don't go cheap.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Definitely got a little out of hand, but ill add my 2 cents for the OP. On our place the best i have found are the hand held spot lights. They can be a little cumbersome at times but they are fast and a lot easier to control. Ethics aside they are great tools when doing surveys of deer population on your land and Hog and rabbit population control. We use them a lot on the exotic deer on our ranch because the Axis never come to the feeders and seem to bed down most of the day. Never use them on white tail. I understand some people have a problem with it, and that's fine, we all have opinions and honestly we are not going to change each others minds.

I don't have a good brand to recommend as for the hand held spot lights, i would just suggest finding some that are battery powered as they are less cumbersome than the plug in ones, and look at the reviews. don't go cheap.
True. Battery powered ones probably are better than the corded ones we always use.
Sponsored