Sponsored

Live or Overlanded Alaska? Need Your Help!

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I am pretty sure that the mosquito is the official AK state bird. Prepare for bugs or you’ll be anemic before you leave.
We spent 2-1/2 weeks in Anchorage, Denali, Kenai, Seward, Juneau, and a few other places in August / September and we were well prepped with bug spray wipes, and amazingly we didn’t see a single mosquito. Not sure that is a typical experience, but it was ours.
Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
We’ll be there from the 6th-the 15th.
Thanks for the advice!
Of what month? I don't know if you knew this but Denali the town and park are closed as of now with no hard opening date. Passenger train service was discontinued until July except for a few pre determined days. If you're going in July I'd not worry about it but June might be iffy.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Of what month? I don't know if you knew this but Denali the town and park are closed as of now with no hard opening date. Passenger train service was discontinued until July except for a few pre determined days. If you're going in July I'd not worry about it but June might be iffy.
We are still planning on going to AK if the US/Canadian border opens up.
One of the places we hope to go to is Denali. As it stands now the park is closed until June 15th. We have reservations to spend a week there starting June 28th and am hoping things will be open by then...

Fingers crosses!

OP
OP
bangolia

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Of July. Sorry i forgot that part.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Denali Highway about 100 mi dirt road between Cantwell and the other end, i forget the name of the town. There's a campground 20 miles in from the Cantwell side called Brushkana. Also, there is another gravel road from Chitina to Kennecot Mine down by the Copper River/Valdez area. Go to Jeep'n Alaska facebook group and ask around about off-road options. I just got my JT, so I'm still figuring locations out. There's supposed to be a good adventure around Eureka that the locals go to during the summer.

I live in Anchorage. If you go to the Northwest section of this forum i have a thread about Alaska.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Denali Highway about 100 mi dirt road between Cantwell and the other end, i forget the name of the town. ...
Paxson. That is a beautiful drive.

Jeep Gladiator Live or Overlanded Alaska? Need Your Help! Alaska Trip, May-Jul 16, Route Map, Day 18 (Paxson to Healy)
Sponsored