Sponsored

Looks like Hummer wants to be like the Gladiator...

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I like that top if that's legit. I'd love to see Jeep come out with a completely module hardtop. Make it so there are two removable front panels. Removal rear T-top style panels like shown here. Then make it so the rear side windows and back window could come out. Basically a frame with a bunch of removable panels.

Get a full open air experience without ever having to remove anything but some freedom top like panels.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Sometimes I miss my H3 but I'm having fun with the Gladiator these days. That GMC Hummer is going to be pretty cool, but expensive. I wasn't ready to adapt to an EV anyways.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Not gonna lie (and will probably catch flak for this) but I've always wanted a Hummer the most, a HMMV or an Alpha but I can't legally operate a military one here on the roads and I won't pay nearly as much as anyone wants for the civilian H1. It is 1 of my dream vehicles and I hated when they stopped making them and only went with H2s and H3s. I would take a Humvee over a Jeep any day, not this new electric one though.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The title of this thread reminded me of this photo of a Hummer that was used on the show I worked on. Originally it was customized for Deadpool. Canopy I believe was made by Turtle Tops.
Jeep Gladiator Looks like Hummer wants to be like the Gladiator... 72D9F530-7769-45C5-9F2F-7B7CACE24253
That top was used by military to so not guess who might have made them Air Force and Army had some of them, I don't know if Navy and USMC did. Army used it as a contact truck for maintenance teams.

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
When I see the T top I see a strip of some type of metal or fiberglass connecting the front windshield to the back window. Jeeps have a roll bar connecting the four corners of the interior passenger compartment for rollover protection. It is a protection and safety functional part of the Jeep. Please do not confuse others who may not know the difference between Jeeps and other SUV types of vehicles especially after the events at the Go Topless Event.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Not gonna lie (and will probably catch flak for this) but I've always wanted a Hummer the most, a HMMV or an Alpha...
OK, maybe a little flak. :) Uncle Sam let me ride around for several years in various HMMWVs. I would never want a real one out here. I like real seats, not an after-thought pad on top of the battery box. And who said they can't get stuck? Somewhere I have a picture from South Korea of one buried to the frame.

Now, it did have some redeeming features, for example I saw one of my new guys towing a trailer upside-down and never even noticing it (great torque). I wouldn't mind a rifle rack or two up front. And you could jump-start one with a pair of pliers. As a military vehicle, sure. As a daily driver, no.

(All in fun)

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Freedom panels all the way back would be nice. Jeff Scherbs modular top was and is a great idea. If memory serves the JL Sahara with the panorama top uses them for the 1/4 glass.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
OK, maybe a little flak. :) Uncle Sam let me ride around for several years in various HMMWVs. I would never want a real one out here. I like real seats, not an after-thought pad on top of the battery box. And who said they can't get stuck? Somewhere I have a picture from South Korea of one buried to the frame.

Now, it did have some redeeming features, for example I saw one of my new guys towing a trailer upside-down and never even noticing it (great torque). I wouldn't mind a rifle rack or two up front. And you could jump-start one with a pair of pliers. As a military vehicle, sure. As a daily driver, no.

(All in fun)
I would have to do some work in a military Hummer before I would use it as DD, like new seats, put in AC, airbags, etc... I was also never a huge fan of the crappy engine/transmission combo in them either. While they were great for military duty they were slow so I'd want to change those out too, obviously this would all cost a boatload. I loved it overall but the civilian version was just nicer for people in general. I think today we don't have to have that massive CAT engine in there, maybe a smaller diesel would be cool with 6-8 speed, slightly more narrow would be alright too.

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I would have to do some work in a military Hummer before I would use it as DD, like new seats, put in AC, airbags, etc... I was also never a huge fan of the crappy engine/transmission combo in them either. While they were great for military duty they were slow so I'd want to change those out too, obviously this would all cost a boatload. I loved it overall but the civilian version was just nicer for people in general. I think today we don't have to have that massive CAT engine in there, maybe a smaller diesel would be cool with 6-8 speed, slightly more narrow would be alright too.
So, a jeep?

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
Weren’t, and maybe they almost still are, Hummers essentially Suburbans? Same engines and chassis? Hummers, other than maybe the electric idea.... But it doesn’t have enough range, just don’t appeal like a classic Jeep.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Saw a bumper sticker on a bad-ass black JK once that said it all. “If I wanted a Hummer I’d have bought your sister”. Had to laugh!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Weren’t, and maybe they almost still are, Hummers essentially Suburbans? Same engines and chassis? Hummers, other than maybe the electric idea.... But it doesn’t have enough range, just don’t appeal like a classic Jeep.
H2 was a Tahoe/Suburban based vehicle but they are reinforced, skid plated, have some 2500 -3/4 ton parts mixed in on the 1/2ton wheelbase. The H3 shared a platform with the trailblazer. An H1 is basically a civilian version of a Military HMMWV With some DOT bits for compliance and some creature comforts . I’ve wheeled with H1s including a Unicorn Factory Chevy gas 350cid powered H1 and H2s before. The H1s were very wide And slow on the trails and had issues with maneuverability but conquered everything reasonably well. The H2s had issues like most IFS trucks with little flex, lifting tires and they are pretty big compared to the TJ Wranglers and my M38A1 I was driving at the time. Hummers are cool and I wouldn’t mind having an H1 if I had the money.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I always wanted the H3t, but I’m much happier with the JT!
Sponsored